IT.COM

Are you selling domains at Afternic without parking there?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
For those of you who list domains on Afternic. Have you been successful in selling domains without parking them there?

I have used SEDO successfully, but rarely use Afternic. What is your experience getting offers or purchases for names you list without parking?

Your comments are appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like your comment @SpareDomains.

Let me to add my 2 cents @kaz2.
From my experience, success in domaining depends something like ~80% on quality of domain names and ~20% or less in methods of exposing/promotion.
In other words, if you have a domain name which is in demand (either a CHIP or a generic), you can literally have a blank page or no nameservers at such a domain name and even then the right buyer finds you via whois. At the same time, if a domain name doesn't generate necessary interest, you can land the domain name on "a golden plate" signed by best names in domain industry and it will hardly help...

The thing is to have the right domain name and to make things even more complicated I'd say that "the right domain name" doesn't have to mean the same as "truly premium name organically". See such recent sale by M.B. like https://twitter.com/mwd/status/718065958129049601 - the domain name isn't great, isn't aged (at least by WhoIS), the keyword doesn't have any search volume and Google stats are weak...

Some say that domaining is an art and it is indeed, at least at some extend.

Good luck,
~AW

•••
Thanks passini, when you say you sell them via whois do you mean via people looking you up on the domain whois and emailing you?

Yes

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back