NameSilo

question Anyone Plan on Registering .INSURANCE extension Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
I know alot of people hate me on here but I gotta ask and hope I don't get blasted. I know I know. new gTLD's are crap and as a newbie I shouldn't jump into something that's out of my league but..........

insurance is the top keyword for PPC isn't it?

that being said if .Insurance is the extension. Half the work is pretty much done for you isn't it? all you have to do is just find a good keyword to the LEFT of the dot. yes?

Especially when the sale of Travel.Agency was for a nice high price.

plus the sale for CancerInsurance.com was also for a high price (and yes I know the price factored into the equation that it came with the purchase included thee entire website too.)

plus other cool gTLD's historical sales. Are we looking at a potential million dollar event or even just high $xxx,xxx if people start snagging say domains like.

Cancer.Insurance ?
or
Auto.Insurance?
or
Car.Insurance?

I'm guessing no if there is no website included in the deal.

I suspect thee owners of .Insurance will undoubtedly keep these for themselves even though they are still available to pre register although you've had to be the first to do it to have a shot at getting it. yes or no?

just curious about what people will say.

I'm not interested because the yearly on that is about $800 a year! what!?! lol

has anyone pre-register any .INSURANCE? just curious. Good luck to you!

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well...you're right that the registry isn't just going to let anyone hand register Auto.insurance, Cancer.insurance, Car.insurance, Health.insurance..etc. Those will all be reserved and they will either auction them off later, or charge premium prices from the start.

I'm not pre-registering any .insurance domains because I'm willing to bet almost anything with good value in that extension will be reserved. The registry doesn't want you to make money from an end user, they want to make that money themselves.

•••
Well...you're right that the registry isn't just going to let anyone hand register Auto.insurance, Cancer.insurance, Car.insurance, Health.insurance..etc. Those will all be reserved and they will either auction them off later, or charge premium prices from the start.

I'm not pre-registering any .insurance domains because I'm willing to bet almost anything with good value in that extension will be reserved. The registry doesn't want you to make money from an end user, they want to make that money themselves.

I've always wonder if this whole "pre-registration" thing was just another form of domain frontrunning. whereby the owner if a brand new extension "says" that they are "allowing" pre-registration just to get an "idea" of what people want and then conveniently just saying "oh well someone beat you to it sorry."

lol I mean seriously?!?! who would really even know?
Yea sure you pay your pre registration fee to supposedly hold your domain. but if you don't get it you just get a refund. and that's it no harm no foul except that they basically just used you to "Taste test" certain keyword domains to their own benefit?

is there anything that ICANN or whatever governing body monitoring the domain industry to prevent this?
or can this be done without any way to catch them doing it?

oh well. I guess top keyword .insurance domains will go for top dollar. no newbie or mid pro dominer will even get a shot.

but why even make it seem like you can "Actually" pre register and even hold your cash when it's obvious they won't let you snatch it up? lol

I almost went for it but realized it was pointless or was it? damn I sure hope I didn't do something stupid and walk away from a potentially huge opportunity.

•••
I consider myself too new to the domaining world to take risks with domain name extensions that cost that much to register and renew annually, but I would certainly have joined the band-wagon if I had the experience to further motivate my thinking. I'd definitely have pre-registered a few, but at this stage I'm just watching the excitement unfold - yet to make my first domain sale to begin with :D

I would also very much agree on the point made about how lucrative the insurance industry is, as I've recently done quite a bit of research on the matter. Anyhow, looking forward to hearing what other domainers have to say about the new .insurance extension - if any gTLD should make an impact in terms of online searching, this one should rank very high.

•••
I consider myself too new to the domaining world to take risks with domain name extensions that cost that much to register and renew annually, but I would certainly have joined the band-wagon if I had the experience to further motivate my thinking. I'd definitely have pre-registered a few, but at this stage I'm just watching the excitement unfold - yet to make my first domain sale to begin with :D

I would also very much agree on the point made about how lucrative the insurance industry is, as I've recently done quite a bit of research on the matter. Anyhow, looking forward to hearing what other domainers have to say about the new .insurance extension - if any gTLD should make an impact in terms of online searching, this one should rank very high.
Stick with .com and your domaining will go smoother, yes the new Gtlds are a challenge ........ for those with big pockets

•••
Stick with .com and your domaining will go smoother, yes the new Gtlds are a challenge ........ for those with big pockets
With the exception of certain ccTLD's of course (depending on the said keyword) right?

•••
•••
I only like this .insurance with whatever keyword because of the sale by Zandibot of Travel.Agency for big $xx,xxx.

and that's a travel niche which is big yes? but you don't see the travel niche in the top 10 most expensive historical domain sales in history. so with that thought process would it be stupid that an exact keyword match like Car.Insurance wouldn't fetch big bucks higher than travel.agency? (if marketed correctly)

I like thee odds on this one based on historical sales of properly combined keywords with new gTLD's. can't remember any but there have been plenty of sales.

here I am talking like I "actually" had a shot at grabbing any of these .insurance domains. all the good keywords in this extension is most certainly reserved already. which is why it was even pointless to even try. it's nice to dream though. lol

see I've always wondered about pre-registration. I've always suspected it to be just a way for an extension company to "frontrunning" keywords in the form of getting people to pre-register domains. then later on just telling the people who tried to pre-register. that "someone" beat you to it.

but how can anyone really know? just take their word for it? essentially you did their work for them and you've just wasted your time pre-registering a domain they in thee end would just steal from you and the best part? set up privacy on the domain so you can't know if they registered it themselves. lol

not accusing anyone of anything but it's just too too easy and too tempting for any extension company to do this so why not do it? I mean there aren't no ICANN "safeguards" to prevent this. is there?

I'd love to hear the 411 on this. Thanks.

•••
With the exception of certain ccTLD's of course (depending on the said keyword) right?
I live in Australia and would love to have Insurance.com.au .......... but that's never gonna happen, if you want to wait ten or so years get a .insurance name. Stuff like this only works if you are a compnay and have a big budget to reach the critical masses. Otherwise a long slow wait. A couple of decent New Gtld Sales do not make a trend

•••
I live in Australia and would love to have Insurance.com.au .......... but that's never gonna happen, if you want to wait ten or so years get a .insurance name. Stuff like this only works if you are a compnay and have a big budget to reach the critical masses. Otherwise a long slow wait. A couple of decent New Gtld Sales do not make a trend

not to be an azz but lol I couldn't help but notice you have Hire.Domains? ;) nice New GTLD you got there. lol

•••
You could allocate $800 to 75 hand registered .Coms each year and have a better chance of breaking even than getting ONE .insurance. I'll reiterate what has been already been stated, these domains are only to appear as low hanging fruit. Stay away, far far away.

•••
lol but soooooo tempting! lol jk jk. ahhh it's too late anyway for anything good.

•••
You could allocate $800 to 75 hand registered .Coms each year and have a better chance of breaking even than getting ONE .insurance. I'll reiterate what has been already been stated, these domains are only to appear as low hanging fruit. Stay away, far far away.

so it's not as easy as just snagging say Car.Insurance and immediately listing it on SEDO and just wait for a million dollar bid? lol;)

awww man! lol jk jk The powers that be in the domain world prevents the tiny domainer from ever getting such a scenario happen. ever.

•••
not to be an azz but lol I couldn't help but notice you have Hire.Domains? ;) nice New GTLD you got there. lol
This is pencil marked to be dropped, I did grab just under ten new gtlds, of which i will only be keeping one. That is Join.Domains and is only going to be kept at a possible business venture down the road. It is listed for sale at sedo but any expectations of a sale are not really seriously happening. Some of the new Gtlds I did register had a price jump after only one year..........scared me off. Can anyone supply the price of .insurance At stated you need big bucks to market these names, the safe money is with .com. Other than that I suggest very limited exposure to the New Gtlds, don't listen to the industry expert "spin doctors"
Imo

•••
This is pencil marked to be dropped, I did grab just under ten new gtlds, of which i will only be keeping one. That is Join.Domains and is only going to be kept at a possible business venture down the road. It is listed for sale at sedo but any expectations of a sale are not really seriously happening. Some of the new Gtlds I did register had a price jump after only one year..........scared me off. Can anyone supply the price of .insurance At stated you need big bucks to market these names, the safe money is with .com. Other than that I suggest very limited exposure to the New Gtlds, don't listen to the industry expert "spin doctors"
Imo

Thanks for that. and there's alot of THOSE "doctors" especially on here. I would suspect some have fake accounts on here to "spin spin spin" away.

•••
The only real bargain I have seen with these was Electric.Guitars at an auction for $2000 other than that .....risky business

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back