Dynadot

Bodis was "Down" for a period of time today

Spaceship
Watch

kkworld

Account Closed
Impact
Main website including all parked websites are showing following message.

Service Unavailable

KK

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yes it is showing "Service Unavailable" to me...
Can anyone with Matt's phone number inform him about it?

•••
Bodis is Dead...(And by that I mean that Bodis was "Down" for a period of time today)

As of 1:34pm EST Boids.com is giving a service unavailable error and so are all sites hosted by them. Not somthing you like to see when you have a large number of domains there.

•••
I noticed the server unavailable message too. It could be a temporary server problem.

•••
Yes! I guess its a temporary issue. They wont close down an all so soon. dont worry!

•••
Yeah a pretty scary thread title...lol.

•••
lol didn't think about the title.. I am sure its only a temporary problem but when your in business downtime cost you money. Right now 90% of the forum members are losing clicks and revenue from their portfolios.

It just something that should be addressed..

•••
same here - 30 minutes from first post, i don't have his ph number & i live outside the us & i only have a mobile ph

back up now (11.20 am pst)

Last edited:
•••
still showing "service unavailable"

•••
reading that title was kinda scary...I've fallen in love with Bodis

•••
If I am NP staff member I will close this thread.
This is outrageous and discouraging.

•••
We are sorry for the temporary down time.

The servers are up and running now. We are expanding into multiple servers and may see more down-time in the future, but hopefully not.

Any revenue lost within any down-time timeframes will be calculated and credited accordingly the next day. :)

•••
penpal said:
Concur.

•••
TheDudeAboveMe said:

What? Sheesh.

See Matt's post in the main thread. Bodis isn't "dead", it was "down". I believe that all is fixed and working.

While disconcerting, it seems to have been short-lived (An hour or so).

•••
cfguru360 said:
We are sorry for the temporary down time.

The servers are up and running now. We are expanding into multiple servers and may see more down-time in the future, but hopefully not.

Any revenue lost within any down-time timeframes will be calculated and credited accordingly the next day. :)
Very Cool, now thats commitment to service. :)

Cy

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
What? Sheesh.

See Matt's post in the main thread. Bodis isn't "dead", it was "down". I believe that all is fixed and working.

While disconcerting, it seems to have been short-lived (An hour or so).

I got the impression that "Penpal" was referring to the potentially damaging title of the thread, not to Bodis' service.

Anyways, good to see it's back up and that Matt will be crediting lost revenue. Excellent service.

•••
How are they going to determine lost revenue when the pages weren't resolving?

•••
•••
BigE said:

probably from the previous day's activity...

I haven't tested bodis fully yet but I did give it a short 2 1/2 day test and I gotta say some domains that haven't performed too well at my other parking accounts seemed to do pretty good at bodis so I may have to spend some time and customize a few as I used the generic white page landers for my short test.

•••
•••
Down again...and now back. Whatever the issue, they're on top of it.

Last edited:
•••
BigE said:

I should imagine it will be calculated from an average of the past x amount of days. It is the only proper way to do it. There is no way to know whether someone was going to click a link or not.

Just a side not the server has been down 3 times today but I think 2 of them were just a matter of minutes. The bodis service does seem like a good service and it is a good gesture to calculate and reimburse lost revenue. Not many other providers would do such a thing.

•••
It is down intermittently. Just a while ago it was down for a few minutes but it is up again. By the way does that mean Bodis has to pay money out of its own pocket because they have already given us 100% revenue share.

•••
DomainProfits said:
It is down intermittently. Just a while ago it was down for a few minutes but it is up again. By the way does that mean Bodis has to pay money out of its own pocket because they have already given us 100% revenue share.
That would be the case.. pretty decent if you ask me.

Cy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back