IT.COM

Afternic should prequalify inquiries.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I'm sure everyone on here has gotten inquiries on their domains listed with afternic.

I'm lazy. I uploaded my list to afternic with min offer $250. I know for a fact many of these are actual endusers inexperienced with the value of domains and yes many are domainers looking for a deal.

I understand that Afternic doesn't "act" on inquiries unless they make an offer. It would be too much manhours to do so and with no guarantees.

So why doesn't afternic have their dev team simply have a question asked prior to someone inquiring?

Like "What are you?"

1.domain investor
2.enduser (do you want this domain for your business)

That way Afternic can go after all the "enduser" inquiries more agressively. Instead of waiting for an offer.

Lots of missed opportunities I think.

Because let's be honest. Many of us when an inquiry comes in on your $250 min domain. Quickly change it to min $2500 buy now $25,000 or even $250,000. Depending on the "chatter" online about the keywords in your domain and you suspect a whale has come knocking on your door.

So many times I asked afternic to just reach out to inquiries. But they simply won't. And I get it. It costs money to do so.

So my solution I think is a quick, and cheap solution.

What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
3. student looking for a domain for a school project

•••
Like "What are you?"

1.domain investor
2.enduser (do you want this domain for your business)

3. student looking for a domain for a school project

4. just a human being :)

still, to think or assume that a domain investor has less money to spend than an end-user on a particular domain.....
and to request the platform to give one party preference over the other, may in fact get you lower offers than what you'd expect.

as example, last name I sold on afternic was 4 figure sale and would be considered by most to have sold to an end-user at that price

however, the name is still parked, which is what domain investors typically do.

asking such questions shouldn't be part of the aftermarket, but they can and are often asked by individuals, when inquiries come via email or phone.

imo....

•••
Because at the end of the day, smart buyers want to buy the domain at the lowest price possible, even pretend to be a student.

As a seller, I really don't care if you are an enduser or an investor. My price is set for the endusers, I will sell to anyone who agree on the price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back