Domain Empire

Any experience with FastVision?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
After getting a follow request from them via Twitter, I explored the website of UK-based FastVision, www.fastvision.com.

They seem to offer attractive plans, and their website itself is quite responsive, no waiting time for opening pages. Servers are located in London.

I searched for evaluations online, but did not find useful assessments.

Does anyone use FatsVision, and could share experiences - positive or negative - about them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have never heard about them before.
Think that it will be a good idea to search for customer hosting reviews about them at Webhostingstuff - it is really good review web site.

•••
How long have they been providing hosting services?

As for review web sites, I know Hostjury and Webhostingjury review site - they are trustworthy.

•••
Thank you, I agree - but there is only one review (dated 2010) on Webhostingstuff, and nothing else elsewhere. The author of the review provides the URL of his own website, which gives some credibility. Still, only one review is not enough. On the other hand, it is true that happy customers do not necessarily post reviews - thus finding few reviews, and none negative, would rather plead for Fastvision.
Let's see if anybody else has had some experience with them.

•••
I would suggest you email them and check out how fast their response is
That way you might have a slight idea about their support system

Also try using google to find reviews

Best of luck

•••
Never heard them before. New for me. Better go for established and known hosts.

•••
I've only found a few decently written reviews, you can check them out here (copy paste into your address bar)

factoidz.com/fastvision-hosting-review-and-promo-code/

webhostingfreereviews.com/reviews/fastvision-web-hosting-review/

webhostinghero.co.uk/fastvision-review

Personally I've never used them. I've heard of them, but never used them.

•••
Thank you for sharing! I have found some customer reviews on other sites in the meantime, on average they seem to be good. I have not yet signed for a plan with FastVision, but from what I see it seems attractive. What I like also is how fast their website opens: the worst is looking for a webhost whose own website is unresponsive!

•••
I know the name of this web host and their services probably good. According to their website the company is formed in 2001. Seems well experienced. However the thing which surprised me – they only highlighted shared and reseller hosting packages …

•••
OK, I have decided to give them a try for a few websites. I have signed for a Lite Plan for two years, price just below £ 100. Here is a summary of my first experiences:

1) Subscribing to the plan was easy and fast. No problem.

2) The control panel is detailed and can be navigated fast, but very different from cPanel or other control panels I am familiar with. It is not difficult, but there are things that are different, and it just takes a little time to understand where everything is and how it works. Probably people who want to configure everything by themselves will prefer cPanel - but for most users it is fine. (When I contacted support - see below - they told me they feel their control panel is dated and a new one will be implemented this year.) In the panel, there is also a window with the status of all services.

3) Adding a domain name to the hosting plan is very different from what I have experienced with other hosting services. You need not to add the domain, but to "import" it ("import" does not mean "transfer", but just adding a domain registered with another registrar). This "import" is not instant: I have now added two domain names, and it took between one and three hours for each of them. Apparently, they check each domain name manually before adding it. Once the "import" is done, user is invited to switch the nameservers to FastVision if not already done, but it is posssible to tick a box in order to proceed first with FTP transfer - and it is easy to check how an "imported" domain looks before switching the DNS. Everything worked very well, one should just be aware that adding a domain name takes a few hours and is not instant.

4) Due to a misunderstanding regarding that aspect of the panel, I contacted support. It was Saturday evening, European time (FastVision is UK-based). I was fearing the worst... but I had a very good surprise. Within 30 minutes, I had a reply from support - and it was not a reply by somebody who did not understand: but it was a clear, personalized, helpful reply, nothing automated. I contacted them again 30 minutes later for another problem (a folder I had accidentally deleted and I did not manage to recreate); within a few minutes, I got a reply telling me they had checked, at which time the folder had been deleted, and offering me to recreate it for me. I agreed, and ten minutes later I had a message telling me the folder had been recreated. Each time, polite, helpful, caring. Wow: that impressed me! I had contacted the same day a well-reputed hosting support in the US, where I have been a customer for years, and they were by far not as helpful. So I can praise FastVision support (and I didn't tell them I intended to write a report about my experiences on NamePros!).

5) Moreover, I have checked: they have a street address, they have a telephone number, they have a fax number. This is not someting I find with every hosting service.

So I can say my first experiences have been very good. I thought it was worth sharing. Of course, in case I have other (good or bad) experiences in the future, I will share them too.

I hope it can be helpful.

Last edited:
•••
Glad to hear that you are happy with their service so far, hopefully they can continue to meet your expectations :)

•••
Still one small additional precision regarding the FastVision control panel: BEFORE uploading the website content via FTP, one needs to change the status of the domain name in the control panel from "parked" to "webspace". Of course, since this is unusual for hosting only, I made the mistake to upload first, and the website was nowhere to be seen.

I had asked another question to support regarding billing: I have received again a personal and precise answer. Really, they seem to have a quite good support - and those are things that matter these days.

•••
Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, I'm glad to hear they've got good support. How is the up time?

Now that I've seen your comments of them, I may look into transferring to FastVision when I renew my hosting plan(s), thanks again for sharing :)

•••
Uptime: not enough experience with them for commenting about that. It seems to be good, I have read nothing to the contrary in customers' comments, but only time will tell, and I have not investigated that aspect.

•••
I do not use fastvision but 3 of my friends are using it. they keep on encouraging me about the product but they also says it has a lot of down-times. so i am still weighing things.

•••
Good service so far I must say. There are other service which I tried with way way more expensive plans but the support is poor. Glad to know about FastVision, seems to be a worth to try option in terms of hosting.

Zidane

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back