Dynadot

discuss Seeking advice for selling domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

fozia2

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the domain name microsoftsmarket.com from GoDaddy with the intention of reselling it. However, when I listed it on platforms like sedo, afternic etc, I received feedback that the domain going against their policies for some reason.

I'm not sure what aspects of the domain name might be causing this feedback, and I'm open to any suggestions or insights you might have. Perhaps there's something I can improve in the listing description, or maybe there are other platforms or communities where this domain might be a better fit.

I appreciate any help or advice you can offer!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Microsoft = obvious trademark issue.

Brad

•••
what should be the solution now

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I'd say you send the offer to Microsoft over and over, to all their key people you can only find on LinkedIn, pushing it really hard to sell a minimum for $50000 - as an absolute minimum and a big favor to them.
Any other reaction you might encounter except for agreement - I would laugh in their face.

P.S. (No, better not, I changed my mind ))

•••
•••
Call Bill Gates and ask him what you should do.

•••
Maybe join the Godaddy Domain Academy to learn more
I sent him a guide on some fundamentals that should help him get started properly.

•••
The domain has a trademark issue. Any wrong doing will cost you alot if Microsoft bring the case as damage to its trademark. So better to drop it, or if you can get refund, you may ask refund if it is just registered and still in Grace period.

•••
Would it be better to mention in the email in case the domain is damaged? or would that be unprofessional? there is no chance of getting a refund in this case. How much do you think this risk is worth taking?

•••
I'd say you send the offer to Microsoft over and over, to all their key people you can only find on LinkedIn, pushing it really hard to sell a minimum for $50000 - as an absolute minimum and a big favor to them.
Any other reaction you might encounter except for agreement - I would laugh in their face.

P.S. (No, better not, I changed my mind ))
I am targeting Microsoft company. Please tell me in detail

•••
•••
I am targeting Microsoft company. Please tell me in detail
The poster is being facetious.

In all seriousness, offering to sell this domain to Microsoft is about the worst thing you could possibly do.

Get a refund, delete it, turn off auto renew and just let it eventually drop. All much better options.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
@fozia2 check your in box I sent you a quick guide to to understanding the basics before you jump head first into further regret buying. 😂

•••
The biggest problem is not the domain, but you can be fined for damaging Microsoft's trademark. You can be fined 1000 to 150,000$ for each infringent + lawyer fee. It happen if in some case it is proofed :
- you put advertisement in the domain that steal Microsoft's customers
- you monetize visitors to your domain
- you make bad reputation to Microsoft
- you use Microsoft's brand without permission to your own benefit

Last edited:
•••
Hi,
Does the domain have a grace period, If a new domain is issued then in how many days we can return it is there any way? Should I contact the owner of the Microsoft domain that I took the domain by mistake?
So that I can avoid these future problems. Please anyone guide

•••
The biggest problem is not the domain, but you can be fined for damaging Microsoft's trademark. You can be fined 1000 to 150,000$ for each infringent + lawyer fee. It happen if in some case it is proofed :
- you put advertisement in the domain that steal Microsoft's customers
- you monetize visitors to your domain
- you make bad reputation to Microsoft
- you use Microsoft's brand without permission to yo
Hi,
Does the domain have a grace period, If a new domain is issued then in how many days we can return it is there any way? Should I contact the owner of the Microsoft domain that I took the domain by mistake?

•••
Hi,
Contact support from where you bought it from and ask if you can refund. You can’t contact whoever own the domain before you to tell them you bought it by accident and do not contact Microsoft. If you can’t get a refund you should still be able to drop or delete the name. If you tell us where you got the name we can help more.

•••
I bought this domain from godaddy.com

•••
How do I know this domain is trademarked if you have any list on trademarks please send me

•••
How is it trademarked while Microsoft Market is not Microsoft alone?
thanks for all your cooperation

•••
•••
The domain was registered 13 days ago.
I looked at the whois. So no cash back not that you deserve it.
Contact godaddy to grace delete

•••
good luck

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back