IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let's get back to helping each other!

So, I've just recently handregged:
u n a t e g o .com
s c a l e s i a .com
a d a p t a v i e .com

They have all been websites at some time in the past. They all have websites by a different owner built on a lesser extension, in this case, the .org (the target domainer in me will never die!).

I threw them all up on Sedo a couple of days ago at $749 so I can analyse the traffic (please don't visit and ruin my stats).

All of them are receiving a few visits a day. u n a t e g o is the only one that the 'buy now' page has been looked at (once).

As a target domainer I would have more than one target than just the .org to contact. I'm very much a novice when it comes to brandables and whilst I like the made up names and feel there is a growing market for brandables, obviously I feel I can sway more sales by using my target domainer skills. I honestly believe that BBs landing page and website is kick-ass and likely to convert a lot better than a Sedo landing page.

I'm about to submit these to BB. I'll let you know if they get accepted. Don't hold your breath, my acceptance rate is terrible (about 20%).

Please share more of this "target domainer" strategy!

I wouldn't handreg any of those. I feel they would be outmatched too easily.

U n a t e g o; sounds somewhat brandable, but does not evoke anything in me. The alternatives are too many.

S c a l e s i a; pronunciation? I feel that other constructions would work better. Scalesy? Scalia? Scalist? Something to keep the syllables down and still maintain meaning.

A d a p t a v i e; pronunciation? "Avie" IMO takes the construction too far from the rootword "adapt". I would consider adapti, adaptis, adaptus, adapto, adaptro, adaptia, adaptier, adaptsy, adaptly, adaptron, etcetera before "a d a p t a v i e".

Last edited:
•••
Please share more of this "target domainer" strategy!
The same strategy that many domainers have I presume. A lot of the 'how to make money with domains' guides have this strategy.

Find a domain where:
A lesser extension is a website
A lesser name is a website (eg: U n a t e g o Online.com)
There are paid ads for the name

It works for me. I sell one in 16 handregs at $1K+. This isn't really for the BB thread, probably more for the standard domaining section.

Can I ask you to put spaces in my domains please? I don't really want this to be searchable by .org owners. Thanks.

BTW, a d a p t a v i e is French for 'adapted life', s c a l e s i a is Italian for 'both scales' (as in balanced)

Last edited:
•••
When did brand bucket start accepting exact match keyword domains? I see babysit.me on their homepage. Can't get more exact match than that. Only one type of business can use that.
I'm looking at that myself....
Here's my take on that, NO legitimate business would use that !
That would surely equate to a child,...... Asking a person old enough to babysit them............To babysit them!
If this is on brand bucket this really makes me wonder, as a child asking to be babysat would hardly be able to pay for the service let alone it ever being a business or brand name. Also as a parent would you be posting your children's pictures on any site like that? It's ludicrous.

•••
I don´t know if it helps anyone but anyways,

Recently i had the following accepted on BB:

s o b e d o
b i d i x o
p a n d a x a
b r a n d i o s a
s e b e x o
s o n n a s
f u n d a l y
e c o t i v a
l o g a s y
f o r m i v o
c e l l a t o
m o b o v i
a p p a x o
t r a v e l e d o

I will go ahead and publish 6 of those on BB the rest will be keepers on my own marketplace for different reasons.

Some examples on recent rejects (Some i understand, some i don´t):

v a l l a z
v i r t a l y
c l i q d a i l y
c l i q o r
c o r i t e r
c u b i v e
l e n d a x
e c o s i v e
d o f a c t s
a d f a c u l t y
p r i o e x p r e s s

•••
I've basically abandoned this thread because of what I perceive as a harsh, critical tone and general aggression towards Michael, Margot and the Brand Bucket marketplace over the past 2-3 months. I just don't find that productive. I also understand that unlike me, many others find the content of this thread to be engaging and useful. One man's ceiling is another man's floor, as they say. :lookaround: To solve my dilemma I'm going to start a new thread with a more narrow focus..... Say something like: How to Get The Most Out of the Brand Bucket Marketplace. If you'd be interested in such a thread please 'like' this comment and I'll include you in a private conversation where we can decide together on a title for the new thread. Maybe the new thread will flop. Who knows, but its worth a try I think. Thanks everyone for your well intentioned contributions. Best,
Please try to keep all brandbucket feedback in one thread (this one). Note: No matter what thread there is, censorship of honest feedback won't be tolerated. If someone has a bad or good experience, they are more than welcome to express it in any review thread. That's the whole point of a review, honest feedback (Good or bad).

Thanks for understanding.

•••
I don´t know if it helps anyone but anyways,

Recently i had the following accepted on BB:

s o b e d o
b i d i x o
p a n d a x a
b r a n d i o s a
s e b e x o
s o n n a s
f u n d a l y
e c o t i v a
l o g a s y
f o r m i v o
c e l l a t o
m o b o v i
a p p a x o
t r a v e l e d o

I will go ahead and publish 6 of those on BB the rest will be keepers on my own marketplace for different reasons.

Some examples on recent rejects (Some i understand, some i don´t):

v a l l a z
v i r t a l y
c l i q d a i l y
c l i q o r
c o r i t e r
c u b i v e
l e n d a x
e c o s i v e
d o f a c t s
a d f a c u l t y
p r i o e x p r e s s

Congratulations on finding some good names.

I can you tell you my thoughts are on some of the rejects if it helps.

vallaz - not too great or memorable
virtaly - vertaly is bettter but I'm still not sure if it is a good brand name
cliqdaily - clickdaily is better but still not super great
cliqor - almost looks like liquor which isn't too great of a connotation
coriter - kind of interesting hard to see what industry it is targeting
cubive - see above
lendax - has a decent keyword in front, but the ax is negative
ecosive -
dofacts - not really a common phrase and words don't make too much sense together
adfaculty - see above
prioexpress - see above

I'm not a super expert like Michael or Margot but those are my personal thoughts and I hope it helps.

Some of the names that were accepted were really good. So keep plugging.

Andrew

•••
I'd be happy to provide any feedback on anyone's rejected names. As I said earlier i'm not a super expert but i'll give my best effort to help.

•••
ForeFocus
SwiftFloat
any thoughts?

•••
ForeFocus - I like the focus keyword but I think it might need another keyword to go with it, it is hard to see what industry it appeals to
SwiftFloat - this might have industry issues as well, i'm thinking of an inner tube floating down a river which is nice but I don't know what kind of business would use it

•••
What's the estimated maximum time to get logo's and prices up for ones domains at Brandbucket?

•••
I don't know exactly.

After Michael became Managing Director, the domain review time was dropped to right around 1 week I believe.

The logo designers are now a little bit overwhelmed with work, but they are currently working to clear that bottleneck.

I think it's probably right around a month, but that time should be dropping significantly very soon.

Last edited:
•••
What's the estimated maximum time to get logo's and prices up for ones domains at Brandbucket?

Great names get snapped up faster since the review process changed a while back. A couple of days from submission to published in rare instances.

The bulk of my names though now take about 7 weeks from submission to published. The bottleneck has shifted from review to logo design. There is also a virtual tsunami of submissions right now, it seems.

•••
Thanks Andrew i really appreciate your thoughts,

However they actually confuse me a bit on some of the names, I know of course it is not you that select the the names on BB, although, let´s take l e n d a x as you say is descent but the -ax ending is negative, what do you think it is about the following (published) names that distinguish them to be good despite their endings? :
p y r a m i d a x
b u i l d a x
h y p e r a x
l e x a x
I could probably go on with several more published 'ax' -endings.....not to mention ax- beginnings.

I will not argue for all of my rejects, but i am honest when i say that i personally think that at least 20 of my prior rejects are ' more sellable' than some of the names on BB first page right now (and they are staff picks...).

You see, for me this creates a great deal of uncertainty as i have a hard time to see a common standard in the approval process.

Again, i am fully aware of BB is entitled to accept or reject whatever they like, and i agree with that.
But for me it takes to much effort and involves to much uncertainty and time, and i realize i will never be able to learn what is accepted one day and not the other.

I will continue to build and try my own Brandable wings in other ways, and who knows one day there may be a thread here called 'KickstartNames Experience'. B-)

Again, thanks for your feed-back Andrew.

•••
p y r a m i d a x - ok connotation is neutral here i'd say, (unless you take the name as removing pyramids)
b u i l d a x - Here ax has a positive connotation as in you are building something with an ax
h y p e r a x - nuetral connotation?
l e x a x - 5 letters and because it's made up ax doesn't really have a connotation

Now the thing with lendax at least in my opinion it sounds like someone is going to remove the loan and that's where I see the negative connotation.

•••
Please try to keep all brandbucket feedback in one thread (this one). Note: No matter what thread there is, censorship of honest feedback won't be tolerated. If someone has a bad or good experience, they are more than welcome to express it in any review thread. That's the whole point of a review, honest feedback (Good or bad).

Thanks for understanding.

Thanks Eric for your comments and clarification. I never said anything about censorship but was instead suggesting that we have a thread with a more specific focus. However, you've also indicated you'd like the BB topic to stay here and not splinter. So I'll just bow out altogether and move on to other topics at NP. Thanks again,

•••
@KickstartNames
There is a rhyme and reason to the names BB accepts and rejects. It may be hard to discover but I would say that is probably the biggest key making money with them.

I don't want to discourage you, but I can tell you from experience that it was easier for me to sell brandables on BrandBucket than on my own site.

Also, BB does have some things in the works that could help you in finding quality brand names.

•••
@KickstartNames
There is a rhyme and reason to the names BB accepts and rejects. It may be hard to discover but I would say that is probably the biggest key making money with them.

I don't want to discourage you, but I can tell you from experience that it was easier for me to sell brandables on BrandBucket than on my own site.

Also, BB does have some things in the works that could help you in finding quality brand names.

Yes, i understand there is probably some form of rhyme and reason in the process that makes sense for many of the experienced sellers at BB. I was just pointing out that for me that process is somewhat unclear, takes too much effort, and i don´t fully agree with the results of it.

There is nothing that can´t be better, that's what drives development.
Look at it from the bright side, with my 15 names returned home there´s only 15,313 left to compete with :roll:

Thanks again Andrew.

•••
You're welcome man, good luck.

•••
you've also indicated you'd like the BB topic to stay here and not splinter.
To clarify, I only referred to feedback/reviews of BrandBucket.

As long as you're not an affiliate or staff member of BrandBucket, you're more than welcome to start a thread on "Tips and Strategies for BrandBucket" or "How to Get The Most Out of the BrandBucket" in our discussion forum.

Note: Starting such a thread for a company you're paid by or affiliated with is considered spam unless it is created in the advertising board. Only your users may start such a thread in discussion areas.

•••
To clarify, I only referred to feedback/reviews of BrandBucket.

As long as you're not an affiliate or staff member of BrandBucket, you're more than welcome to start a thread on "Tips and Strategies for BrandBucket" or "How to Get The Most Out of the BrandBucket" in our discussion forum.

Note: Starting such a thread for a company you're paid by or affiliated with is considered spam unless it is created in the advertising board. Only your users may start such a thread in discussion areas.

Thanks Eric. That's an important clarification. I misunderstood you. I will likely start a more focused thread and see if any like minded members join. As a matter of disclosure: I am not a staff member or ambassador or anything for BrandBucket. I'm just a new (joined Dec 2014) seller. I've had no contact with Margot but I have exchanged several emails with Michael over the months as we live in neighboring states. Those emails were mostly before he became Director and Name Pros has never been the topic of any of our emails. So I am acting strictly on my own. Thanks again for your help B-)

•••
A conflict of interest is a situation in which the concerns or aims of two different parties are incompatible.

BrandBucket does not pose a conflict of interest for its sellers, and its sellers do not pose a conflict of interest for BrandBucket. It's a symbiotic relationship that's generally mutually beneficial.

The BrandBucket ecosystem consists of the marketplace, sellers, and buyers. These aspects should work in tandem.

•••
On 1st page , BB added Rechargely.com for 4K, but they refused Rechargi.com which is shorten and can be said easier. Why? How? And I made my logo first, but they are both very similar.

•••
On 1st page , BB added Rechargely.com for 4K, but they refused Rechargi.com which is shorten and can be said easier. Why? How? And I made my logo first, but they are both very similar.

Rechargely is based off the word Recharge while Rechargi is based off nothing.

•••
I got 4 domains approved on BB and saw that they discontinued their Vote option to get credits.
Is there any other way to get free credits there??

Can anyone help me to list my domains there as i cant pay for 4 domains.

•••
Rechargely is based off the word Recharge while Rechargi is based off nothing.

I don't agree. Meaning in written language is conveyed not only by words but by morphemes that are the smallest carrier of meaning, the building blocks. I think "charg" in some instances qualifies as a morpheme. There are other aspects than lost meaning that I think make "r e c h a r g i" inferior. Spelling. Pronunciation. Credibility. Etcetera.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back