NameSilo

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you have the Automatic Price Increase turned On / Off?
For me it's off. You need to keep your Afternic prices in sync manually, this automatic price changes would create unnecessary extra work.

•••
It's not that I don't have a clue but you refuse to look at the big picture, someone is having 700 premium domains with no sales in 2 years! What kind of names are in this portfolio or what is the problem do you think?! I'm not against "Invented Brandable" domains in general. I've clearly stated that "Invented Brandable" names that pass the radio test, 4L, and short are the best and provided good and bad examples of them.

I've also stated that some are building portfolios only for brandable platforms aside from their portfolio which is completely okay. Invented names are only one type of Brandable Names and they are the hardest to sell. This is why brandable marketplaces might be a better choice of course as they provide logos and retargeting ads.

So based on your points the questions here are:

- What kind of "Invented Brandable" domains sell like crazy on SH and BB? Please check the examples in my previous message.

- Do you know what is the percentage of "Invented Brandable" domains in their portfolio and if this is their main portfolio or not? Because I'm sure we've seen several successful domainers with >500 names on SH/BB while their main portfolios on Dan are more than 10 times this number.

I think it's ridiculous to explain myself more than once on the same point but I think some may misunderstood my message that I'm against a certain domain type or a marketplace, I absolutely like SH & BB and they're definitely doing a great job and currently, I have a very small percentage of my portfolio invested in "Invented Brandable" domains that are short, 1 and 2 syllables, and passes the radio test.

The bottom line is building a diversified portfolio that sells everywhere will definitely sell on brandable marketplaces. I'm not here to argue and I think I made my points clear enough, I was just trying to help and again the problem might not be with "Invented brandable" domains, it might be another type or even one of the points mentioned above like Afternic syndication not active.

I just mentioned this type of domains at first as it's not the first time to look into someone's portfolio with the same problem and most of the names are barely readable like the bad examples mentioned in my previous message and of course not like the good examples of "Invented brandable" domains that sell like crazy as you said.

In the end, we have the choice to learn the hard or the easy way and It's said that a wise person learns from his mistakes and a wiser one learns from others' mistakes.

I enjoyed this conversation and I hope it was beneficial for you @TBN and for us. Thank you!
It might be worth the poster listening to this (oldie but a goodie):

https://www.domainsherpa.com/doron-vermaat-namerockstar/

@doron talks about how keyword brandables outperform invented names

•••
•••
•••
It might be worth the poster listening to this (oldie but a goodie):

@doron talks about how keyword brandables outperform invented names
Thank you. This is useful and appreciated.

I actually have only a small number of invented brandables in my portfolio.

•••
•••
I don't have an account with squadhelp, but i visit your site often, and ended up there tonight seeing whats happening with a 7L .org following the smart money. You yes you, sipping your coffee can visit your, or anyone can visit any .org domain lander at squadhelp and click on the "hear how yourdomain.org sounds and your nice voice pro nounces it as oh are gee not org
Works good for .com but your systems voice is not saying org correctly
1809 .org domains at squadhelp if anyone cared to no
https://www.squadhelp.com/premium-domains-for-sale/all/q/.org/tld/.org
Hope this helps and link doesnt get me slapped with a ticket
I see 30 options if I keep scrolling down the page, based on your root words
hmmm have to think on that

•••
•••
Help me, please.
I own this domain.

I tried talking to chat; this only way to “verify” you are stuck in 1999! Awful.

I left the domain below. You can see it.
No other way to verify domain ownership, than this complicated convoluted B.S.? Thank you.

I have 23 SH Seller owned Premium names.
Squadhelp only shows 22, and your domain ownership verification method is the worst i’ve ever seen in my life. Please. Someone help!

IMG_8105.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
Help me, please.
I own this domain.

I tried talking to chat; this only way to “verify” you are stuck in 1999! Awful.

I left the domain below. You can see it.
No other way to verify domain ownership, than this complicated convoluted B.S.? Thank you.

I have 23 SH Seller owned Premium names.
Squadhelp only shows 22, and your domain ownership verification method is the worst i’ve ever seen in my life. Please. Someone help!

Show attachment 250684
You need to add the required TXT record.

I checked your domain and the TXT record is not there: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=txt:rollific.com&run=toolpage

On this linked page you should see the correct TXT record.

You need to create a TXT record on your nameservers. Consult the help articles of your nameserver provider on how to add a new TXT record.

Last edited:
•••
You need to add the required TXT record.

I checked your domain and the TXT record is not there: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=txt:rollific.com&run=toolpage

On this linked page you should see the correct TXT record.

You need to create a TXT record on your nameservers. Consult the help articles of your nameserver provider on how to add a new TXT record.
You sound just like SquadHelp.
You work for them?

Sorry, i couldnt help myself. I know you dont.

Please empathize. I protected SH identity out of courtesy: They are good people just doing their jobs! i stand by what i said: “Stuck in time.”

IMG_8125.jpeg

IMG_8126.jpeg

Long story, short; i did elaborate; it’s the only way : (

Last edited:
•••
Hi, friend, , you need to write to the blue button that you cannot and do not know how to add TXT entries to DNS. Since you were identified at SH, try to send them a screenshot from the registrar that the domain belongs to you, that is, a screenshot with your name and address. Maybe this will help.

•••
You sound just like SquadHelp.
You work for them?

Sorry, i couldnt help myself. I know you dont.

Please empathize. I protected SH identity out of courtesy: They are good people just doing their jobs! i stand by what i said: “Stuck in time.”

Show attachment 250690

Show attachment 250691

Long story, short; i did elaborate; it’s the only way : (

You cannot simply add a new TXT record using the Dyandot nameservers. The last time I checked there is a trick: you need to add domain forwarding as well. So also add a forward option, forward the domain to www.rollific.com. It is strange, but without the forwarding your TXT records won't work: https://www.namepros.com/threads/how-to-add-txt-record-on-dynadot.1062315/#post-7576164

Long story short, it is a complicated process. Or try to use a better nameserver provider, for example don't you have website hosting somewhere like Bluehost or Hostgator? Then you could use the Cpanel interface to add the TXT record.

The TXT record is not there, the error is on your side. You did not enter the TXT records properly.

Last edited:
•••
Moving out my all names from SH
Have been with SH for almost 2 years... Had more than 130 premium names.. Sold only one name that was through afternic and I ended up paying some of my commission to SH...

Not really happy with the way SH is moving ahead...

They are now putting quantity over quality.... Many gullible domainers end up listing hundreds of so called premium names . ....

They know that the law of average applies to brandable domains as well so more the inventory better the $$ volume....

They even removed the SH registered names, why? They have to pay for renewals.... Update: They still do provide option to register premium name via SH

Now they lure domainers via their different tools... What domainers don't reliaze is SH is playing the numbers game... They are not bearing the renewals domainers are... So at the end Many domainers are not happy with not having any sale for so long time myself included and the reason is what I have mentioned above...

SH is doing good as a company, doing good for themselves... For domainers - not so much.

In an nutshell I have this to tell..... SH is playing the numbers game now just like huge domains but the difference is domainers are paying $ for renewals for SH premium names... Whereas SH is charging huge commission for any sale via it's platform....

All the marketing bullshit that they share are absolutely useless if majority of the domainers are going on without a sale....

I don't see a good future for SH....

All the best!
Goodbye 👋

Last edited:
•••
Hi @VJB .
I just wanted to ask that when we list domain on SH it auto listed to SEDO and we can manually list to Afternic. So by using SH, our domain lists on SH,SEDO,AFTERNIC and we can list it on SAV and dynadot too. So only left is Dan,BB. So my question is by removing domain from SH what will be your strategy for listing domain that would help domain sales.
Thanks

•••
Hi @VJB .
I just wanted to ask that when we list domain on SH it auto listed to SEDO and we can manually list to Afternic. So by using SH, our domain lists on SH,SEDO,AFTERNIC and we can list it on SAV and dynadot too. So only left is Dan,BB. So my question is by removing domain from SH what will be your strategy for listing domain that would help domain sales.
Thanks

Don't know what my strategy would be...
But I have let go of many names which I thought were not good / subpar... Will list at DAN/SEDO/AFTERNIC and see how it performs .... Recently BrandAim got multiple sales after shifting from SH but I know that result varies person to person depending on so many factors like portfolio size / quality of names...

Moving away from SH is a personal decision based on various things I explained above..... Gave 2 years of time before taking this decision ...

Strategies you make when you have plan for outbounds etc.... I am not planning for outbound and will be passively waiting to see how other landers work....

Last edited:
•••
That's interesting and very telling of the current market.

They even removed the SH registered names, why? They have to pay for renewals....

•••
That's interesting and very telling of the current market.
What I meant was they removed an option to submit names which if gets selected we can chose to let SH register the name ... But that option is not there anymore...

•••
What I meant was they removed an option to submit names which if gets selected we can chose to let SH register the name ... But that option is not there anymore...
That option is still there. I'm using it daily. Maybe you're not finding it? You have to go to your dashboard, then to your premium domain names page, then click the purple button that says "+Add Domain names" (see attached), choose to add unregistered Domains (premium) and then choose "I prefer SH to register it". The other "Add Domain names" button that is at the top of the dashboard has different options. They are two different buttons even though they are named the same.

Attachments

• Add.JPG
    Add.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 27
•••
That option is still there. I'm using it daily. Maybe you're not finding it? You have to go to your dashboard, then to your premium domain names page, then click the purple button that says "+Add Domain names" (see attached), choose to add unregistered Domains (premium) and then choose "I prefer SH to register it". The other "Add Domain names" button that is at the top of the dashboard has different options. They are two different buttons even though they are named the same.

Got it, it is still available, my bad:
FireShot Capture 361 - Submit Domains in Bulk - www.squadhelp.com.jpg

Attachments

• FireShot Capture 360 - Squadhelp Dashboard - www.squadhelp.com.jpg
    FireShot Capture 360 - Squadhelp Dashboard - www.squadhelp.com.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
•••
•••
Why use this option?

It costs 10 points.

Currently I have 89 031 points. What else would I do with it? I don't have to register those domain names, I don't have to pay for any renewals, it costs me literally $0. Each year several of those names sell and I get roughly $300 - $800 for each sale. For me not using this option would be leaving money on the table.

•••
•••
Still no sales for me on Squadhelp with over 750 names. I have been in touch with them. They responded politely to my enquiries, but weren't able to give me any indication of an estimated or average sort of sales rate that might now be typical with them. I understand why, of course, as there are a lot of variables with names and portfolio. They weren't able to suggest anything much further to help with sales except keeping up to date with reading articles and the published advice on the site. Even at 1% sales I would cover my costs, though I am now into the multiple thousands down in losses to catch up on. But no sign of any sales or enquiries. I hope others are doing better on there and have regular sales coming through. Best wishes for the new year.

Last edited:
•••
Currently I have 89 031 points. What else would I do with it? I don't have to register those domain names, I don't have to pay for any renewals, it costs me literally $0. Each year several of those names sell and I get roughly $300 - $800 for each sale. For me not using this option would be leaving money on the table.
Thanks, that is really interesting. I have names they own for the same reasons. The less I was selling, the more I thought it a good idea to try and get some income this way. Though with almost no sales of these either over the years I started to question if I was doing this work for free or what was going on. Good to know others are still managing to get regular sales this way. Thank you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back