IT.COM

movies Anyone else hate the new Star Wars movie?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
First, let me say that if you haven't seen the movie yet and hate spoilers, please do not read this post. STOP HERE!!!

Second, I loved all the Star Wars movies to date and have eagerly awaited the revival of this franchise. By no means am I an expert on any of the episodes.

BUT, frankly, the latest movie was quite a disappointment for me. Did anyone else have this feeling? Here are some of the things I really didn't like:
  1. The movie takes place 30 years after the Revenge of the Jedi. Nothing really new has happened in the universe since then. Boring.
  2. There were way too many connections to the original Star Wars movies. They literally brought back so many things for cameos it got tired fast. Another cantina scene? Really?
  3. The main plot was to destroy yet another Death Star? Ok, Death Planet, but this makes 3 of these right? OMG! They have some of the best writers in cinema supposedly and a huge budget. We couldn't get a better plot?
  4. You have the whole universe to explore. And yet most of the action takes place on a desert. Don't you remember the factory scene with Anakin and Kenobi? Now that was a cool location.
  5. Carrie Fischer's acting: Is there a stick up her arse? Could she have been more stiff?
  6. I loved Finn's character but no explanation of why stormtroopers are no longer clones of Boba Fett.
  7. Luke at the end: Couldn't they have had him use the force to take his light saber from Raye? No, he just stood there and stared at her.
  8. Lame bad guy. He was a larger than life projection. Not scary. Remember the emperor? Now he was a good bad guy.
  9. Finally, Solo's end...so freaking predictable.
  10. The hype: It's so over the top and contrived by the media.
Maybe I missed some stuff or didn't understand. Please let me know your thoughts about my thoughts above. I would love to hear them!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well if you love them so far like I did then its really hard to HATE this one.

however, its entirely possible to be disappointed by it. which I am.

did I waste my money and time going there? not at all.
did I regret it. nope.

could they have done it way better. more interesting. more wonderful. used better guys for it. for sure they could have.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back