Domain Empire

.Blog landrush starts today

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
For people who want to ensure that they secure their .Blog domain name, the .Blog landrush period started today, and it runs for one week. .Blog general availability begins on November 21.

Source

With the amount of reach that Wordpress has, it would be great to how .Blog performs in the first one week.
It would also increase the awareness about new gtlds.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If a user book a domain in landrush period, when user can see that domain in his/her panel?
In case of .blog general availability is 22-Nov-2016

•••
just landrush , not general availability

•••
I wonder if this will help .coms with "blog" in the name.

•••
If they give low price for premium wordpress.com users they might sell a few.
The rest will be hoarded by domainers.

Looked at namebio - domains sold at Sedo (usually it means end users) endind with blog:

addictionblog.com - 749 USD
addiction.blog - $2,799

cookingblog.com - 2,000 USD
cooking.blog - $13,999

masterblog.com - 4,750 USD
master.blog - $139,999

Yeah, good luck with that :rolleyes:

•••
Yeah, the prices are crazy.

•••
Can anyone help me understand if it's worth paying the $220 to get.blog for a higher chance of securing a .blog domain...
I've already submitted a "pre-order" request for a .blog domain that I want through iwantmyname.com - so is it worth paying the $220 "early application fee" and pre-ordering through the Wordpress/Automattic site get.blog for a better chance of getting that domain? Or am I already further ahead in line by pre-ordering through iwantmyname.com and it would be a waste to also pre-order on get.blog? Thanks

•••
i preordered a few gems at name, crossing the fingers until the 21Nov

@papaben with 220$, i would prefer to preoder 7 good ones, you will probably end up with a few of them

here is some info from the horse mouth:
https://wpism.com/register-blog-domain-names-wordpress-com/

@bluebox all the .blog you listed don't resolve right now
i think the only .blog already active is from the Wordpress HQ Dave.blog

i see a good opportunity for fast flip here

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back