Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
June - 40 names removed that sold - ?? Michaels, I wasn't tracking then.
July - 36 names removed that sold - 12 of them were Michaels.
August - 44 names removed that sold - 2 were on Michaels previous sales lists and Michael hasn't posted his August list yet.

If that is all the sales, we're talking maybe a 3% annual rate.

•••
If that is all the sales, we're talking maybe a 3% annual rate.

Awesome work @JimJammy. The only issue I see is that Michael likely has a significantly higher sell rate than the rest of us, due to his exposure, reach, and connections in the industry. I think it would be really useful if we could determine the population of non-Michael domains (easy) and the sell rate of non-Michael domains (much harder).

That "non-Michael annual rate" would be more in lines with what us average sellers could expect.

•••
I used to have "Staff picks" and see my domains in front page(s) for a while.
They have all been removed and are not longer staff picks.

Their new "staff picks" have 542 names now. I'd be curious to know who owns the majority of them.

•••
I used to have "Staff picks" and see my domains in front page(s) for a while.
They have all been removed and are not longer staff picks.

Their new "staff picks" have 542 names now. I'd be curious to know who owns the majority of them.
My guess is someone here probably knows exactly who owns them-ask Michael Krell right here.

•••
They still have the "staff picks" sort, but now they have a new section with only staff pick which seems to be kind of premium names. Well I think its new or recent, I don't remember seing that section before.

•••
They still have the "staff picks" sort, but now they have a new section with only staff pick which seems to be kind of premium names. Well I think its new or recent, I don't remember seing that section before.

It seems that they renamed what was first Premium Names into Staff Pick.

•••
These drops get picked up regularly, I thought it would be good if someone here got the chance to get them.

A couple more if anyone wants them:
b i t z y c l i c k
h y p e r s c r y b e
p r o s t i o
g o a w n
I wouldn't buy those. Just fyi one or two of them were domains that I had that BB rejected.

•••
Awesome work @JimJammy. The only issue I see is that Michael likely has a significantly higher sell rate than the rest of us, due to his exposure, reach, and connections in the industry. I think it would be really useful if we could determine the population of non-Michael domains (easy) and the sell rate of non-Michael domains (much harder).

That "non-Michael annual rate" would be more in lines with what us average sellers could expect.
Michael does have a higher sell rate BUT I genuinely don't believe that it has anything to do with his connections in the industry. I think that not only does Michael have an eye for the two word wonders he is selling but he has recognised that this could be a fad and has reinvested the majority of his sales cash as quickly as possible to grab the most out of what could be a short term opportunity. Personally, I'm not keen on two word wonders, but if I was, I would do the same and I hope he smashes it!!

To be clear, I'm not saying two word wonder brandables are a fad. I think dotcom will always be king unless the way the internet works changes, so almost any sensible dotcom picked up today will have a value in 10 years time. It's frightening to think how many $xx 3 letter domains I've turned down in the last 10/15 years because they weren't pronouncable... if only I could go back. That's basically how I see BB and brandables. I pick up domains that I think will be valuable in 10 years, not today, and if I can sell enough to cover the cost of the other renewals I'm happy.

Right now, my day-to-day money-to-be-made domaining is still the standard target by email contact, but my 'standard' is shrinking and my 'brandables' are growing because its where I believe domaining in the future will be most profitable.

•••
I just sold a domain and the buyer will be using a different registrar Instead of godaddy. I bought the domain from the godaddy expired domains a couple weeks ago. The 'transfer lock' ends 10/31/15.

Do I have to wait till November? Anyone have experience with this issue?

Thanks

•••
Yes you have to wait, but most of the time if you explain the situation they will choose just to just use the current registrar

•••
I don't understand -- isn't BB the intermediary between you and the buyer? How can you know what registrar they want to use, or "explain the situation" to them?

•••
BB tells the seller what registrar the buyer wants to use, so you tell ur BB contact to explain the situation

•••
BB tells the seller what registrar the buyer wants to use, so you tell ur BB contact to explain the situation

OK - I don't get why BB wouldn't do that on their own - not like they don't know what the Internet is :)

•••
they don't know know when the registrar won't allow a transfer out for a certain period of time. So, they need to be notified

•••
I just sold a domain and the buyer will be using a different registrar Instead of godaddy. I bought the domain from the godaddy expired domains a couple weeks ago. The 'transfer lock' ends 10/31/15.

Thanks
ICANN enforces the 60 days but your 60 day period just started. If you can convince the seller to open an account at Godaddy and then push the domain they only add 6 days to the overall time frame since the lock resets. It makes no sense for them not to open an account at Godaddy and accept it. I could understand if you are on day 40 of the lock but your lock just started 6 days ago.

•••
You just have to push the name to BB's GD account and they will take care of the rest.

•••
•••
ICANN enforces the 60 days but your 60 day period just started.

This is not really accurate. The ICANN 60 day rule is for new domains & new registrar transfers , not buying an expiring name like he did. Which is why some other registrars only have a 15 hold when buying expired domains. His hold is a Godaddy rule not an ICANN rule.

•••
This is not really accurate. The ICANN 60 day rule is for new domains & new registrar transfers , not buying an expiring name like he did. Which is why some other registrars only have a 15 hold when buying expired domains. His hold is a Godaddy rule not an ICANN rule.
Yes you are correct. I thought it was a new registration. The Godaddy 60 day lock can be lifted most of the time. He just needs to call his rep. I think Godaddy is the only one that has a 60 day lock.

•••
You can email Godaddy and they will lift the 60-day lock. They have a specific email address for this, which of course right now I cannot find :(

And here's the dedicated email address to lift the GD 60-day lock: [email protected]

Last edited:
•••

Thanks

I just finished waiting on my 60 day transfer lock to end for my first sale -- luckily there were only two weeks remaining.

In my case the purchaser requested to wait until the hold ends. In yours it sounds like you can have GoDaddy waive the hold, since it was an expired domain pickup.

•••
•••
It's back up.

Yeah, when there is transfer lock over a week or two, the buyer normally opens up an account at that registrar and accepts a push.

•••
Just caught up on a dozen pages of posts, quite entertaining :)

I agree its always nice to get transparency with a marketplace such as BB, as sellers we are their partners but its their business and they will protect it as they see fit like any business owner would. Whilst this might be frustrating there is a will from BB to be more open and transparent but this will only go so far.

Wishing you all the best with your sales.

•••
It's back up.

Yeah, when there is transfer lock over a week or two, the buyer normally opens up an account at that registrar and accepts a push.
It's been a while since you posted any sales.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back