IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Good names sell themselves.

True, but good names cost a lot. Definitely more than regfee. While BB sells our regfee domains for thousands. Sometimes.

Last edited:
•••
How does BB affiliate network works? That would be good way to get at least some % back when buyer fallows true via your link.. Even in cases when buyer may decide to go with other name, you would still make some money, right?

Then again, I guess they work with third parties, which will keep half of what BB is giving away..

•••
Maybe he was asking $700 for the name and they refused.
Then on BB they had to pay $2000 to get the name.

That leaves him with more money in the end even with the 30%.

Not the right numbers, but Correct. I was asking about 7500% ROI which the buyers insisted was too much and over priced. I gave them a fair deal and they assumed they could talk me down i guess. Once I listed on BB...12,400% ROI (minus 30%... leaves me with 8650% ROI)

Yes, they could have saved themselves a lot of $ if they didn't play games, but once it was on BB they knew they had no choice but to buy it or let someone else buy it.

Thanks Brand Bucket ;)

PS...I understand that some people are 'glass half empty' and so they NEED to find a way to complain about a good thing. Im a 'glass half full' person, and i understand that BB ADDS value to my names because they have a reputation, and that reputation HELPS sell names.

Last edited:
•••
Not the right numbers, but Correct. I was asking about 7500% ROI which the buyers insisted was too much and over priced. I gave them a fair deal and they assumed they could talk me down i guess. Once I listed on BB...12,400% ROI (minus 30%... leaves me with 8650% ROI)

Yes, they could have saved themselves a lot of $ if they didn't play games, but once it was on BB they knew they had no choice but to buy it or let someone else buy it.

Thanks Brand Bucket ;)

PS...I understand that some people are 'glass half empty' and so they NEED to find a way to complain about a good thing. Im a 'glass half full' person, and i understand that BB ADDS value to my names because they have a reputation, and that reputation HELPS sell names.
So the buyer was willing to pay 60% more to BrandBucket instead of buying it directly from you. I don't know if I would consider that Half Full or Half Empty!

•••

Thanks Brand Bucket ;)

Assuming you hand reg'd the name you made approx. an extra $91 by listing it on BrandBucket? 7500% vs. 8650% -if you didn't "hand reg." the name-you made less. So when you throw those "ROI Numbers" around-please give the exact numbers. Thank you.

•••
So the buyer was willing to pay 60% more to BrandBucket instead of buying it directly from you. I don't know if I would consider that Half Full or Half Empty!

It's half empty for the buyer and half full for the seller, lol...

As @Domainaffix mentioned, the buyer tried to negotiate things initially but when the domain was added to BB market, the buyer (may have) thought that now it's too late to negotiate as the name is now available for open public and can attract other interested buyers.

Looks like they really wanted the name but were hard on negotiating it with the buyer.

Either way, congratulations to both buyer and seller.

•••
How does BB affiliate network works?
Used to be CJ, but BB stopped using them. I did have a couple of commission payments, but I don't think the affiliate program took off. THey may build out their own AFF system in the future I've been informed.
As @Domainaffix mentioned, the buyer tried to negotiate things initially but when the domain was added to BB market, the buyer (may have) thought that now it's too late to negotiate as the name is now available for open public and can attract other interested buyers.
If I have a name with strong buy interest prior to listing on BB, and still go ahead with the listing, I just ping the BB guys and explain that I want to list it at a higher value due to the interest. My recollection is that BB have always accommodated my requests.

To anyone who does have interest like this in a domain you might want to set it for sale via the brokers at DomainNameSales.com. I have one name currently in negotiation on DNS at $7.5K that was accepted by BB at $775 (I did not and will not list a name at this price). DNS brokers know how to achieve top dollar IMO.

•••
Used to be CJ, but BB stopped using them. I did have a couple of commission payments, but I don't think the affiliate program took off. THey may build out their own AFF system in the future I've been informed.

If I have a name with strong buy interest prior to listing on BB, and still go ahead with the listing, I just ping the BB guys and explain that I want to list it at a higher value due to the interest. My recollection is that BB have always accommodated my requests.

To anyone who does have interest like this in a domain you might want to set it for sale via the brokers at DomainNameSales.com. I have one name currently in negotiation on DNS at $7.5K that was accepted by BB at $775 (I did not and will not list a name at this price). DNS brokers know how to achieve top dollar IMO.
I'm surprised they would list a name that low. At $775 there would only be 5 names on all of BrandBucket that would be cheaper than that. As a side note there are only about 300 names listed below $1,000 out of 20,205 names.

•••
Does this designer have any creativity at all?

https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/hypeus

All his recent logos are 99% the same.
At least when he started, his older logos, were a bit more unique in the general template.

Looks like now he just reuse the same a pattern.

•••
•••
Freshola -- nice name!

Re: the logos, I actually like them, like this guy's style.

I think the logos in general have gotten better and cleaner of late.

•••
Freshola -- nice name!

Re: the logos, I actually like them, like this guy's style.

I think the logos in general have gotten better and cleaner of late.
I agree. Even tho he uses the same "pattern", most of his logos are really nice imo.

•••
Does this designer have any creativity at all?

https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/hypeus

All his recent logos are 99% the same.
At least when he started, his older logos, were a bit more unique in the general template.

Looks like now he just reuse the same a pattern.

Nowhere near as bad as the guy using a small box with rounded corners to the left of the brand. Those are the epitome of no creativity IMO. The Hypeus ones were ok I thought. Hopefully he doesn't read this thread, but probably he does.

•••
Yes his logos are ok, I just think he could change his pattern from time to time instead of always using a small image on the left and the name on the right.

•••
•••
I am curious if anyone shared this experience;
I noticed one of my more interesting names (word/product) + (zo) got rejected, I was really sad to see this as the name is one of my favorite choices out of my whole portfolio for BB.
So I searched and noticed they had approved a very similar name (same exact 4 letter word)+(xo).The approved one that ends in xo, I assume it's supposed to sound like mine (word) + "Zo". Otherwise it's read as (word)+"X"+"Oh" or breaking up the 4L word to make two pronounceable 3L strings (too confusing for my eyes because they are immediately drawn to the 4L word).
Either way I don't feel like words + xo are not very radio friendly. If you're having letters that are silent or pronounce like other letters in a made up word or a play on a word. I don't think they're amazing for end users.
Some related imaginary examples would be

Websitexo
Websitezo

Dealxo
Dealzo

TIMExo
TIMEzo

TAPExo > TAPEzo

Has anyone shared this thought or experience that they reject names when they already have a similar one listed?
I feel like the reasoning must have been that they are too similar in the fact that only one letter changed. In my mind there is a significant chance an end user would take the zo's listed above over the xo's. Significant enough to warrant them both being listed.

•••
I noticed one of my more interesting names (word/product) + (zo) got rejected, I was really sad to see this as the name is one of my favorite choices out of my whole portfolio for BB.
So I searched and noticed they had approved a very similar name (same exact 4 letter word)+(xo).The approved one that ends in xo, I assume it's supposed to sound like mine (word) + "Zo". Otherwise it's read as (word)+"X"+"Oh" or breaking up the 4L word to make two pronounceable 3L strings (too confusing for my eyes because they are immediately drawn to the 4L word).
Either way I don't feel like words + xo are not very radio friendly. If you're having letters that are silent or pronounce like other letters in a made up word or a play on a word. I don't think they're amazing for end users.

Websitexo
Websitezo

Dealxo
Dealzo

TIMExo
TIMEzo

TAPExo > TAPEzo

Has anyone shared this thought or experience that they reject names when they already have a similar one listed?
I feel like the reasoning must have been that they are too similar in the fact that only one letter changed. In my mind there is a significant chance an end user would take the zo's listed above over the xo's. Significant enough to warrant them both being listed.

Maybe the other one (in XO) was accepted a long time ago and its not the type of name they are looking for anymore. Maybe they have enough of the root word already in their list. But I too had names rejected that were very similar to others accepted.

•••

Websitexo
Websitezo

Dealxo
Dealzo

TIMExo
TIMEzo

TAPExo > TAPEzo

If the keyword ends in a vowel then it changes the whole dynamic of the name. Tape and Time would be pronounced TAPexo and TIMexo or TAPezo or TIMezo.

•••
Yes it could, but what if you were aiming for a tape material company or like a watch company. Do you think Tapezo becomes confusing as many people will try to read it as tap ezo? I guess it is a self bias that I would read timezo as time zo, I can see how some % of people might read as tim ezo, but if theres a picture of a watch in the logo hopefully that fixes that. Do you think tapezo passes radio?

•••
Yes it could, but what if you were aiming for a tape material company or like a watch company. Do you think Tapezo becomes confusing as many people will try to read it as tap ezo? I guess it is a self bias that I would read timezo as time zo, I can see how some % of people might read as tim ezo, but if theres a picture of a watch in the logo hopefully that fixes that. Do you think tapezo passes radio?
I think most would read it as tap ezo instead of tape zo. Those of us that constantly look at brandables would possibly read it both ways but how the general public reads it is what matters.

•••

Websitexo
Websitezo

Dealxo
Dealzo

TIMExo
TIMEzo

TAPExo > TAPEzo

Who owns the one already listed?

•••
@London555 just an average user I believe.
An update:
Member for: 1 Week 6 days
Domains submitted: 119
Domains reviewed: 105
Domains rejected: 97
Domains approved pending initial $10 fee: 1
Domains pending logo design: 2
Domains published with logo: 5
They are reviewing and creating logos extremely fast compared to other users experiences from earlier this year! I think I had a published domain live on my 7th day after joining. Overall I am very happy with the logos for my domains, I have seen some funny looking logos linked from namepros before though.:D

•••
"We are proud to say that our individual sales have increased by 250% year over year." (BB sellers newsletter, September)

@michaeljkrell Does "individual sales" mean the number of sales? Does this incorporate 2015?

•••
We've haven't sold a lot of .ly's lately, but we do receive a fair amount of inquiries on them especially with how few are listed in the marketplace compared to .coms. Having said that, we are still pretty bullish on .ly, especially for some of the bigger keywords.

I have been in contact with @Messiah, and S U B J E C T I V O has been redesigned.

I have some .ly listed at BB, I turned down a $600 offer for City.ly because I was planning to list in on BB. Hoping to get a sale!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back