Domain Empire

offers Any advice on this "photo" domain sales offer - reject or accept?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
P/h/o/t/o/b/o/m/b.com - $5k (initial offer)

What would be a fair price?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it's not just a domain but also a website OR you are purely asking question for domain name?

•••
Just the domain. I threw up a website just for the fun of it. Offer does not mention website.

•••
what did he start at
and yer cost
would be some crucial points to know

its all bout roi after all

•••
Counter. Too low.

This term is a phenomenon defining term and it is used very often on social media as well as on news websites. Just look at the broad and exact search results.

IMHO, this is no ordinary domain and can be used to develop big photos/images related projects. For instance it could be a social media on lines of Instagram and Snapchat or a photo editing suite or a photo hosting service or a gif/gags website.

What was your acquisition price? Do you have any idea who could be the buyer? Have you received other offers? What is your hold time?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Tough call. It think it depends on your sense of how strongly the purchaser specifically wants this one, which may be impossible to know if the communication is via an offer form.

The photo start has sold for an average price of $4.5k with some comparators clearly higher e.g. photobooths sold for $21.5 k this year, and photosight and photo box for $14.4k and $10.7k in 2009.
Sales ending in bomb are much fewer, but average price $1200.

Of the 470,561 com sales ever on NameBio, 24,449 have sold for more than $5k. Is this a 1 in 20 quality word? Possibly.

I would probably counter, but close enough to not scare off purchaser. Best of luck, and congratulations on the name and offer!

Last edited:
•••
Counter $12k and take the offer coming.

•••
imho, $5k is too low for a such name.

•••
Sales ending in bomb are much fewer
I would not compare with other "bomb" sales. Photobomb is a phenomena in itself, having not much to do with bombs as such. Like sex bomb. Nothing explodes here.

•••
I would not compare with other "bomb" sales. Photobomb is a phenomena in itself, having not much to do with bombs as such. Like sex bomb. Nothing explodes here.
Exactly. Just like you can't compare carpool.com with other domains ending with word "pool". It is a whole word in itself and a good brand IMHO.

•••
Thanks everyone. I honestly feel the offer is low, but it is a good starting point. I've had it for several years and never did anything with it. I'm trying to get a feel for what it's worth before submitting a counter offer.

•••
Exactly. Just like you can't compare carpool.com with other domains ending with word "pool". It is a whole word in itself and a good brand IMHO.

It is a good point, and I agree entirely (although a number of the bomb sales were in words that are also common compounds like snapbomb, cherrybomb and inkbomb).

But with over 6 million Google results clearly photobomb is in a different class from the others, so you should ignore my figure for sales ending in bomb.

It is somewhat surprising that on NameBio photobomb has never sold before in any extension, exact or included term. ImageBomb did sell for $2295 and clearly photobomb is WAY more valuable than that. Photorobot and Photobyte sold for $7500 and clearly they are nowhere near as valuable. GV says just under $10k for photobomb but too low probably in this case.

•••
That name is a Bomb
Counter outrightly

•••
•••
if you don't need the money
ask for more

if you are short
take it

•••
Counter 20k land at 12k offer payment plan to cover the difference if needed the buyer seems serious if this is the first offer.

It's a awesome name but who knows when the next serious buyer is coming

•••
I'm leaning towards waiting it out to see if they are serious about buying. I agree with most and see this name around the 15-20k range.

•••
Five grand would be nowhere near what I'd want for that name.

•••
•••
Love your valuation E-Thunder!

•••

Just for fun I looked up the list of 9 character (or longer) domains that sold for $100k or more during the past 5 years (NameBio). There were 51 and quite a bit of variety including some three word names. At first I thought the valuation suggested was crazy, but looking at the list, maybe not! Just shows this is not an exact science!

https://namebio.com/?s==gTNycTO0gTM

•••
It’s a great name. Perfect for a camera company or marketing campaign. I’d personally counter high but of course you risk the sale if it’s not the right end user.

•••
I like when the last syllable also rhymes with dotcom like bomb does. It's like a jingle that wakes anyone up who wasn't paying attention.

•••
Just tell him :

This offer is too low for this perfect domain name, as you can see it has with it an already developed site. Make me an improved offer that reflects the value of this name and we can discuss further. IMHO though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back