IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Result!

No sales for me in Oct, hopefully squeeze one more before year end.

I had one of those nice emails from BB today, will post when it (hopefully) completes. Listed for 9 months.

•••
A long awaited second BB sale (first was a small one in January) is completed: L o v a g o (d o t ) y o u k n o w

Hopefully the next one takes place sooner than next year's end :)

•••
I am also surprised she stated the daily visitors they attract is around 4000.
Not sure where you got that figure, but I know that I send 500-1,000 uniques per day via my ~800 names, so doubt the other ~20,000 names only generate 3,000 more. Chance would be a fine thing though...

•••
How do you know how many you send via the 800 names? How do you track this, if you are just forwarding your names?
She said that in this thread. But it could have been an old info she used.

•••
I like my DefenseRobot logo. Kind of scary :) ... and front page.

•••
I like my DefenseRobot logo. Kind of scary :) ... and front page.
You should raise the price to it's highest level because it's undervalued by a few thousand. Personally, I would yank that thing off of BrandBucket, put a price of 10 grand on it and wait a couple years for the right buyer.

•••
You should raise the price to it's highest level because it's undervalued by a few thousand. Personally, I would yank that thing off of BrandBucket, put a price of 10 grand on it and wait a couple years for the right buyer.

I already added the 20%.
I have an option for you : Click on my BB link in my signature and buy it from me, then remove it from BB and make the 10K in 2 years :)

•••
I already added the 20%.
I have an option for you : Click on my BB link in my signature and buy it from me, then remove it from BB and make the 10K in 2 years :)
Less than 4 times return on my investment. No thanks. :)

•••
•••
•••
Less than 4 times? I sell the name for only $150.
I thought you were telling me to buy at full price at BrandBucket. I didn't realize you were selling it for $150. If Domainaffix doesn't buy it let me know and I'll take it from you.

•••
•••
I have DefenseRocket, if anyone is interested just send pm...

•••
I just tried to add a recent hand-reg (name just dropped before I picked it up) and got the message

Invalid - domain already exists

When I go to Brandbucket.com/ThatDomainName it redirects to the homepage, so am I correct in assuming this name was probably submitted and rejected in the past?

•••
Nope, it is available for you to add. Just send an email and they will move it to your account. I had one of those today too. usually, it was approved and not yet listed. But occasionally, yuou find one that was listed and you get a free listing.

•••
I just tried to add a recent hand-reg (name just dropped before I picked it up) and got the message

Invalid - domain already exists

When I go to Brandbucket.com/ThatDomainName it redirects to the homepage, so am I correct in assuming this name was probably submitted and rejected in the past?

It is available. You need to ask them. Probably they remove temporarily from listing when a domain is expired.

•••
I think all industry statistic for average portfolio (mix bag) is 2-3% at best, and my guess that is averaging between $1500-2,000. If one is doing 5%, then it is above par, and then you are inclining towards quality names where the acquisition costs may be higher as well, while acceptance rate may be higher also.

•••
How do you know how many you send via the 800 names? How do you track this, if you are just forwarding your names?
I forward all my traffic via an intermediary step which tracks all the traffic. I don't use BB DNS.

•••
I forward all my traffic via an intermediary step which tracks all the traffic. I don't use BB DNS.

Is there a benefit to forwarding your domains via DNS or redirect? SEO speaking

Reason I ask, is I'm wondering if having 20,000 names attached to your name servers affect your PR or any other metric. I imagine they prescreen for backlinks and blacklisted domains before they accept names yes? Forgive me if I worded this wrong or if it's a newbee question; i'm still new to this side of the internet.

•••

Reason I ask, is I'm wondering if having 20,000 names attached to your name servers affect your PR or any other metric. I imagine they prescreen for backlinks and blacklisted domains before they accept names yes? Forgive me if I worded this wrong or if it's a newbee question; i'm still new to this side of the internet.

SEO is only important for developed sites. Rankings (or page rank) has nothing to do with name servers. I don't think BB scans the backlink profiles of domains they list.

•••
SEO is only important for developed sites. Rankings (or page rank) has nothing to do with name servers. I don't think BB scans the backlink profiles of domains they list.

I had a buyer complain about his site getting delisted after adding a Geo domain to his existing site. I took his word for it and gave him another city + keyword domain in the same niche. Ever since then I've been confused.

•••
Whether you forward via your own DNS or their's should make no difference since they both redirect. Whether there's any benefit - I'd say in most cases the answer is no. There may be some cases edge cases where value does pass to their site.
I imagine they prescreen for backlinks and blacklisted domains before they accept names yes?
I doubt this. They are not an SEO company. I'd say they limit their checks to prior usage of each proposed brand.

•••
I doubt this. They are not an SEO company. I'd say they limit their checks to prior usage of each proposed brand.

Hmmm... I wonder if they had any angry buyers like I had. I've heard this is a hoax endusers use to get more out of you or possibly blame them for something they did that only now caught up to them. I know brandbucket once listed (now sold) Toygaroo.com which expired last year, and is dubbed shark tanks worst investment as it went under after a $200k investment. That domain had backlinks from ABC and plenty of other new organizations covering sharktank products. This is a case of a buyer possibly being surprised in a good way I'd imagine.

The other metrics also referred to Alexa ranking. How some sites gain rankings solely on typo traffic. I thought if they were getting traffic due to type in on other sites, this metric would somehow be crawled by some internet magic.

•••

that is great. Would you share what is that intermediary step for tracking? For my GD domains I use their forwarding, but then the stats on the landing page cannot see those forwards,which would be helpful for understanding contributions of separate domains.

•••
Hmmm... I wonder if they had any angry buyers like I had.
Caveat emptor. It's up to all buyers to do their own due diligence. I know a lot about SEO, but I'm not spending time checking domain SEO histories. It's not my job.
Would you share what is that intermediary step for tracking?
I redirect all my traffic through one of my domains where I have a custom script that calls a Piwik (piwik.org) API to cookie users and track the visits. It then forwards the traffic to the appropriate landing page on BB. I do some spam removal to try to filter out automated requests, but even if 40% of my visitors are real I send quite a substantial amount of traffic to my names on a daily basis.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back