Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I understand, but we know that publishing on BB is like a 30-day contract. You can quit at anytime you want, but only after a 30-day notice.

If you rent a car for a 3-4 years contract .. or you have a cellphone plan for 3 years. You cannot break that contract without consequences. There are fees to pay if you do.

BB is no different. Either the buyer (acquired from WHOIS) goes to BB and you negociate a lower commission with BB, either the buyer waits 30-days and buy it from you after.
Dominic-here's what-in my opinion-it comes down to with BB-with 20,000 names it's now a lottery ticket for the average seller and that's fine-but the question iv'e asked more than once here and I'm done asking because they simply won't answer-as is their right as a private company-is What is the sales ratio to listed names now with 20K names on BB? Is it the same say 6% ( my number not theirs) as it was when there were just 1500-2000 names there ( the number the founder was quoted as saying was ideal for a CEO to look at in an evening) with 10X that amount of names now that's the one figure I think sellers are really entitled to if they are to keep making investments for BB-and make no mistake about it-you the seller is making an investment for BB not the other way around.

•••
Ok, but BB providing the sellers with stats is a completely different topic.
What I was talking about is related to the complaints about the terms.

•••
Dominic-here's what-in my opinion-it comes down to with BB-with 20,000 names it's now a lottery ticket for the average seller and that's fine-but the question iv'e asked more than once here and I'm done asking because they simply won't answer-as is their right as a private company-is What is the sales ratio to listed names now with 20K names on BB? Is it the same say 6% ( my number not theirs) as it was when there were just 1500-2000 names there ( the number the founder was quoted as saying was ideal for a CEO to look at in an evening) with 10X that amount of names now that's the one figure I think sellers are really entitled to if they are to keep making investments for BB-and make no mistake about it-you the seller is making an investment for BB not the other way around.

I 100% agree with what you just said. I think BB did a recruitment masterpiece with their Ambassador Program/Krell Video. And that people did invest i their types of names. And deserve to know the current sales ratio. However I don't see the correlation with 30-day notice. 30-day notice doesn't seem unreasonable.

•••
Ok, but BB providing the sellers with stats is a completely different topic.
What I was talking about is related to the complaints about the terms.
I really don't have any complaints about the terms-they're a private company-they make the terms whatever they please. Last time I looked no one had a gun to anyone's head to make them give BB names-as you very correctly stated above.

•••
Good points @pjb
@pjb1978

BB spends quite a bit of money on marketing and advertising for their marketplace. There are buyers who will find the name through through the BrandBucket marketplace and then attempt to buy the name on a discount through Whois information. From BrandBucket's perspective, their marketing and advertising dollars were used to find the buyer, so they should receive a commission on any sale. It would be bad business for BrandBucket to market these domains for free.

IN general I am in agreement with what you are saying. But what if their marketing and advertising dollars weren't used? What if I found the buyer at Starbucks one morning as we talked about what each other did? I recognize that BB had some costs, as did the designer. But in this case, charging a small fee to cover those costs would be a more tolerable situation. BB doesn't deserve the commission if they didn't find the buyer and did nothing to facilitate a deal right?

•••
I had another small sale today. Coltos dot com sold. It was a hand reg and listed since August 2014. It is my 11th sale with BB and I now have 96 remaining domains listed with them.

•••
•••
After a terrible attempt of submitting 2-word names and being 1 in 28 approved, things are going much better.

I went back to submitting only invented 5-6 letter words and I have seen 11 of my last 28 accepted.
That is a success rate of 39.3%. It is much easier to get approved with invented words.

•••
After a terrible attempt of submitting 2-word names and being 1 in 28 approved, things are going much better.

I went back to submitting only invented 5-6 letter words and I have seen 11 of my last 28 accepted.
That is a success rate of 39.3%. It is much easier to get approved with invented words.
I think the reason people like to buy these "BrandBucket approved @ Published" names is because all of a sudden your "acceptance rate" becomes 100% even though it costs slightly more.

•••
I just love Khalan's emails!

Another sale. I had this name on their marketplace for a long time. (2+ years)

•••
Just wanted to say I am very impressed with BrandBucket, submitted Venuzo.com (picked it up as random name, part of basic GD package) early hours this morning and it has been approved in less than 20 hours!

Now just hoping it sell's in next few months :)

•••
No more credits ... sadness :~(
Just submitted listings of my 11 last approved and I only had enough credits for 5, had to pay for the other 6.
I better continue having a high approval rate (40% would be good) to compensate for the listing fees now.

•••
•••
No more credits ... sadness :~(
Just submitted listings of my 11 last approved and I only had enough credits for 5, had to pay for the other 6.
I better continue having a high approval rate (40% would be good) to compensate for the listing fees now.
Or buy more "approved and published" names! lol

•••
On August 19th BrandBucket broke 19,000 domains. We are now at 15 days past with only 585 names added in this 15 day period. Normally it's 1,000 every 10 days. It looks like 20,000 domains was their target.

•••
On August 19th BrandBucket broke 19,000 domains. We are now at 15 days past with only 585 names added in this 15 day period. Normally it's 1,000 every 10 days. It looks like 20,000 domains was their target.
Still way too many for sellers to be profitable with the costs of rejects of submissions- listing fees etc-did you see the above post that there was a combined account with 600 names in BB without a sale in 8 months?

•••
If we only knew the total of new additions during that time period, than we'd also know the total that BB sold. Hmmm. Actually I don't have a single name at BB but it would be interesting to know.

•••
They have definitely come to the end of all that excess inventory from submitters that they have slowly been adding to BrandBucket. Member "Miks" just stated Venuzo was accepted in less than 20 hours which is lightning fast for BB. I think they will now go back to their old 2013 ways and be very selective of new submissions. I would be surprised if even the best members have an approval rating above 30% now.

•••
I bet there are thousands of accepted domains that sellers did not pay the 10$ yet.
A lot of people had 20-40++ names submitted and can't vote anymore so they will never have them published. This is what slows down the quantity of names lately.

•••
They have definitely come to the end of all that excess inventory from submitters that they have slowly been adding to BrandBucket. Member "Miks" just stated Venuzo was accepted in less than 20 hours which is lightning fast for BB. I think they will now go back to their old 2013 ways and be very selective of new submissions. I would be surprised if even the best members have an approval rating above 30% now.
No one can make money with a 30% approval rating-with the costs of rejections.

•••
I bet there are thousands of accepted domains that sellers did not pay the 10$ yet.
A lot of people had 20-40++ names submitted and can't vote anymore so they will never have them published. This is what slows down the quantity of names lately.
Good point-that also means thousands of sellers stuck with names they don't really want but that they've already bought.

•••
Good point-that also means thousands of sellers stuck with names they don't really want but that they've already bought.

There are many other marketplaces.

•••
There are many other marketplaces.
Yes there are but please-most of these names can't even be pronounced let alone sold to an end user other than BB or Namerific. Go try and sell 50 of these names on SEDO and let us know how you make out.

•••
No one can make money with a 30% approval rating-with the costs of rejections.

I would argue it depends on quality of domains (rejected) you are left with and what you choose to do with them/how to market them. For example I keep hearing BB and similar rejected domains still being sold often and I am not just talking about couple bucks sales here on NamePros..

I think biggest problem here is - too many sellers being greedy and expecting every brandable name to sell for $x,xxx - $xx,xxx

If you are happy to settle for little profit, here is example;

I sold BB rejected domain Nerify.com few days ago on Ebay for $139 and I picked it up here on NP in auction few months ago for few bucks.. (I actually reported it here on NP as well)

Name I mentioned earlier: venuzo.com, is first of my domains accepted on BB. I Had 9 domains rejected in last few months, including Nerify.com

Out of those 9 domains I have sold 7 for mid $xx to low$xxx each and made money on every single one!

Last edited:
•••
My que is now empty too, and I have noticed a huge decrease in the time from submission to publish.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back