NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't agree. Meaning in written language is conveyed not only by words but by morphemes that are the smallest carrier of meaning, the building blocks. I think "charg" in some instances qualifies as a morpheme. There are other aspects than lost meaning that I think make "r e c h a r g i" inferior. Spelling. Pronunciation. Credibility. Etcetera.
Interesting-thanks for posting this-I have a question please which is BB more likely to approve in your opinion
Hatchic or Hatchio obviously im curious as to which is more marketable "ic" or "io" as an ending. Thank you.

•••
I got 4 domains approved on BB and saw that they discontinued their Vote option to get credits.
Is there any other way to get free credits there??

Can anyone help me to list my domains there as i cant pay for 4 domains.
Send Julia in support a note there and just tell her and see what they do-my guess is they're going to run into this often now and please come back here and report the response if you do this.

•••
Send Julia in support a note there and just tell her and see what they do-my guess is they're going to run into this often now and please come back here and report the response if you do this.

Julia's profile link?
Or should i submit ticket on BB?

•••
•••
I decided to do a trial run with BrandBucket and send in 45 domains. Only 8 got accepted, and most of the ones that did, were the names I thought are my worst. The names that got accepted were, Kueto, Lubua (lol), Tolag, VisionRack (didn't agree with their price so I haven't touched it), Muradu, Azevia, Strize, and Suroco. I understand why a lot of them got declined, but some of them make no sense to me. Beastley, Processivity, Corkel, Joruca, DollarCut, NewsChew, and Virnex were some of the names that weren't accepted.

Out of the names that were accepted, 2 were published today, and although I know their designers must be extremely busy right now, the logos are ridiculous.. The names that were published are Kueto and Tolag. Tell me you couldn't make those logos in paint or GIMP in less then 10 minutes. I know the names aren't that great, and the writer for Kueto didn't give the designer much to work on, but come on. (I personally think kueto has a Japanese sound, could of easily done a nice Japanese styled logo)

Feel free to post your opinion on the declinded names and accepted names' logos.

•••
I decided to do a trial run with BrandBucket and send in 45 domains. Only 8 got accepted, and most of the ones that did, were the names I thought are my worst. The names that got accepted were, Kueto, Lubua (lol), Tolag, VisionRack (didn't agree with their price so I haven't touched it), Muradu, Azevia, Strize, and Suroco. I understand why a lot of them got declined, but some of them make no sense to me. Beastley, Processivity, Corkel, Joruca, DollarCut, NewsChew, and Virnex were some of the names that weren't accepted.

Out of the names that were accepted, 2 were published today, and although I know their designers must be extremely busy right now, the logos are ridiculous.. The names that were published are Kueto and Tolag. Tell me you couldn't make those logos in paint or GIMP in less then 10 minutes. I know the names aren't that great, and the writer for Kueto didn't give the designer much to work on, but come on. (I personally think kueto has a Japanese sound, could of easily done a nice Japanese styled logo)

Feel free to post your opinion on the declinded names and accepted names' logos.

Logos are not so bad. We see plenty of much much worst.
I won't comment on accept/reject. It is their marketplace and they pick the names they want.

•••

How long ago did you submit? Curious what their throughput is now -- I've been waiting for logo design for a good 4+ weeks.

•••

I have to say-i've had pretty good luck with BB logos but both of yours certainly didn't take very long-Im sure they dont expect people to pay a listing fee and 30% and not provide a decent logo-just ask for a redo. As I mentioned Ive had good luck re logos so im not sure if they would redo or not-ive never had to ask. Good luck with your names.

•••
How long ago did you submit? Curious what their throughput is now -- I've been waiting for logo design for a good 4+ weeks.

Both names were submitted on 6/2, and both of them were accepted on the 17th (along with VisionRack and Lubua) So from the 17th until today they've been going through the different processes (submission review, writing the description, logo, ect)

I have to say-i've had pretty good luck with BB logos but both of yours certainly didn't take very long-Im sure they dont expect people to pay a listing fee and 30% and not provide a decent logo-just ask for a redo. As I mentioned Ive had good luck re logos so im not sure if they would redo or not-ive never had to ask. Good luck with your names.

If your logos are anything like what they have on home page, then yea you're definitely lucky.
That's exactly what I was thinking... 100$ for a logo I could of easily made myself, or paid someone on fiverr to make something 10x better. I doubt they would change it after asking, they're probably flooded with domains awaiting logos right now, I might ask though. Thanks, you too.

•••
Both names were submitted on 6/2, and both of them were accepted on the 17th (along with VisionRack and Lubua) So from the 17th until today they've been going through the different processes (submission review, writing the description, logo, ect)

If your logos are anything like what they have on home page, then yea you're definitely lucky.
That's exactly what I was thinking... 100$ for a logo I could of easily made myself, or paid someone on fiverr to make something 10x better. I doubt they would change it after asking, they're probably flooded with domains awaiting logos right now, I might ask though. Thanks, you too.
BrandBucket is a good company-they just have far too many names now I think and if anyone thinks there's not preferential treatment just look at the prices on certain names and who owns them. That said-they are a private company and can do as they please.To say there isn't is simply not correct. Someone will eventually open to compete with them and limit the names-it's just a matter of time. We'll see.

•••
•••
•••
The names that were published are Kueto and Tolag.

Coming strictly from an investor trying to sell a domain, I really like the one for Kueto. I would be very happy with that one.

•••
Coming strictly from an investor trying to sell a domain, I really like the one for Kueto. I would be very happy with that one.
We've been told Michael that you send some logos back multiple times for redos-true or no and can the average seller do that at BB ? Thank you

•••
We send logos back for redo's before names ever get published. If a particularly egregious one slips through the cracks, we will redo it after it's published, but this almost never happens. Maybe I just don't remember, but I don't think I've ever had a logo redone after it's been published.

Last edited:
•••
BB definitely needs a "removal" button of some type for the submissions list to save everyone ( both BB and the sellers) time in case of a change of mind-misspelling or whatever.

•••
BB definitely needs a "removal" button of some type for the submissions list to save everyone ( both BB and the sellers) time in case of a change of mind-misspelling or whatever.

Completely agree.

Lubua was published today, and although its another simple logo, its far better than what I got for Kueto and Tolag. To me, it actually looks like a company logo.

•••
One more approved. Now at 24. One more and I'll wait a bit before submitting more.

•••
I agree IMHO it´s better with a sleek than 'overdone' logo.

•••
I agree IMHO it´s better with a sleek than 'overdone' logo.

Don't get me wrong, sleek and simple logos are the best imo, but these were just straight up too simple. I am actually starting to come around on Kueto, but look at Tolag again. Font, colored text, and an arrow, just to show they did something, and the arrow doesn't even look properly placed.

•••
Don't get me wrong, sleek and simple logos are the best imo, but these were just straight up too simple. I am actually starting to come around on Kueto, but look at Tolag again. Font, colored text, and an arrow, just to show they did something, and the arrow doesn't even look properly placed.
I agree. you really have a point on that one, didn´t´ see it before, but it didn´t impress that much on me either...:-/

•••
With 15,000 names now at BrandBucket I hope people-other than M.Krell-will also post their sales here. It will be a real tell.

•••
Every step of the process seems to execute very quickly now.

Step "Pending Review" usually takes less than 10 days to have a name approved/rejected. BTW, the submitted page is still slow to display, but its better than it was.

Step "Pending BrandBucket Review" only takes a few days max.

Step "Pending Publishing" just took less than 24h for my newly published (vocalsy).

Only the "Pending Logo Design" takes longer.

But we see hundreds of new domains on the website each week so obviously, they are effective there too. They must have thousands and thousands in this queue.

•••
We send logos back for redo's before names ever get published. If a particularly egregious one slips through the cracks, we will redo it after it's published, but this almost never happens. Maybe I just don't remember, but I don't think I've ever had a logo redone after it's been published.

Egregious? Had to google that. It is now in my vocabulary. Can't believe I never learned such an essential word!

Can you tell Michael, at your salesrate and volume, what kind of logos make buyers hit "BIN"?

•••
If a particularly egregious one slips through the cracks, we will redo it after it's published, but this almost never happens.

I am actually starting to come around on Kueto, but look at Tolag again. Font, colored text, and an arrow, just to show they did something, and the arrow doesn't even look properly placed.

Do you think Tolag qualifies for a redo?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back