Dynadot

question Anyone is aware of installation of epp server?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sparrowhost

Established Member
Impact
Hey there, i am looking some help via anyone can help in installing an epp server for me.
https(dot)//sourceforge(dot)net/projects/epp-server/

this is what i found in web.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, EPP server is a software that lets registrars communicate with registries for domain operations. To install an EPP server, you need a server with minimum requirements, a SSL certificate, and an EPP server software. You can use open source or commercial software. You need to follow the instructions to install the software. You might also need to set up some databases, firewalls, logs, etc. You might also need to test the software.

If you need more help, you can contact some experts or check some online resources on EPP servers.

•••
hi thanks for the reply, although i need to start a sub domain registry business, where i will sell 3rd level domains. do you know anyone who can help to install this software i have added the link. it does support the 3rd level domains selling

•••
EPP is used for communication between registrars (those offering domain registration, such as GoDaddy or DynaDot) and registries (those who actually own the extension, such as VeriSign or Afilias).. The registries are the ones who would setup the EPP server and the registrars are the ones who would connect to it and issue commands. You are wanting to start a sub-domain business. This tells me you are not a registry and you do not actually own the extension which your website is on. What you are wanting to do is have a script that automatically creates sub-domains on your current domain when someone signs up or pays you or whatever..

You do not need EPP software. What it sounds like you need is a hosting account that offers unlimited subdomains and either code that will automatically create them when someone joins and pays or whatever (which you can implement into your already working current website), or some type of plugin or something that will do it all for you (user makes the account, pays, sub domain is created..etc). You can search Google for this type of stuff, but a few quick things I found were...

Free cPanel Sub Domain Creator Script (requires cPanel)
How To Create Sub Domains with the cPanel API (requires WHM/cPanel)
Convert Wordpress Page into a Sub Domain (requires Wordpress)

I haven't tested anything above, I just found these by doing a few Google searches. Just know that what you are trying to do has nothing to do with EPP. You are not a registry and if you're a registrar needing to use EPP the registry would have given you much more information than what you've shared here. You are working with sub domains on one single domain. Everything you're doing is going to be through your host and hosting control panel.

•••
hi there, i am totally aware of that, i was looking for someone who can install epp server only, so i can start selling my 3rd level domains using epp clients. Just like it(.)com is doing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back