NameSilo

news Apple introduces Stylus 'Apple Pencil' : all extensions taken

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
In the live event today, Apple introduced Apple iPad Pro with 12.9 inch screen, the most powerful iPad. They also introduced a stylus called 'Apple Pencil'.
I checked for the term and saw that almost all extensions for the term ApplePencil has been taken.
ApplePencils.com has also been taken!

Clearly a trademark issue!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
In the live event today, Apple introduced Apple iPad Pro with 12.9 inch screen, the most powerful iPad. They also introduced a stylus called 'Apple Pencil'.
I checked for the term and saw that almost all extensions for the term ApplePencil has been taken.
ApplePencils.com has also been taken!

Clearly a trademark issue!
applepencils and applepencil redirects to Twig Pencils. Also was registered June 11. Not sure this is clearly a TM violation

Apple
websitefavicon.jpg
Twig Pencils™

Winesap Version 1.0

Operational System: Ecology 1.0

• Made from apple tree twigs

•••
My guess is they(Apple Inc) picked Pencil because it was different (others use stylus and pen), and the pencil is known for it's eraser (a pen more sticking a feather in an ink well without erasing)

I think one could own an Apple Pencil domain and have a site about pencils made from apple tree wood. So it would not be an instant 'you lose'. So only the timing would seem odd.

•••
I went through my domains and I have P / e / n / c / i / l / P / a / d (dot com); might have a different angle for value now...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back