Domain Empire

question Am I missing something or 4l Chips are down ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Look at recent sales for today

https://sedo.com/rss/rss_list.php?rss_id=17

Particularly

bdnn.com 1,338 USD
Tuesday, February 02, 2016 7:18 PM

pmpw.com 1,222 USD

wlnf.com 1,050 USD
Tuesday, February 02, 2016 7:17 PM

nxcw.com 1,000 USD

jykp.com 1,050 USD

nply.com 1,100 USD

wtwz.com 1,050 USD

and several others you can see the list , but I feel something is wrong here , anybody can spread a light here :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My guess is the buyers got lucky while some were sleeping and the Chinese are preparing for Chinese New Year.

•••
I am going to take a very wild guess here.

I read something about a lot of Chinese people being stuck in railway stations due to overcrowded trains in regards to Chinese new year next week. Apparently a lot of Chinese people are travelling home now.

Maybe they have vacation this week, not focussing so much on domains at this moment?

•••
•••
As per a DN.com email I received, Chinese holiday is from 4th - 10th Feb so we could see prices dip during this period. Be interesting to see what happens at the other side of the holiday.

•••
I could see the Chinese new year having some impact on this as well. Looks like some people got really good deals and right now might be a good time to be picking things up before the holiday is over.

•••
Is anyone actual surprised at this??

It was only a matter of time before the hype dropped.

This is just the beginning of the drop....

My opinion of course.

•••
•••
This issue comes up again and again.

Nothing has changed in the LLLL .com market during the last couple days.

Just Check Namebio.com for the listed domains - they were all sold 3-4 months ago when the floor was around $1200. Sedo RSS feed is known to list the prior sales very late.

Dear LLLL.com investors, breathe easy ! :P

Cheers,
Vicky

Look at recent sales for today

https://sedo.com/rss/rss_list.php?rss_id=17

Particularly

bdnn.com 1,338 USD

pmpw.com 1,222 USD

wlnf.com 1,050 USD

nxcw.com 1,000 USD

jykp.com 1,050 USD

nply.com 1,100 USD

wtwz.com 1,050 USD

and several others you can see the list , but I feel something is wrong here , anybody can spread a light here :)

•••
This issue comes up again and again.

Nothing has changed in the LLLL .com market during the last couple days.

Just Check Namebio.com for the listed domains - they were all sold 3-4 months ago when the floor was around $1200. Sedo RSS feed is known to list the prior sales very late.

Dear LLLL.com investors, breathe easy ! :P

Cheers,
Vicky

So this was just a reporting error with Sedo?

Pretty bad timing, does this happen regularly?

•••
So this was just a reporting error with Sedo?

Pretty bad timing, does this happen regularly?

Sedo's RSS feeds are always 2-4 months old. This has been discussed many times in the past on the forum.

Cheers,
V

Last edited:
•••
Holidays do not affect to business very much

•••
Any "chips" that were bought during the hype and have not been resold yet are going to be at a loss at this point.

The demand is already down, which in turn brings down the price.

If you look between the lines, you will see many trying to dump their "chip" investments.

The chinese are now realizing the domain scheme is not working.

Time for them to move on and try another industry to scam....

•••
I bought in a while back and as mentioned on another thread i'm out of 4l chips entirely.
I made very good ROI on them but I bought when they were way under $1k each.

Anyone who bought in a serious way in the last 3 months or so is in a difficult position of whether to sell out now at a loss or wait and be patient hoping for prices to rise again.

In short they have been an awful investment if you bought in the last 3 months or so and this excuse of Chinese New Year that people have been giving for weeks is baloney IMO.

If that were the case then 6n.coms wouldn't be up 30%+ in 2 weeks, regular 4l.nets non chip wouldn't have gone up and other namespaces wouldn't have had the buyouts in that time.

I personally think 4l.com chips may have peaked and if not then they have to seriously start performing again soon. N.B. I know other big 4l chip holders who have either gotten out of the space or are doing so in the coming months which can't help IMO. I have over 500 5l chips so it's in my interest for 4l prices to go up but things are as they are right now no getting away from it.

•••
Any "chips" that were bought during the hype and have not been resold yet are going to be at a loss at this point.

The demand is already down, which in turn brings down the price.

If you look between the lines, you will see many trying to dump their "chip" investments.

The chinese are now realizing the domain scheme is not working.

Time for them to move on and try another industry to scam....

Yet there is still no shortage of buyers at current floor prices. I had half a dozen offers when I posted a chip on QQ and WeChat. 2k with escrow fees paid was the best offer received. This is for a name that has no meaning in Chinese. This wasn't last month but 2 days ago.

I have three offers sitting in my mail box from this morning ranging from 1200-1800. I'm not heavily invested and I bought when prices were low.

•••
I have three offers sitting in my mail box from this morning ranging from 1200-1800.

No offence at all, but these offers just confirm even more the downfall of the prices.

These "chips" have dropped in price fairly substantial in the last month or so.

Floor prices dropped close to 25% or more in less then 30 days.

The writing is on the wall.

Again, not trying to offend anyone.

Just my two cents.

•••
No offence at all, but these offers just confirm even more the downfall of the prices.

Just my two cents.

You may very well be right, time will tell.

Again I hope 4l chips pick up again as i'm invested in 5l's but it's not looking too positive on the 4l chip front at the moment IMO.

Having said that I think the coming 4-6 weeks will reveal all in terms of where 4l chips are going.
If they don't move up again in a serious way after Chinese New Year I can see them steadily dropping from where we are to I don't know where exactly.

I wish everyone the best whatever they do.

•••

Just my two cents.

How could I possibly be offended! :D
You're fully entitled to your opinion of course and if anything it's always good to hear different perspectives in any market. However, I have to respectfully disagree with your assertion. This is very much the norm for offers via whois. Everybody wants to try and buy with a bit of meat left on the bone. I've yet to receive one single offer via email that reflects the current floor price over the past 6 months.

It's chronic flippers looking to make a quick buck. I'm not terribly worried about where prices go, i bought this particular 4l before the chip hype and way below the current floor, primarily with Western markets in mind.

•••
I think base price for 4l chips will be near 1200-1500$, i also see a lot of 4l investors will go to 5l.com as its a new market and lot to be made there with as little as 10$ investment on each. On the other hand 4l.com has reached its pick and not much money can be pumped on this market.

People has a lot of money to be invested on domains and 4l.com is becoming very small market to pump that massive amount of investment.

I have seen a lot of new people have joined domaining this year and a lot more is coming. On my facebook, twitter,linkedin account i get a lot of massage from people who wants to join the domaining game and in my local area a lot of students are joining this game. If thats the case with me i imagine what is happening world wide!

The point is a lot of investment money is coming in domaining this year and this will be distributed very well between 4l and 5l ( mentioned 5l not because only i am full of them but i really think in the .com business 5l has to be the next thing. common sense )

Now i am seeing not only the 4l.com were under valued i can see the hole domain thing is under valued and its picking its real value pretty soon. i think all domainers are going to make a lot of money.( those who actually are domainers )

Thanks.

•••
How could I possibly be offended! :D
You're fully entitled to your opinion of course and if anything it's always good to hear different perspectives in any market. However, I have to respectfully disagree with your assertion. This is very much the norm for offers via whois. Everybody wants to try and buy with a bit of meat left on the bone. I've yet to receive one single offer via email that reflects the current floor price over the past 6 months.

It's chronic flippers looking to make a quick buck. I'm not terribly worried about where prices go, i bought this particular 4l before the chip hype and way below the current floor, primarily with Western markets in mind.

I think his point is not so much meant for you rather those that are heavily invested in this space (such as I was) and the potential risks going forward. We are not dealing with $100 each or even a few hundred each, this is serious money per name so tread with caution seems sensible to me.

Prices have been on a steady decline for a substantial period of time so it is smart to caution people that there's no guarantee prices will recover any time soon and indeed they could feasibly go down more from here.

The fact remains that no one knows for sure either way but it's important to be aware of the serious risks in this market from hereon IMO.

•••
The problem is steady decline may cause panic and panic itself can cause a further decline. But rightnow I see that most Chips ends in 1900 - 2200$ range , so I do not know was sedo's reporting wrong ( member here told that it might be 2-3 month old , but in that case why exact dates are mentiones ) or somebody got really lucky ( which I believe far less )

•••
You guys are all silly. A domain is worth what a person is willing to pay for it. Not all 4L.coms are created equal and you'll see that quality is still driving upwards in price and the random without meaning or pattern chips are where a floor is relevant. The same goes for keyword domains, brandables, numbers etc.

The drop in value has been minor and if your watching the financial markets at all you would understand that US dollar strength alongside the weakening of the Yuan is more probable to any change in price than demand.

If it cost x,xxx rmb to buy before and now costs 30% more in their own currency, there is a natural effect since to them the prices are still rising even though to the ones on the forum who calculate in USD they are tapering.

There are also natural flows to markets, alternative extensions being considered and if you make your opinions on what you buy based on an error in a report or what namebio or estibot reports you will probably lose out in the end.

I'm neither bearish or bullish at this point and I don't base my domains on what 1 group of domains does verse another. For crying out loud in the last 4 months we have seen every type of domain get hot, cool off and get hot again.

Just my 2 cents.

•••
You guys are all silly. A domain is worth what a person is willing to pay for it. Not all 4L.coms are created equal and you'll see that quality is still driving upwards in price and the random without meaning or pattern chips are where a floor is relevant. The same goes for keyword domains, brandables, numbers etc.

The drop in value has been minor and if your watching the financial markets at all you would understand that US dollar strength alongside the weakening of the Yuan is more probable to any change in price than demand.

If it cost x,xxx rmb to buy before and now costs 30% more in their own currency, there is a natural effect since to them the prices are still rising even though to the ones on the forum who calculate in USD they are tapering.

There are also natural flows to markets, alternative extensions being considered and if you make your opinions on what you buy based on an error in a report or what namebio or estibot reports you will probably lose out in the end.

I'm neither bearish or bullish at this point and I don't base my domains on what 1 group of domains does verse another. For crying out loud in the last 4 months we have seen every type of domain get hot, cool off and get hot again.

Just my 2 cents.

Whats you 2 cents :)

•••
Chinese can buy 4L chips but this still not make sense globally, no one in developed countries will consider seriously site with 4L acronyms especially with letters like x,z,y, etc.

•••
This "chip" revolution follows the same path as penny stock markets.

For a period of time the stock will fly up due to a riot mentality "pump and dump" senario.

But in the end....they always go back to their true worth.

Pennies....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back