NameSilo

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry, I meant switching the DNS from an Afternic lander to a Squadhelp lander. I'm in the process of switching names over but after finding so many little issues (and not a lot of help) I'm starting to second-guess my plan. I've also been checking around but not finding anyone who has actually sold a name with SH, which is discouraging.
Ah, I see.

I think the problem with SH, and at times the opportunity, is that many of the buyers there are entrepreneurs launching new start-ups. Sadly, in a global recession, such new companies are thin on the ground.

Judging their sales right now is perhaps a little unfair then, although for balance I’m sceptical about any platform that doesn’t report sales - it’s almost as if they’re trying to hide a lack of them…..

•••
Ah, I see.

I think the problem with SH, and at times the opportunity, is that many of the buyers there are entrepreneurs launching new start-ups. Sadly, in a global recession, such new companies are thin on the ground.

Judging their sales right now is perhaps a little unfair then, although for balance I’m sceptical about any platform that doesn’t report sales - it’s almost as if they’re trying to hide a lack of them…..

Squadhelp does report sales, you need to be logged-in to see some of these sold domains inside the private member-only area.

•••
Guys, I need to give credit where credit is due...

I've been working with SH support about the issues I'm having and they actually got the engineering team to fix some of them. They are still discussing some of my other issues, but here's what they have fixed/changed so far:

1. The cursor issue when editing the domain description is now fixed.

2. We now have the ability to delete the secondary images (look for the trash can on the image).

3. We can now regenerate the retargeting images by clicking a refresh icon next to "Lifestyle Images."

Nice. 👍

Last edited:
•••
Has anyone actually sold any names on Squadhelp? I'm starting to wonder if moving my names from Afternic to Squadhelp is a good idea (or not).
There are reported sales in this very thread. I guess you have received downvotes due to the wording of your question: "Has anyone actually sold any names on Squadhelp?" Yes of course, check this thread, or the private member-only area inside Squadhelp where you can check sales. There are 180,000 premium domains for sale on Squadhelp, or course they sell a few domains here and there...

•••
I guess you have received downvotes due to the wording of your question: "Has anyone actually sold any names on Squadhelp?" Yes of course, check this thread, or the private member-only area inside Squadhelp where you can check sales. There are 180,000 premium domains for sale on Squadhelp, or course they sell a few domains here and there...
You're right. I should have worded the question differently.

•••
Guys, I sent this unregistered name: Aisociate /com for approval once it was approved I found out that's someone else registered it around the same time. I suspect that an expert reviewer took it. is this common ?
The SH Team reviews the unregistered domains, not the expert reviewers: https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/3808947-expert-domain-reviews

What about unregistered domains?

All unregistered domains will be excluded from this process. These domains will continue to be reviewed only by the SH internal team.

But if it's a good unregistered domain, then of course anyone may register it anytime.

I have 70+ SH-registered domains, I had submitted these domains as unregistered domains before, then SH approved and registered them as SH-owned domains assigned to my account. They don't "steal" your unregistered domain submissions. Probably you just got unlucky.

Last edited:
•••
"Standard Listings that may be a good fit for Premium Marketplace" detected by Squadhelp's AI.

Is this a new Squadhelp feature or is it only new to me because I didn't see it until now?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-04 150559.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-04 150559.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 71
•••
"Standard Listings that may be a good fit for Premium Marketplace" detected by Squadhelp's AI.

Is this a new Squadhelp feature or is it only new to me because I didn't see it until now?
I think it is a new feature. I also just noticed it.

•••

I think it is a new feature. I also just noticed it.
I wonder if names need to be using Squadhelp's DNS to qualify for this. Anyone have any names in their SH account that are not using their DNS but qualified for the "good fit for Premium" status?

•••
I wonder if names need to be using Squadhelp's DNS to qualify for this. Anyone have any names in their SH account that are not using their DNS but qualified for the "good fit for Premium" status?
Yes, it is only for names using their nameservers:

https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/7861270-ai-based-domain-assessment-beta

Do you automatically check this for all Standard Listings?

At this stage, we only do the AI assessment for Standard Listings pointing to SH name servers. If the Standard Listings are not pointing to SH or haven't yet been verified, they will likely be excluded from AI assessment.

Please keep in mind that this is a Beta feature, and in some cases the AI may not be accurate. We plan to continue training the models to improve the accuracy over time. As the AI models improve over time, this preliminary assessment will help increase the acceptance rates for most sellers, therefore reducing the time, effort and cost (coins) involved in submitting premium listings.

•••
Yes, it is only for names using their nameservers:

https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/7861270-ai-based-domain-assessment-beta

Do you automatically check this for all Standard Listings?

At this stage, we only do the AI assessment for Standard Listings pointing to SH name servers. If the Standard Listings are not pointing to SH or haven't yet been verified, they will likely be excluded from AI assessment.
Thanks. One would think that if SH is able to determine which names will likely qualify for Premium status that they would allow the seller to upgrade at no cost. After all, it means potentially MUCH more money for SH if the name sells. The reason for charging $1 was because if it was free, everyone would submit all their crappy names. But if SH's system determines that the name is good enough in their opinion for Premium, why should we still have to pay to submit it?

•••
I discovered another advantage to deleting the secondary images. It makes the primary image show up larger on the landing page, at least on a desktop display. Much better, in my opinion.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I hope SH would consider to allow .tv domains to be submitted as premium domains.

Thanks !

•••
I hope SH would consider to allow .tv domains to be submitted as premium domains.

Thanks !
& .cc + .us also
Hope will be next DAN

•••
•••
My first domain approved on SH as Premium :xf.love: :xf.love: :xf.love: :xf.love: :xf.love:
Phenian.png

Now i need to create/have a new folder on my PC ( LOL ) :xf.love:

Last edited:
•••
•••

New feature. Make sure to upgrade your standard listings to premium now where you see this "Potential Fit: Premium" badge, even if that standard listing was rejected as premium before.

Something has changed now in the approval process. All of my standard listings have been rejected before as premium domains, some standard listings even twice. But I had submitted them again where I see this "Potential Fit: Premium" badge, and guess what, at this time all of them were accepted as premium domains.

So in short upgrade all your standard listings now to premium where you see this "Potential Fit: Premium" badge.

•••

Great! Likewise they should launch a new, general domain name marketplace which would include all standard listings, all premium listings and all ultra-premium listings. But launch it as a new brand under a new domain. Like Dan but SH could make it better with all these innovations. This would be a killer marketplace with 7.5% commission and many features and innovations.

•••
New feature. Make sure to upgrade your standard listings to premium now where you see this "Potential Fit: Premium" badge, even if that standard listing was rejected as premium before.

Something has changed now in the approval process. All of my standard listings have been rejected before as premium domains, some standard listings even twice. But I had submitted them again where I see this "Potential Fit: Premium" badge, and guess what, at this time all of them were accepted as premium domains.

So in short upgrade all your standard listings now to premium where you see this "Potential Fit: Premium" badge.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I checked mine and found out that 9 of my standard listings are a potential fit. I was a bit surprised though because all of these names were previously rejected by SH. Some were even rejected several times (like 3-5 times). I resubmitted them all. Let's see if at least one of them will get approved or was this just a waste of coins :xf.grin:

•••
Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I checked mine and found out that 9 of my standard listings are a potential fit. I was a bit surprised though because all of these names were previously rejected by SH. Some were even rejected several times (like 3-5 times). I resubmitted them all. Let's see if at least one of them will get approved or was this just a waste of coins :xf.grin:

Keep us updated :)

SH is being in good mood. Previously rejected standard listings are getting accepted, even without that "Potential Fit: Premium" badge. I feel like the approval process has changed and now it is easier to get the domains accepted as premiums. Submit your domains now!

•••
Keep us updated :)

SH is being in good mood. Previously rejected standard listings are getting accepted, even without that "Potential Fit: Premium" badge. I feel like the approval process has changed and now it is easier to get the domains accepted as premiums. Submit your domains now!
I think that's not that easy since the approval rate is a bit down these days.
A month ago, the site average was at 10 or so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230510-123614.png
    Screenshot_20230510-123614.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 33
•••
now they have integrated AI capabilities in many aspects of listing including classification, keywords, and domain description. Squadhelp is always ahead of everyone else. Maybe world's best website. not only in the domains industry but overall. So many features yet not confusing, plus everything works perfectly fine.

•••
I think that's not that easy since the approval rate is a bit down these days.
A month ago, the site average was at 10 or so.

Many of my standard listings had been rejected even 3-4 times, but now they were approved. I think the approval process has changed now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back