IT.COM

advice Amazon stops aStore

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mr. Deleted

Slabaugh.com 800-266-2728Top Member
Impact
19059321_10158837570060297_298078749474391133_n.jpg

If anyone wants help in building an Amazon store site, I can help, but these "aStores" are ging to be history soon.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've been considering creating an Amazon store site... Would love your inputs on how to go about it.

Ps. You might want to edit out your e-mail address from the screenshot...

•••
You can also populate wordpress with Amazon affilate linkss with tools like EasyAzon.

•••
I have a plugin that I use, you can see an example at (an older example) penatencream.com the catch-all site, TilYouDrop.Shop or one of my newest ones, bocsandals.com

•••
I've been considering creating an Amazon store site... Would love your inputs on how to go about it.

Ps. You might want to edit out your e-mail address from the screenshot...
If anyone wants to email me and dont include spam, I am OK with that, but I realised later that it was in there.

•••
Thanks @Mr. Deleted for the heads up!

In the past couple months, it was mentioned in another thread that astores were gone, and I think it was already phased out in the users country, it was still showing for me. Of course, mine I hadn't used or updated in so long it had been deactivated so I was able to re-verify and activate again. All I am after is the list of products I had in the original store, it was for a project I published. I can still log in and there is no mention it is being phased out LOL

Guessing I will get no email notice if my stores are inactive, they sent nothing when they deactivated either.

What I liked about the astore concept was you didn't have to have all the WARNING AFFILIATE LINK disclaimers all over the place. My peeve is building something that they then change the terms on, or can boot you out without recourse

•••
They Look fine, just I guess to make them rank is key for sales. As mentioned above, the affiliates sites need disclaimers and didnt see yours.... you could put on footer section at bottom.

•••
Astores weren't mobile friendly, and apparently not worth the effort to make them so.
Native shopping ads may be a viable replacement in some cases.

•••
I do use them sometimes. But I have a plugin that can quickly deploy a product site, with 20-50 products based on keyword. I have some nice keyword names that I use for that purpose. Now I have to either rank them or link to them via facebook where I have 1000's of followers.

•••
Astores weren't mobile friendly, and apparently not worth the effort to make them so.
Native shopping ads may be a viable replacement in some cases.
I had one guy om YT who had a dashcam film, and people were asking him for the kind of cam he used, so I made a dash-cam page for him, using the astore, and about a year later I noticed a 12 dollar sales commission from that link, which he had put in his description.

Anyway, the main benefit, in my opinion, was for use as an app on a Facebook page...

Today I just decided I better make a list of all my old store links: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RBA_bQxD_dQliKQYL7FYm-oX8lHBMmkFALVg32QKGfg/edit?usp=sharing

•••
I do use them sometimes. But I have a plugin that can quickly deploy a product site, with 20-50 products based on keyword.

Amazon converts best for me with individual product links that I manage myself. That said, I used to use astore pages for some things and switched them all to native shopping ads last year. Btw, Ive seen NSA get blocked by ad blockers so if you use them you should have a fallback.

•••
•••
So the whole goal is set up sites that site earn enough to pay for the domain? And anything over is just a bonus?

MicFlip - thats a kewl product too

•••
you mean like micflip.com?
Mine have way more content. I don't make "store sites"' any more - affiliate links are supplementary, not the main content. A little more work, much better conversions... ;)
juneaz.png

Last edited:
•••
Mine have way more content. I don't make "store sites"' any more - affiliate links are supplementary, not the main content. A little more work, much better conversions... ;)
Show attachment 61355
You are right, I dont convert that much, my main money is actually on the Createspace side (another Amazon company) where I publish books. The content sites are actually more of a hobby than the publishing business, but ya, the more I make, the better, so driving sales to Amazon should be for more high-end items for the commissions to be higher. An example of my publishing efforts are www.amish.co and www.kokesh.org. For the cookbook I have it on Amazon as a paperback and as a Kindle and BN.com as a Nook, which is through their NookPress.com. For the Kokesh book I only have it on paperback. I have sold about an equal number of each book, but for the cookbook, I have 80,000 members in a "secret" group on fb, and 8000 likes on www.fb.com/amishcookbooks. I also advertise an Amazon link at the bottom of my 800 Youtube videos, with millions of viewers.

Any more questions or ideas you want to discuss?

•••
There will be a tonne of non working turnkey sites that wont work.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back