BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
May be they are Google Banned .
as Bodis Redirects Google Banned domains to Direct Advertisement.
Question is, how do you check? I recently acquired a domain that showed as not banned by Google in all of the online checkers I tried but redirects at Bodis like the example above and shows as faillisted at the other parking company.

>:(

•••
Question is, how do you check? I recently acquired a domain that showed as not banned by Google in all of the online checkers I tried but redirects at Bodis like the example above and shows as faillisted at the other parking company.

>:(

https://api.bodis.com/domainclassification?domain=somedomain.com

u can see <bodisadvertisements>primary</bodisadvertisements> not banned

but replace somedomain.com with google.co.in u can see

<bodisadvertisements>secondary</bodisadvertisements> banned

•••
Last edited:
•••
Thanks. I tried both of those in FF and IE but got this error code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <response>
- <metadata>
<iserror>true</iserror>
<errorcode>ModuleInvalid</errorcode>
- <errormessage>
- <![CDATA[ Requested API module is incorrect. Please check the spelling of the URL and try again.
]]>
</errormessage>
</metadata>
<results />
</response>

•••
Thanks. I tried both of those in FF and IE but got this error code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <response>
- <metadata>
<iserror>true</iserror>
<errorcode>ModuleInvalid</errorcode>
- <errormessage>
- <![CDATA[ Requested API module is incorrect. Please check the spelling of the URL and try again.
]]>
</errormessage>
</metadata>
<results />
</response>

Make sure you entered the entire URL correctly, maybe Namepros shrunk the URL. Don't copy paste the URL. Instead just click on it from Namepros.com.

•••
Make sure you entered the entire URL correctly, maybe Namepros shrunk the URL. Don't copy paste the URL. Instead just click on it from Namepros.com.
Thanks Matt. I clicked on it first time and then substituted the URL and it didn't work. Then I copied and pasted and I guess it shrunk the URL as you pointed out. Just tried it again by clicking the URL and it's showing as secondary as I suspected.

Is there anything that can be done or am I better off just grace deleting the domain?

•••
Thanks Matt. I clicked on it first time and then substituted the URL and it didn't work. Then I copied and pasted and I guess it shrunk the URL as you pointed out. Just tried it again by clicking the URL and it's showing as secondary as I suspected.

Is there anything that can be done or am I better off just grace deleting the domain?

I never had a ban reversed from ban status in the lifetime of Bodis. I can PM you more details but once it's banned by our upstream provider, then it's banned by them for the distant future.

We still monetize it quite well with our "ZeroClick" secondary providers. But it's not going to be the same obviously. :)

•••
Wow. That is news. Never in the lifetime of Bodis has a domain been unbanned, to your knowledge, Matt.

Is there any way to do this checking in bulk on say 4000 domains?

@WORDSWORTH - I think I'd grace delete it as my first option. Unless it's making any money on Bodis's secondary feed.

•••
@WORDSWORTH - I think I'd grace delete it as my first option. Unless it's making any money on Bodis's secondary feed.
The annoying thing is I really like the domain (and it is a good one). I'm not that concerned about the traffic as I purchased it with a view to develop when the right time comes and only planned to park it until then. But if it's banned, it's completely useless right?

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

I never had a ban reversed from ban status in the lifetime of Bodis. I can PM you more details but once it's banned by our upstream provider, then it's banned by them for the distant future.

We still monetize it quite well with our "ZeroClick" secondary providers. But it's not going to be the same obviously. :)
Yes, please PM more details.

Last edited:
•••
WORDSWORTH said:
The annoying thing is I really like the domain (and it is a good one). I'm not that concerned about the traffic as I purchased it with a view to develop when the right time comes and only planned to park it until then. But if it's banned, it's completely useless right?

Well next to worthless. I doubt it's making any money on the secondary feed. I'd grace delete it.

•••

if you like the domain you can develop and submit to reconsider in google tools. my one domain banned in google search and later i applied for reconsideration. but it took almost 2 years to get it indexed and show adsense :D

•••

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Yes, please PM more details.

As Chandan mentioned if you develop the domain you can submit for reconsideration, especially seeing as ownership has changed. I've done it successfully with a >10 page minisite.

As for parking, try moving the domain to a parking company like DomainApps that uses a Yahoo feed.

EDIT** Adding a note that being banned from the google ad feed doesn't necessarily mean that the domain is banned from the search results

Last edited:
•••
Is Bodis down for everyone or just me?

•••
i think is down for a short moment , i am sure Matt is working on it now .

•••
i just checked and bodis.com is still down for me - what is going on here ?

•••
I am unable to access the bodis.com to the at this time

•••
down for me also. not just the interface but all my domains are showing nothing there as well.

•••
•••
I have a program that can check this in bulk. I'll do it for free. However, I want to do it at least 1k at a time to save my time.

By the way, can you guys access bodis.com now?

•••
Once again Bodis is down and once again there is zero communication to customers about it.

Moved my domains away.

•••
My Bodis domains are resolving now, albeit a little slow. I'm sure they're on top of it.

•••
Once again Bodis is down and once again there is zero communication to customers about it.

Moved my domains away.

i think is common for site to have minor problem , moving away is not going to make thing better , the more importance thing you should focus on is the pay out and if you are earning well from it ,

since domain parking is a slow game, seriously i don;t see a few cent different if you looking at the long term and if it down for a few hour . .

i still have faith with Bodis and will be adding more domain to it .

Matt had be very supportive also .

•••
i think is common for site to have minor problem , moving away is not going to make thing better , the more importance thing you should focus on is the pay out and if you are earning well from it ,

since domain parking is a slow game, seriously i don;t see a few cent different if you looking at the long term and if it down for a few hour . .

i still have faith with Bodis and will be adding more domain to it .

Matt had be very supportive also .

I agree with you

•••
yeah bodis is back up and im seeing clicks already again. I wouldn't worry about a little down time. Not like its gonna kill yah. Besides just look at it this way at any regular job you have down time as well.

•••
Edit: problem solved

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back