Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@London555, Of your six domains published, two are listed on GoDaddy auctions and one on Sedo, you should get those removed.[/QUOTE
With all do respect-don't ever tell us what to do.

•••
@London555, Of your six domains published, two are listed on GoDaddy auctions and one on Sedo, you should get those removed.
With all due respect-don't ever tell us what to do. You're on ignore.

•••
So, I submitted Lunos dot com a few months ago - they gave me a $1795 price so I never listed it. I get email reminders every month telling me it's still in my to-do.

Today I look at the front page to see if my new name sproudpad is on there, and I see that they registered and listed Lunoso.com for $2495. I guess it costs extra for 1 more letter.

Is it now a recommended practice to register every variance of anything you send them to protect your "brand"?
Wow.

•••
@London555, Of your six domains published, two are listed on GoDaddy auctions and one on Sedo, you should get those removed.
Are you the BB police now? Perhaps you should direct your policing efforts elsewhere. and please don't ever tell us what to do again.

•••
And by the way-before you get it in your head to interfere with our business Google "Tortious Interference".

•••
Let's get back to helping each other!

So, I've just recently handregged:
u n a t e g o .com
s c a l e s i a .com
a d a p t a v i e .com

They have all been websites at some time in the past. They all have websites by a different owner built on a lesser extension, in this case, the .org (the target domainer in me will never die!).

I threw them all up on Sedo a couple of days ago at $749 so I can analyse the traffic (please don't visit and ruin my stats).

All of them are receiving a few visits a day. u n a t e g o is the only one that the 'buy now' page has been looked at (once).

As a target domainer I would have more than one target than just the .org to contact. I'm very much a novice when it comes to brandables and whilst I like the made up names and feel there is a growing market for brandables, obviously I feel I can sway more sales by using my target domainer skills. I honestly believe that BBs landing page and website is kick-ass and likely to convert a lot better than a Sedo landing page.

I'm about to submit these to BB. I'll let you know if they get accepted. Don't hold your breath, my acceptance rate is terrible (about 20%).
An update on this. All of the domains were rejected by BB (as expected really) so I can't show you what my next steps would have been. I might try again with more examples in the future when I have a bit more time.

In the meantime, I've logged into BB today to see I've sold another domain :D I'd rather not give details yet.

So, bearing in mind that my domains started to be listed on their site at the very end of May, I've had 2 sales now so I'm averaging one sale per month.

•••
The "costs' re reg fee-auction fees or whatever monies paid for rejected names,that we all have plenty of, must be figured in when computing the real return or ROI. This is a cost just as rent would be in real world business. That said-someone mentioned before that their "real" return was in the 15% area not including time invested-this return actually beats 95% of all hedge funds worldwide. At 7% compounded annually your money will double every 10 years so you can simply back in the numbers for 15% and the amount you want to invest in BB names,but the one problem here is how constant the % of BB sales will stay as they add more names. If the "sales ratio" stays the same then all things being equal the 15% return should also be stable.

Last edited:
•••

Really? This is the best use of your time on this planet? #fanboi

•••
I'm Back Bitches! :)

Glad to see the discussion is lively as ever.

•••
I'm Back Bitches! :)

Glad to see the discussion is lively as ever.
Welcome back! It's been boring around here without you! lol

•••
For anyone interested in .ly names please go to Park.io auctions That's Mike Carosn's site (great guy to deal with) as an example Exotic.ly is now selling for $99 -I don't buy .ly or this one I would.

•••
Does anyone have any completed .ly sales? I'm trying to figure out if there even worth listing. All of my saved .ly domains keep getting regged by park.io so I wan't to know if I should jump on the last few that are available.

•••
An update on this. All of the domains were rejected by BB (as expected really) so I can't show you what my next steps would have been. I might try again with more examples in the future when I have a bit more time.

In the meantime, I've logged into BB today to see I've sold another domain :D I'd rather not give details yet.

So, bearing in mind that my domains started to be listed on their site at the very end of May, I've had 2 sales now so I'm averaging one sale per month.

Great! Congrats Bro!

BTW, Its an Interesting post about your picks!

•••
Does anyone have any completed .ly sales? I'm trying to figure out if there even worth listing. All of my saved .ly domains keep getting regged by park.io so I wan't to know if I should jump on the last few that are available.

.ly is very out of fashion with startups at the moment. The number of new startups that launched with a .ly domain name this year can be counted on one hand.

•••
.ly is very out of fashion with startups at the moment. The number of new startups that launched with a .ly domain name this year can be counted on one hand.
Hi Doron-it's interesting that you would say that and I think you're correct but I just this morning received an email from BrandBucket after I had questioned the price of an approved submission and the response was "the "ly" ending is valuable to tech companies" (para pharse) I'm not sure if they meant "ly" as in "likely" or .ly the extension but I get the point of your post. Thank you.

•••
•••
•••
Thanks guys. Names ending in ly (or sy) such as Foodly, Blogly or Techly are absolutely in demand at the moment. Domains in the .ly extension not so much anymore based on my research.

•••
So, I submitted Lunos dot com a few months ago - they gave me a $1795 price so I never listed it. I get email reminders every month telling me it's still in my to-do.

Today I look at the front page to see if my new name sproudpad is on there, and I see that they registered and listed Lunoso.com for $2495. I guess it costs extra for 1 more letter.

Is it now a recommended practice to register every variance of anything you send them to protect your "brand"?

I was told that this account under privacy doesn't appear to be a BB account (I have no idea how to tell). I wanted to edit my post to reflect this but I think my editing privileges were restricted and the button doesn't appear for me anymore lol.

•••
I was told that this account under privacy doesn't appear to be a BB account (I have no idea how to tell). I wanted to edit my post to reflect this but I think my editing privileges were restricted and the button doesn't appear for me anymore lol.
Send them a note and ask them-pretty simple or ask Krell here to find out and post what happened. If they offered to list your name and you didn't then it's really not their-BB- fault. You turned down $1800 as a listing price-did you hand reg. the name to begin with? Valuate.com gives Lunos.com a value of $2100 so if you pushed the $1795 number BB gave you up the 20% you're right there. I question their pricing often also but on this one they really aren't far off.

Last edited:
•••
Send them a note and ask them-pretty simple or ask Krell here to find out and post what happened. If they offered to list your name and you didn't then it's really not their-BB- fault. You turned down $1800 as a listing price-did you hand reg. the name to begin with? Valuate.com gives Lunos.com a value of $2100 so if you pushed the $1795 number BB gave you up the 20% you're right there. I question their pricing often also but on this one they really aren't far off.
I don't really put much faith in Estibot/Valuate, though agree it can be useful when a buyer doesn't appreciate the value of a domain you are trying to sell them if an Estibot figure is high.

I too wouldn't have listed this particular domain with BB at that price. It has a registered trademark taken out 10+ years after this domain being registered. There is a substantial website on the .pl, .de and .it and a few other extenstions. This is the perfect example of 'target' domaining. There are 4 targets right there that would love to own this domain and they must all be aware that one of the others would love to own this domain too.

I love BB landing pages, and I'm sure they convert much better than Sedo/Godaddy etc (no proof) so it's a shame it wasn't accepted at a good price but hey, that's the way it goes sometimes. CodeCanyon has a simple landing page here: http://codecanyon.net/item/this-domain-is-for-sale/4803543 it's plain but at least you don't end up advertising anything that might infringe on the trademark like you could if you listed it with Sedo. Does Efty have advertising on their pages? That could be another possibility. Whatever, good luck Beezy, that one is worth sitting on until they contact you.

And I don't understand BB pricing. But I don't really have a good solid understanding of the brandable marketplace either...

Last edited:
•••
@michaeljkrell You really need to get on Go Daddy so you don't get screwed, they need to take TigerCloud.com and WinningCloud.com down

Thanks!

Yeah, I didn't list these on GD. I emailed my rep over a week ago to take this down, but he obviously hasn't done it yet. There are dozens and dozens of names of newly acquired names that I ask GD to remove because of the BB email.

Asking Sedo to remove names usually takes way longer in my experience...

•••
Thanks!

Yeah, I didn't list these on GD. I emailed my rep over a week ago to take this down, but he obviously hasn't done it yet. There are dozens and dozens of names of newly acquired names that I ask GD to remove because of the BB email.

Asking Sedo to remove names usually takes way longer in my experience...

Right and when it is make an offer that is just a hassle, Buy it now can cost you money, if someone hits the buy it now on TigerCloud.com it is $1,500 instead of $7,600.

•••
Yes, but if the current owner didn't list that name on GD or Sedo, the transaction/transfer won't go through.

•••
Thanks guys. Names ending in ly (or sy) such as Foodly, Blogly or Techly are absolutely in demand at the moment. Domains in the .ly extension not so much anymore based on my research.
haan but I believe BB may have hit some sort of saturation level with domains ending ly. They have rejected one of my domains buddyly.com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back