IT.COM

Bodis was "Down" for a period of time today

Spaceship
Watch

kkworld

Account Closed
Impact
Main website including all parked websites are showing following message.

Service Unavailable

KK

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am trying to keep all users satisfied, even if there is some small downtime. So yes, we will do that - and yes it is from my own pocket. Although, the revenue shouldn't be too significant.

We have already put more into advertising. It will be definetely be a win-win situation for us all in the future, especially for my business.

Hopefully there is no more downtime from now on. But I must say, some of you must be refreshing your domain page every 30 milliseconds since you are catching exactly every single downtime possible. :)

•••
cfguru360 said:
Hopefully there is no more downtime from now on. But I must say, some of you must be refreshing your domain page every 30 milliseconds since you are catching exactly every single downtime possible. :)

I forgot I had 1 of the domains on the server using a uptime monitor. I was using it to ensure my own server was online but forgot when I changed this particular domain to parking.

•••
penpal said:
If I am NP staff member I will close this thread.
This is outrageous and discouraging.

Well it's obvious things are not working (yet) like they are supposed to.
I actually tried parking a domain at bodis and I could not even change the nameservers to the Bodis nameservers.:|

•••
My intention in posting what I posted is that Bodis is a new service with a noble initiative.
It is pretty obvious that many of us talk a lot :)

But Matt has implemented what many domainer's dream of! That is something truly laudable.

We all should learn to appreciate what he is doing with Bodis.

Every business in this world runs for profit, running business also with a cause to benefit the whole community is being Noble.

When it comes to me I have read so much about Bodis, but never took it seriously honestly. But when -RJ- sent a PM about Bodi's I jumped on the bandwagon and I am happy about it.

Also guys cool down a bit, after all we are getting 100% share, what more you all want? Can't you guy bare with little downtime, which occurred for our own good? that is they are upgrading or updating something.

Look at Matt's posts he promised to compensate for whatever downtime that occurred.
Please learn to appreciate the efforts being made.

Finally I am not an advocate, I am not here to endorse anyone for free or for money. Look at my posting history here I am almost dormant! I just Blah'd what I felt is fair.

I wish you all goodluck!!

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Very Cool, now thats commitment to service. :)

Cy

Agreed :tu:

Matt does a great job running Bodis and I'm guessing this extra crediting is coming out of their own pockets. Keep up the good work Matt :)

•••
Since we all agree that downtimes happen with web services
and that bodis is the best there is...

Is it even fair to ask for a 'adjustment' of clicks, specially since there might have been no clicks? I mean it is a beta, if matt starts reimbursing all of us for all technical issues, this might just become illogical for him.

For those of you who think they 'deserve' an adjustment in revenue for the downtime from matt's pocket, take off your domains and come back after the beta is done.

For once I've seen a domainer really take pains for all of us and this is how some of us respond, thankless job if you ask me.

Let Bodis be, OPs title was misleading to say the least.

And just to clarify, I have no 'private' deal with Bodis, am just a very satisfied customer who was being taken for a ride by other services till this came along.

Last edited:
•••
I just parked my first domain at bodis. ownt.com, generates around 600 uniques a day. Traffic targeted at gaming. Just very curious for the results.

•••
•••
cfguru360 said:
I am trying to keep all users satisfied, even if there is some small downtime.

Most of my site visitors are saying all they see is a white page displaying Service Unavailable I hope those visitors won't be lost because of this problem.

Hoping to see it functioning to normal mode again. :)

Hopefully there is no more downtime from now on.

I don't want anything except make my traffic/visitors happy. :)

mwzd said:
For those of you who think they 'deserve' an adjustment in revenue for the downtime from matt's pocket, take off your domains and come back after the beta is done.

Did you use automatic or the custom page? Getting 600 uniques the 1st day is mind blowing. Carry on the good work. :)
meek said:
I just parked my first domain at bodis. ownt.com, generates around 600 uniques a day.

•••
Thanks Charley. I just switched to a customised page. I am bothered a bit with the keyword. I used ' games online' but I chanced it to xbox which give better links IMO.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Still down again for me - anyone have any updates ??

•••
Bodis is off the air again

Bodis is off the air again. Has anyone got Matt's phone number and can they give him a ring and let him know. I've PM'ed him but I doubt if that will do any good. A phone call's what's needed.

•••
mwzd said:

exactly

•••
Knowing Matt's commitment I'm sure he, not only is aware, but is busy correcting the situation. No need for a phone call.

rodash: This topic has been active in a couple other threads.

ST

•••
Down for me in the UK...

•••
it is working for me....

•••
•••
gooster said:
Down for me in the UK...

It is back up now the site was down for 25 minutes.

•••
gooster said:
Working now...

How would the clicks count then, suppose I got a click now and within 10 seconds went downtime, wouldn't those be lost ?

domainsdepot said:
it is working for me....

•••
Yah, a few moments of downtime - nothing to be too alarmed with.

•••
cfguru360 said:
We are sorry for the temporary down time.

The servers are up and running now. We are expanding into multiple servers and may see more down-time in the future, but hopefully not.

Any revenue lost within any down-time timeframes will be calculated and credited accordingly the next day. :)

I love Bodis so far. :)

Keep up the good work!

Jeff
domaincollector

•••
Matt's working on it.

It's moments like this that we should
be happy to live with, in exchange for
100% revenue.

NOW, if the site was down for an entire day or 2,
then we'd be losing significant money...

He'll take care of it, and I imagine it will rock and roll
better than ever.

Try to be patient, a few minutes of downtime
won't ruin your results, and with the 100% share
you're still way ahead.

•••
WE all knew this was Beta from the start and there would be some issues. if you can't take the issues that come with it then you shouldnt have your names here until Bodis 2.0 is here . Thats the point of the 100% revenue share as we are all Beta testers and while I dont get alot of clicks yet and can use every dime I dont want anything out of Matts pockets. thats not right. If you cant stand some down time your names dont belong here until it is out of Beta and is ready for prime time. It was made clear in the other thread that there will be issues and probally more in the days ahead.

•••
Charley said:
I don't want anything except make my traffic/visitors happy. :)

Chances are that with a parked page the chances of your traffic being 'happy' is nil to negligible.

Its been fluctuating off and on but downtimes are a way of life, even with 99.9% SLA we, as a hosting company, also include downtimes for maintenance in our contracts.

My revenue for the day with tons of downtime was on par with any other.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back