IT.COM

events Anyone Going to NamesCon Global 2024?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Charac

Established Member
Impact
...if I could I probably would. (namescon.com). Which is scheduled to happen June 5 to 8th, Austin TX

Firmly noting that I have no association or affiliation whatsoever. Only that they've managed to draw my heavy interest. Looks to be an awesome event this year.

Another reason for posting, my dear fellow members, is that they offer 55% off through March 8th, which is only 12 days off. For those wanting to get in on...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Calling out NamePros - plan on sending someone representing?

Perhaps seasoned Bob Hawkes can chime in?

•••
No. Even if there is some great stuff going on, online straming would be far preferable to me, in general.

Last edited:
•••
I'm preparing an interview with NamesCon chairman, Soeren von Varchmin.

What would you be curious to learn about this year's edition, or the making of NamesCon, or Soeren himself?

One question I have already: Why is there no online streaming, and when do they plan to include it as an option? :)

Appreciate your help with other questions you may have about the event!

•••
I'm preparing an interview with NamesCon chairman, Soeren von Varchmin.

What would you be curious to learn about this year's edition, or the making of NamesCon, or Soeren himself?

One question I have already: Why is there no online streaming, and when do they plan to include it as an option? :)

Appreciate your help with other questions you may have about the event!

Semain, - What an amazing post!

I'm with you on the streaming, along with LoveCatchyDomains. But assume this may have something to do with affecting paid-for signups?

As an upfront idea right now; what about a small raffle in order to giveaway a handful of registrations? That might help convey their sense of understanding toward the increasingly high-cost of entering domain investing for so many. While at the same time generating interest in the event (even if communicated "off the record").

Specifics I'd be curious about? Thanks for asking. Going by shows mentioned on their website;

"Governing Bodies" - perhaps a topic directed around AI, and any evolving plans to interface safe operating regulations at the domain registrar-level (agreed on at checkout?). Might be carried to hosting venue?

"IP Lawyers and Brand Protection" - how might AI affect their field and IP enforceability trending. Especially considering our more recent Chatbot scraping and how AI could soon begin to dilute rights for all individuals in general. Also; any signs of USPTO making accomodations for an ever-shrinking pool of names available to us?

Last edited:
•••
@Charac thank you for your reply! I think your comments are valid in the fast-changing AI and digital space.

This interview is with the NamePros event spokesperson, and we'll likely be discussing topics related to the event itself (sessions, participants, impact). Maybe you have some questions related to this, or perhaps I didn't understand your concerns in relation to the event's host. Sorry for not being clear in my initial message :)

•••
@Charac thank you for your reply! I think your comments are valid in the fast-changing AI and digital space.

This interview is with the NamePros event spokesperson, and we'll likely be discussing topics related to the event itself (sessions, participants, impact). Maybe you have some questions related to this, or perhaps I didn't understand your concerns in relation to the event's host. Sorry for not being clear in my initial message :)

Semaine, with an "e"!

What you've pointed out is proof I either had, gulped too much or not enough coffee when I made that post!

Sounds like you're angling more toward the production... that at the same time may give a chance to hype the event (nothing derogatory intended)

Those ideas of mine were specific, I confess, maybe too. But were suggested if you choose to, for example, ask about planned speaker topics for us to look forward to ahead of time? The kind sometimes tagged at the end of an interview? I don't know Semaine -- I'm taking liberties here! :unsure:

BTW - Above when I said "Might be carried to hosting venue?" By coincidence, I was referring to website hosting companies. Was simply referring to how AI regulation might impact domain purchases/renewals at registrars.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back