IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you, @bazabizo for the time and though put into your post. We are currently working on several of the initiatives you mentioned (maybe the specifics are different, but the ideas are the same), and we will definitely give your other suggestions the time and thought they deserve.

I think the size of the marketplace can always be wrangled with optimizing search. Just a couple of examples... Delivery services are fairly popular startup ideas. When I type 'delivery' into BB, it comes back with 6 pages of names, which I don't think is unreasonable. If I type in a keyword like 'task', two pages of results come up. Even if you search for a hugely popular term like 'cloud', 7 pages of results come up.

Whats the progress on logo creations? My 9 domains are stuck in Pending Logo state for almost 40 days.

•••
@thekiller PM me your names and I will take a look.

•••
Thanks for responding to my post.

1)Its too crowded! I dont know if there is a remedy to this. 16K, even if thats the cap, its extremely crowded. I hate to say it, but Brandroot is now a more browsable marketplace than BB (Again, I terminated my BR account favoring BB). If I am an end user and I want to buy a name and find 16,000 infront of me, then how is this different than Sedo or even GD?

2) For 30%, I would expect more. Things like Marketing specific KW to their designated niches. Also, Banner ads on places like Entrepreneur.com etc... places where startups are available online!

3) Offer something to startups MORE than the name and Logo, at the cost of NOTHING. For example, you can have an agreement with hosting providers to give them free server hosting for a year. Same logo designer could work on providing a free small static website for them. People would consider this a GREAT PLUS, and its internal cost for you would be minimal.

4) More alliances with Media and Design companies. These firms do have a lot of customers that already paid a premium for an online service, their customers would possibly pay for a name. Give these firms a cut of your commission, it will be worthy every penny!

5) Introduce a 12 months financing strategy. Startups are moving towards the cloud to down CAPEX and turn it into OPEX. Make domaining work similarly! You will sell more. All startups have the possibility to fail. If they do, they will stop paying for the domain and all what you earned is pure profit, and you will be left again with the domain, BUT with organic traffic! A bonus for everyone.

6) Have the landing page changed. It needs to include the relevant domains to the buyer in a cross selling format and also fair for the seller. The way to do this is as follows : If a customer types in a cloud domain, then he must see in the same page the other cloud domains belonging to the same seller, then if he wants more names, then he is directed a bigger selection including other sellers' cloud domains AND other domains belonging to the seller of the original domain. As a seller, I deserve more chances in selling if the customer typed in MY domain name, and the buyer would have a better chance in choosing from smaller selections. Only domainers have the time to browse through 16,000 names.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In return, you guys need more monthly revenue, and thats deserved, let me list a couple that I thought of :

1) Cross sell most of the Boxador offerings in a smartway. Free 3 months trial for all services, then renewed at a price. You have a lot of the services that would appeal to a startup, including growth hacking etc...

2) Offer a small service to buy them all the typo variations of their domain. That could be like a $100-200 more. Companies that buy 4-5 letter domains and paid like 3K, would be willing to avoid losing return customers.

3) Make more use of the existing customers DB. By now you should have at least 2,500 paying customers. Thats a gold mine! Calling them over the phone one by one to offer something from boxador. If your conversion rate is 2%, you have 50 sales, thats over 100K in profit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not everything I said is a 100% accurate, I just tried my best to spend an hour writing you some constructive tips. I didnt decide to leave BB, I said I might. Nothing is ever personal in the business world. I further support a business alliance/partnership or terminate it, solely based on numbers. I am a business person as you are right now, and we both care about nothing but a better ROI.

I hope to see BB in an increasingly better shape. I wish as well that people read this thread before posting more repetitive info/complains/ideas. This is what dilutes the messaging and turns things from constructive to destructive/personal.

Wish you all best of luck :)
Excellent post. Re: #5 -we offer to finance any "startup/brandable" name we own 90% no interest 36 months ect that we sell outside BB but I don't think that would work for BB except for the names they own themselves and that would create a BIG conflict. There's simply too much paperwork it would be like watching 100 jack rabbits at once for them with all these different sellers but it's a great point and one we know well.

Last edited:
•••
Whats the progress on logo creations? My 9 domains are stuck in Pending Logo state for almost 40 days.
Same issue here re Logo- Michael Krell is looking into it this morning . I'll post the results -hopefully positive.

•••
Thank you, @bazabizo for the time and though put into your post. We are currently working on several of the initiatives you mentioned (maybe the specifics are different, but the ideas are the same), and we will definitely give your other suggestions the time and thought they deserve.

I think the size of the marketplace can always be wrangled with optimizing search. Just a couple of examples... Delivery services are fairly popular startup ideas. When I type 'delivery' into BB, it comes back with 6 pages of names, which I don't think is unreasonable. If I type in a keyword like 'task', two pages of results come up. Even if you search for a hugely popular term like 'cloud', 7 pages of results come up.

But in your cloud example I see pages and pages of brandables with the root word "cloud". What about a pure brandable without a cloud root word? I think in the previous BB a buyer could have stumbled upon it browsing -- now it will never be seen.

Word to the wise - stay away from pure brandables.

•••
Hi, Trelgor,
I understand where you are coming from with the "free" listing being built into your investing strategy, but this was never meant to be permanent fixture.While this might be something we look at in the future, we don't have plans to implement a way to list names for "free".

While I understand it wasn't meant to be permanent, the business model Margot built was based off of reg fee brandables and high turnover. We now see brandables selling for 2-3x what they sold for just a few years ago, and very few strong reg fee brandables. In addition, we have a marketplace where turnover is likely a fraction of what it was previously (I do not believe BB sells 16x more domains than they did 2-3 years ago @ 1000 domains).

So while "free" may not have been part of the original plan, the original plan was built on a business model that is no longer profitable for us.

I currently have ~30 domains on BB, and I for one will not be adding another domain after I finish up my free credits. It's not personal, it's just business.

(Sorry for the double post)

•••
But in your cloud example I see pages and pages of brandables with the root word "cloud". What about a pure brandable without a cloud root word? I think in the previous BB a buyer could have stumbled upon it browsing -- now it will never be seen.

Word to the wise - stay away from pure brandables.

In the cloud example the names containing 'cloud' are listed first. But the search tool uses the labels that BB sets for each name, not the actual name.

To contradict what you are saying, more abstract brandables seem to sell quite nicely if you look at the sales lists that exist.

•••
Agree @trelgor - based on the data of the sales, abstract brandables sell more - actually that is what most businesses look for - just made up words that cannot have TM issues. After all, when we talk of 'Brandables', TM is on the mind of any business. Yes there are keyword driven brandables that 'possibly' do not have TM issues but safer approach is abstract brandables. Now the question is

If it is just abstract brandables, why cant I register myself, probably I can, it will just take time, if you analyze the names on BB, I can do more analysis, but I would say more than half of the names were registered in couple of years - and good percentage in past couple of months. Where else do you think this surge of names is coming from. Does one really think that one can register a name and get over $1K profit soon enough. No, they have to compete with thousand (or probably ten thousand) other names before being sold. I understand 'quality' is running in many people's mind, we discussed it here - it is all subjective, and varies by fraction of a degree - given they have already gone through selection process. So technically all are quality names. Another factor is, as a buyer, if I am just looking for abstract brandables, do I have to wade through pages and pages, probably after 4/5 pages, I will give up, or may be I am shopping for a logo?

If it is keyword driven brandable, you have better chance of being categorized appropriately. If the buyer is searching with a keyword in mind and they want that keyword or related keyword in the name, provided it is properly tagged, you have better chances of being found since you do not have to compete with thousands of abstract brandables. If I search for 'cloud' in BB, first three pages have word 'Cloud' rest 5 pages all are abstract brandables, the type that shows for every other keyword search. Not sure if one can build lot of logic in those 5 pages as to what to show as most of the names can be substituted for another.

So, if I have to make a choice within brandables, I am thinking - should I register an abstract brandable and sit among (ten) thousand others or have a keyword brandable and sit with possibly 100-200 other names. I know abstract brandable sells more. So either way, it is a tough choice.

Last edited:
•••
Almost two months and still "Pending Logo Design" -_-

•••
Almost two months and still "Pending Logo Design" -_-

My 9 domains are pending logo for almost 40 days, one of them got published yesterday.

Pensae

•••
Our Paxsy.com was recently turned down for a second time but this time with a note back that the "editors" suggest that you (Paraphrase) "Avoid getting names where the "X" is followed by an "sy" or "zy' because the "x" basically makes the same sound as the s or z.
Then why are both FLIXSY.com and LINXSY.com listed for sale on BrandBucket ???

•••
Then why are both FLIXSY.com and LINXSY.com listed for sale on BrandBucket ???

What are the release date of these two? Maybe they were approved a long time ago and now their approval criteria have changed.

I think you are lucky to get a reason for why they rejected it. Now you know one thing to avoid.

Last edited:
•••
What are the release date of these two? Maybe they were approved a long time ago and now their approval criteria changed.
Linguistics don't change. If it was a "category" issue or something of that matter I'd understand but linguistics simply don't change and that's what the issue was they stated here-simply linguistics.

•••
For all those that have been waiting 40+ days for their logo, we are working our hardest to get these published ASAP. Feel free to PM me about specific names at any time.

•••
Linguistics don't change. If it was a "category" issue or something of that matter I'd understand but linguistics simply don't change and that's what the issue was they stated here-simply linguistics.

You should definitely still avoid these names because the pronunciation/spelling issues. Both Flixsy and Linxsy are priced very low, and both are superior keywords to pax. There are exceptions to every rule, but your investments dollars would be better spent elsewhere.

•••
You should definitely still avoid these names because the pronunciation/spelling issues. Both Flixsy and Linxsy are priced very low, and both are superior keywords to pax. There are exceptions to every rule, but your investments dollars would be better spent elsewhere.

Linxsy.com is worse than Paxsy imo by a mile. Is it linksy or linxsy.com when pronounced at a party ?

•••
Linxsy.com is worse than Paxsy imo by a mile. Is it linksy or linxsy.com when pronounced at a party ?

Well .. is it Packsy or Paxsy ? They all fail radio test.

•••
Well .. is it Packsy or Paxsy ? They all fail radio test.

I'll take it over linxsy. The beauty of the subjective nature of brandables.

•••
I feel linx is better because links has a technical meaning where pax does not. Packsy.com would definitely be accepted for a considerably higher amount.

•••
I feel linx is better because links has a technical meaning where pax does not. Packsy.com would definitely be accepted for a considerably higher amount.
What are you talking about Michael ? PAX is a patch for the Linux system? Every geek knows that-I know it and Im not a geek! Anyway it doesn't matter now-at least you've paid attention to my logo issues so that's very good.

•••
It is funny I was talking to a guy last week who owns like 500 M.U.P.S. and all his were great, according to him then tells me he thinks 90% of all names on BrandBucket and Namerific suck, so I was like just your names are great ? hahaha. It is hard to get people to agree on a lot of M.U.P.S.

•••
It is funny I was talking to a guy last week who owns like 500 M.U.P.S. and all his were great, according to him then tells me he thinks 90% of all names on BrandBucket and Namerific suck, so I was like just your names are great ? hahaha. It is hard to get people to agree on a lot of M.U.P.S.

M.U.P.S?

•••
What are you talking about Michael ? PAX is a patch for the Linux system? Every geek knows that-I know it and Im not a geek! Anyway it doesn't matter now-at least you've paid attention to my logo issues so that's very good.

And Linux is open source/free, so who are you going to sell that to?

•••
•••

:) With a background in php and front-end programming, I've never heard of it, and I can tell you my programming friends haven't heard about it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back