IT.COM

Beware of eDomains.com on transfer & / other things

NameSilo
Watch

remax

Impact
Edomains.com unilaterally refunded and took away the domain name after the transfer was successful.

On February 19, 2024, I transferred a .mom domain name to Edomains with a transfer fee of US$1.99 and extended the validity for one year. After that, everything was normal. When I transferred in, I submitted a ticket to customer service due to payment issues. The customer service was fully capable of knowing that the fee was US$1.99.

Because Edomains has ICANN certification and I have already transferred a domain name normally, I thought it was a regular website, so I transferred another .mom domain name to Edomains again on March 20, 2024.

Similarly, after I paid the transfer fee of US$1.99 and confirmed the transfer out with the original registrar, Edomains showed my domain name in the background. At the same time, I checked whois and found that the domain name registrar had changed and the validity period had been extended for one year.

Then, a few hours later, I received a refund email from paypal, and my newly transferred domain name in Edomains also disappeared.

I contacted the Edomains customer service representative who informed me that the transfer price of $1.99 was incorrectly set and they would lose money. If I want to restore my domain, I need to pay Edomains a transfer fee of $26.49.

Edomains even accused me of maliciously taking advantage of their mistake. Don’t we all want to transfer our domain names to a cheaper registrar? Moreover, every registrar will have some domain names with special offers. As an ordinary consumer, how can I know whether Edomains set the price incorrectly or it is an event special offer?

I don’t know if Edomains has the spirit of the contract. I am still negotiating with Edomains. At present, I have lost control of my domain name. I have proposed to Edomains to restore control and transfer it back to the original registrar. If Edomains does not handle it properly, I will complain to ICANN.

Everyone should carefully consider registering, renewing and transferring in Edomains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back