Dynadot

Best tools or software to manage domain portfolio?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnFolk

Top Member
Impact
I wanted to ask do you use any websites, tools or software for all your domains in different registrars, if yes then which ones? which are best tools, websites or software for domain portfolio management in both the respective categories, paid and free(if any)?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
your own webpage
excel
notepad
or
just write them on lined paper

imo...

•••
I use http://whic.ru/en/ as manager desktop soft. In the groups you can to set a registrar of the domain or an owner. And I am monitor expired datas etc. In the paid version you can register directly from the software

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Efty.com is really great for this

•••
I use only MS. Excel to manage, due to it's not so much so I can follow all via excel

•••
Definitely Efty.com. Highly recommended.

•••
•••
I'm using a variety of packages to set up mini-sites, and a couple more to move trffic between them, including a closed forum. I'm considering using classified ad software to set up some categorised lists. I tried using some shopping carts, but there is too much unsuitable stuff in there. If you are setting up mini-sites, make sure you can install Google analytics on them.

•••
Kuffy, does it help you sell the domains? Interested to find out your opinion and about those mini-site packages.

Because I think some of the names that I own would bring higher ROI if they would be developed.

•••
The last name I sold wasn't even hosted. :)

The reason I'm having a go at monetising the names is that I want to hang on to them - well the .coms anyway. I'm not sure what to do with the money from a sale, as I don't trust the banks at the moment. I think investing in decent .com domain names is a good hedge against inflation.

I think there are 4 reasons people buy names

- for investment
- for traffic
- to develop a site
- for personal vanity.

Developing a site could help build traffic, but you'd have to work at it, or it could give investers ideas.

•••
uniregistry site lets u import all domains from all regisrtars.. sort by name, expiries, dns, registrar... export domains.. create categories too.
its fast and free.

aside from a home excel list (where I do not keep track or update creation/expiry dates), that's a good enough tool for me. far as automatically updating expiry dates etc.

cheers

•••
Simplified for NPs. End-users can buy domains for many reasons. :)

I think there are 4 reasons people buy names

- for investment
- for traffic
- to develop a site
- for personal vanity.

Last edited:
•••
I should have said "main reasons" I did have one guy contact me becvause he wanted to give a domain name to a prospective girl friend - he offered $25 for a passable two word .com. :)

I didn't sell it, and I didn't find out if he got her into bed.

•••
I've used the WeBid software package to set up an auction site. The main idea was to use one of my names to start an auction site for car breakers, but I've put some other stuff in some other categories. I've included one for domain names. I'm wondering if it is worth doing this just to list some of my names. It would give me a chance to list names for sale, and solicit offers. It would also be interesting to see which names attracted the most interest.

•••
I sent you a pm but yeah I currently use Wamfolio, awesome product and they have a demo for you try as well wamfolio

•••
I use a notepad.

The name, where it's purchased from, expiration date, where it is listed for sale, renewal price, How much I would like to get for it.

•••
Excel spreadsheet has all you need including sorting, filtering etc.

•••
Excel file saved in an old 97 format can be shared easily, and work with all software(windows/Mac)
+ i use notepad a lot for fast edit
can't beat that

•••
I've gone off WeBid, and I've switched to u-auctions. I'm going to use that to list all names in an auction format. I'm putting a BIN price of £50,000 on all names apart from the ones that I don't plan to keep as investments. Unfortunately the names aren't worth that much, but if someone is interested, then no doubt they will make an offer. I'm using a number of CMS to build sites, and the ones I like atm are Drupal, WordPress, PiWigo, YouRLS, SMF, SEO toaster and a few others. It doesn't take long to set up a basic site, and you can add content as you feel like it. I'm starting to look at Google custom search to see if tht helps to move surfers around.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back