NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Time invested is absolutely a valid point. For those sellers who try to use as many GD coupons as possible, and vote for credits (now unavailable) do you consider how much time this adds to the process? I stopped using coupons/voting a long time ago since the opportunity cost of my time is quite high.

Coming back to my earlier figures, I've done a little digging. The following stats are based on 352 names I have listed:

Average cost of domain acquisition: $18.78
Listing cost: $10
Total average cost of BB domain listing: $28.78

So a little less than my initial $40 guess.

The average sale price of my 14 sales is $2205, so after commission and design costs my average revenue per sale was $1445.

So based on my history,
Cost of domains listed: $10,648
Cost of rejected domains (assume 50% - this is a very rough approximation): $6,949
Total cost (excl. time): $17,597
Total revenue: $20,223
Profit: $2,626
ROI: ~15%

A couple of notes: I haven't included any renewal costs, I have sold names they rejected, and I expect (hope perhaps) to sell more of the names I currently have listed, so my expected return is certainly higher than the above. Just 2 or 3 more sales of my currently listed domains would lift my ROI significantly.

Hopefully the above will be useful to others to temper expectations of huge ROI. It's probably an exception rather than the rule, and I suspect very difficult to scale. Thankfully other domain activities are performing well, so I can afford to wait and see if BB returns improve.

Final disclaimer: I might have really poor stats. There are probably some portfolio owners with far higher sales rates and ROI. However I know with certainty quite a few portfolio owners of similar size with far worse stats.

Anyone else care to be as gracious to the community as @Brandworthy? Lurkers come forth!

Last edited:
•••
Time invested is absolutely a valid point. For those sellers who try to use as many GD coupons as possible, and vote for credits (now unavailable) do you consider how much time this adds to the process? I stopped using coupons/voting a long time ago since the opportunity cost of my time is quite high.

Coming back to my earlier figures, I've done a little digging. The following stats are based on 352 names I have listed:

Average cost of domain acquisition: $18.78
Listing cost: $10
Total average cost of BB domain listing: $28.78

So a little less than my initial $40 guess.

The average sale price of my 14 sales is $2205, so after commission and design costs my average revenue per sale was $1445.

So based on my history,
Cost of domains listed: $10,648
Cost of rejected domains (assume 50% - this is a very rough approximation): $6,949
Total cost (excl. time): $17,597
Total revenue: $20,223
Profit: $2,626
ROI: ~15%

A couple of notes: I haven't included any renewal costs, I have sold names they rejected, and I expect (hope perhaps) to sell more of the names I currently have listed, so my expected return is certainly higher than the above. Just 2 or 3 more sales of my currently listed domains would lift my ROI significantly.

Hopefully the above will be useful to others to temper expectations of huge ROI. It's probably an exception rather than the rule, and I suspect very difficult to scale. Thankfully other domain activities are performing well, so I can afford to wait and see if BB returns improve.

Final disclaimer: I might have really poor stats. There are probably some portfolio owners with far higher sales rates and ROI. However I know with certainty quite a few portfolio owners of similar size with far worse stats.
EXCELLENT POST.

•••
•••
@michaeljkrell You really need to get on Go Daddy so you don't get screwed, they need to take TigerCloud.com and WinningCloud.com down, TigerCloud.com for example has a buy it now of $1,500, you are asking for $7,695 on BrandBucket, someone could hit the buy it now.

Someone I know got screwed on this, they went ahead with the sale because they did not want Go Daddy banning them.

Contact pnicks@godaddy .com if the customer service department has not fixed this for you.

Last edited:
•••
@michaeljkrell You really need to get on Go Daddy so you don't get screwed, they need to take TigerCloud.com and WinningCloud.com down, TigerCloud.com for example has a buy it now of $1,500, you are asking for $7,695 on BrandBucket, someone could hit the buy it now.

Someone I know got screwed on this, they went ahead with the sale because they did not want Go Daddy banning them.

Contact [email protected] if the customer service department has not fixed this for you.
Perhaps you should ask pnicks@godaddy who put the names on there and when and let us know please. Almost all of us have names at GD if something wrong is going on and our names are being posted by others it would be good to know,but I doubt that's the case here.We told Mr Krell about this last week on this thread and the names are still there I see from your post-thank you.

•••

Contact [email protected] if the customer service department has not fixed this for you.

You're assuming it is a mistake of some kind.

•••
I can say sometimes Go Daddy is slow and sometimes clueless, I had a domain that I never listed on Go Daddy, until I placed it on Afternic, I happen to check one day, and it said there was a bid, not at my asking price, but there was 1 bid, I never received an email there was a bid and if I wanted to counter, accept whatever. I call Go Daddy they put me on hold three times and came back with yeah we don't know how that happened, three days later the listing looked refreshed and their was no bid showing.

•••
You're assuming it is a mistake of some kind.

I wasn't assuming I thought Michael came out and said he did not place it there.

•••
I wasn't assuming I thought Michael came out and said he did not place it there.
He did say exactly that but from your post apparently they're still there. Just ask your guy at GD who put them there. Pretty simple.

•••
Actually no one would really care if Mr Krell has his names on GoDaddy,weather he put them there or it was by a GD oversight, other than the fact that BrandBucket DEMANDS all other sellers to take their listed names off all other sites. Apart from that who cares where he places them.

•••
•••
I can say sometimes Go Daddy is slow and sometimes clueless, I had a domain that I never listed on Go Daddy, until I placed it on Afternic, I happen to check one day, and it said there was a bid, not at my asking price, but there was 1 bid, I never received an email there was a bid and if I wanted to counter, accept whatever. I call Go Daddy they put me on hold three times and came back with yeah we don't know how that happened, three days later the listing looked refreshed and their was no bid showing.
It happened to me as well, i had forgot it still was on Afternic and then showed up at GD too.
It can be messy if it once was on Afternic Premium Network....

•••
First page of BrandBucket names listed for sale on one or more aftermarket sites, Go Daddy, Sedo, Afternic.

DealDock.com
Zael.com
Aegi.com
Gooj.com
Binaso.com

•••
First page of BrandBucket names listed for sale on one or more aftermarket sites, Go Daddy, Sedo, Afternic.

DealDock.com
Zael.com
Aegi.com
Gooj.com
Binaso.com
Wow- I thought they demanded from everyone that names be listed only on BB? Thank you for posting this.

•••
Wow-did you do whois to see who owns them? I thought they demanded from everyone that names be listed only on BB? Thank you for posting this.

1 person owns 3 of them and 2 others own the other names.

Page two

Grocia.com
Moteno.com

I know Margot says exclusive is the only way, but there is no way she can monitor everything or prevent it, the only time it would come up is the perfect storm.

1) Person goes to Go Daddy and sees Moteno.com Premium listing and clicks buy it now and another person is on BrandBucket and purchases around the same time.

But if you just got the sale on Go Daddy and removed from BrandBucket they would not know it sold. I don't think they are actively checking 10,000 domains for changes.

•••
1 person owns 3 of them and 2 others own the other names.

Page two

Grocia.com
Moteno.com

I know Margot says exclusive is the only way, but there is no way she can monitor everything or prevent it, the only time it would come up is the perfect storm.

1) Person goes to Go Daddy and sees Moteno.com Premium listing and clicks buy it now and another person is on BrandBucket and purchases around the same time.

But if you just got the sale on Go Daddy and removed from BrandBucket they would not know it sold. I don't think they are actively checking 10,000 domains for changes.
Make that 15,000 names. lol

•••
Purizen not on Go Daddy but on Sedo
Swipero on Go Daddy
Vapry.com Go Daddy
Pogr.com Go Daddy

Look there are way too many names to go through everything but from the small sampling I did, I would not be surprised if 20 % of non Boxador names on BrandBucket are listed at one ore more sites.

•••
•••
One reason Margot has to request exclusivity boils down to their promise of guaranteed transfer.

Transfer Guaranteed
Our escrow service walks you through the domain transfer, which is typically complete within 2-5 business days. If for any reason the name transfer fails, we will fully refund your purchase.

•••
I see in NP forums here postings for sale as "BB Accepted"

•••
Transfer Guaranteed
Our escrow service walks you through the domain transfer, which is typically complete within 2-5 business days. If for any reason the name transfer fails, we will fully refund your purchase.

LOL, of course they will, what choice do they have. That's a worthless guarantee, "If we don't deliver the product you ordered, we will give you a refund" wow. # generosity

•••
I see in NP forums here postings for sale as "BB Accepted"
I saw those also-looks like someone is playing BrandBucket instead of vice versa. So if I understand it correctly-they get BB to approve it-pay no listing fee and flip the name with a "BrandBucket pre-approval". I'd have no interest in doing it but I found it interesting.

•••
I'm guessing BB have some automated system in place to check if names are listed elsewhere periodically. I had an email from BB yesterday stating several of my domains listed on GoDaddy and/or Sedo.

Sedo usually takes 24 working hours (not weekends) to remove the domains, GoDaddy can take 4 or 5 days.

The best email to ask for removal of domains from auctions at GoDaddy is [email protected]. Make sure you include all details (when the name was purchased by you, a link to your whois etc). I've found this email address more effective than speaking directly with my account manager.

FYI, I also know of an incident in the past where someone tried to buy my domain in a GoDaddy auction where I hadn't listed it, it was still there from the previous owner. When it came down to the final button to pay there was a problem and they couldn't complete (I don't know what the exact message was). So, I'm guessing GoDaddy recognises the incorrect listing problem at some point before payment is made.

•••
Perhaps you should ask pnicks@godaddy who put the names on there and when and let us know please. Almost all of us have names at GD if something wrong is going on and our names are being posted by others it would be good to know,but I doubt that's the case here.We told Mr Krell about this last week on this thread and the names are still there I see from your post-thank you.
@London555, Of your six domains published, two are listed on GoDaddy auctions and one on Sedo, you should get those removed.

Last edited:
•••
So, I submitted Lunos dot com a few months ago - they gave me a $1795 price so I never listed it. I get email reminders every month telling me it's still in my to-do.

Today I look at the front page to see if my new name sproudpad is on there, and I see that they registered and listed Lunoso.com for $2495. I guess it costs extra for 1 more letter.

Is it now a recommended practice to register every variance of anything you send them to protect your "brand"?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back