NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
You could talk to Michael Krell about it - but IMO, these are normal logos.

•••
Everyone has logos they don't like. Put your energy on getting more good quality names. That's what buyers want. That's what will sell and make you happy. :)

•••
@michaeljkrell

How about posting your sales from December and January?

•••
What do you do if your name is accepted at BB, but you think the price they've set is too low? Has anyone had experience of getting BB to re-set the price higher?

•••
What do you do if your name is accepted at BB, but you think the price they've set is too low? Has anyone had experience of getting BB to re-set the price higher?

You can PM @michaeljkrell your request and reasons why you think it should be listed higher.

I recently PM'd him a rejected domain that had several likes from the snap of the day thread. He said they could publish it at a low $1795. I was disappointed but kept that to myself and resubmitted per his instructions anyways. The domain was later accepted around $2495 which made me happy.

I've also had several domains priced higher than suggested once they reach the pending publishing section. Michael will send you an email notifying you the domain was priced lower than it should be. I sold a domain that was priced higher in the pending publishing state.

•••
Thanks GJ, I will try contacting BB with listing data of other similar domains already on BB (quite a bit higher) and see what happens.

•••
Brandbucket seem to cater to selling uncreative typo (and possibly trademarked) domains that may have issues in the future.

Examples:
Phaase.com - typo of Phase.com, an established website.
Healerr.com - typo of Healer.com, an established website. (I deleted my domain Healdr.com because it could also be considered a typo of Healer, even though I saw it as Heal + Doctor)
Fuunk.com
Globee.com
Summerr.com
Luckk.com
Lemonn.com
Maryy.com - typo of Mary.com, an established website.
Croow.com - typo of Crow.com, an established website.
Hikerr.com - typo of Hiker.com, an established website.
Chaalk.com - typo of Chalk.com, an established website.
TreeHuggr.com - typo of Treehugger.com, an established website.
etc.

Why even allow such domains to be sold? How would you feel if someone registered BrandBuckett.com? According to your criteria it would be a great unique brandable domain, right!

Isn't the whole point of owning a brandable domain to stand apart, to have a name that can't be mistaken for another? Anyone who buys these domains is going to lose traffic to the proper word. Why cater to typosquatting domains that are possible ICANN disputes in the making?

•••
•••
@michaeljkrell -

I had several names Accepted last night. After forwarding the names in my registrar, I always do a quick test of typing the names into my browser before logging into BrandBucket to click on the Verify button.

Upon doing so, the page comes up with a 404 Error.

I read through this thread that the issue was raised previously.

My question... What is the status of getting this fixed?

I ask for (2) reasons...

1) it is very helpful to browser test before clicking on the BB Verify button,

2) (more important) this also means that while the name is forwarded, but not yet with a logo, it comes to a dead end landing page (404 Error) and is not being offered for sale. Worse, it gives a potential buyer the impression the site is not being maintained.

Please advise.

Thanks,

-Jim

•••
How would you feel if someone registered BrandBuckett.com?

The analogy doesn't work. BrandBucket is a phrase unique to... BrandBucket. But all the examples you cited were generic words. Crow, Luck, etc. There is a widespread naming convention among start-ups of intentionally miss-spelling a common word, usually by one-letter.

•••
The analogy doesn't work. BrandBucket is a phrase unique to... BrandBucket. But all the examples you cited were generic words. Crow, Luck, etc. There is a widespread naming convention among start-ups of intentionally miss-spelling a common word, usually by one-letter.

Does that make it okay to do? Why don't start-ups get more creative? There is nothing cool about a misspelled word. It's not unique.

Also some of the names I mentioned have live trademarks or have inactive/dead trademarks.

Healer.com has a live trademark..

ixOuhty.png

is it not a bad idea for brandbucket to be selling Healerr.com?

•••
Does that make it okay to do? Why don't start-ups get more creative? There is nothing cool about a misspelled word. It's not unique.

Also some of the names I mentioned have live trademarks or have inactive/dead trademarks.

Healer.com has a live trademark..

ixOuhty.png

is it not a bad idea for brandbucket to be selling Healerr.com?

Stay clear of blatant trademark violations is a good rule. However, clever miss-spelllings can convey a creative and disruptive feel that startups are very fond of. If two names are a miss-spelling apart, some would argue that it is a typo and a TM violation, some that the (extra) letter adds a distinctiveness that won't substantially threaten existing TM.

Anyway, it would always boil down to usage, and if that usage causes infringement on what the existing trademark is intended to protect.

•••
•••
•••
Brandbucket seem to cater to selling uncreative typo (and possibly trademarked) domains that may have issues in the future.

Examples:
Phaase.com - typo of Phase.com, an established website.
Healerr.com - typo of Healer.com, an established website. (I deleted my domain Healdr.com because it could also be considered a typo of Healer, even though I saw it as Heal + Doctor)
Fuunk.com
Globee.com
Summerr.com
Luckk.com
Lemonn.com
Maryy.com - typo of Mary.com, an established website.
Croow.com - typo of Crow.com, an established website.
Hikerr.com - typo of Hiker.com, an established website.
Chaalk.com - typo of Chalk.com, an established website.
TreeHuggr.com - typo of Treehugger.com, an established website.
etc.

Why even allow such domains to be sold? How would you feel if someone registered BrandBuckett.com? According to your criteria it would be a great unique brandable domain, right!

Isn't the whole point of owning a brandable domain to stand apart, to have a name that can't be mistaken for another? Anyone who buys these domains is going to lose traffic to the proper word. Why cater to typosquatting domains that are possible ICANN disputes in the making?

You are confusing trademarks and dictionary words/people's names.

Globe cannot be universally trademarked (maybe, specific application in specific area), so if somebody got globe.com and has set up business there, they should be happy with that and not care if somebody sets there business on Globea, Globeo, Globee etc.

The same with Healerr, etc. And if somebody regs BrandBuckett.com, it is different. Again, it was a uniquie combo/phrase to start from, so hard to prove you were not intending a TM infringement. And, further, if it does exactly what BB does, that would be 100% TM infringement, if they sell apples to supermarkets, BB probably won't even care.

P&G has tm for Tide, but that is related to a cleaning product. They cannot go after every company using Tide in another context and/or combo. And user of Tiide.com would be fine, as long as he does not go and produce a detergent with that name.

•••
You are confusing trademarks and dictionary words/people's names.

Globe cannot be universally trademarked (maybe, specific application in specific area), so if somebody got globe.com and has set up business there, they should be happy with that and not care if somebody sets there business on Globea, Globeo, Globee etc.

The same with Healerr, etc. And if somebody regs BrandBuckett.com, it is different. Again, it was a uniquie combo/phrase to start from, so hard to prove you were not intending a TM infringement. And, further, if it does exactly what BB does, that would be 100% TM infringement, if they sell apples to supermarkets, BB probably won't even care.

P&G has tm for Tide, but that is related to a cleaning product. They cannot go after every company using Tide in another context and/or combo. And user of Tiide.com would be fine, as long as he does not go and produce a detergent with that name.

I know thiss, but there is nothing uniquee or trulyy brandablee aboutt thee namess I mentionedd. It just looks like some domainers have a stttutterrrring problemm. If everyone registered every word in the dictionary and added an extra letter to it, got it in .com, and put it on BrandBucket, they would approve it and call it a unique brandable! These are reg fee names pitched to buyers at an absurd cost.

•••
I know thiss, but there is nothing uniquee or trulyy brandablee aboutt thee namess I mentionedd. It just looks like some domainers have a stttutterrrring problemm.

Sure. And Exxon had stuttering problem, because of doubling X there. They paid millions for branding with this made up name.

•••
You are entitled to your opinion. Fact? The names get traction. Why? Because companies like them. They are affordable and trendy. You should scope up atleast the equal amount of horsedung and throw it onto the wretched domainers selling the correctly spelled versions at 50-500x the price of the quirky version if you are to make sense.

•••
Sure. And Exxon had stuttering problem, because of doubling X there. They paid millions for branding with this made up name.

Exxon isn't a typo domain, as Exon doesn't mean anything at all (related to gasoline at least) to anyone unless you're familiar with gene splicing. So it's more unique than say those domains that end with an extra letter, many of which are available to register at regfee. Also two XX's work better than other twin letters.

•••
Exxon isn't a typo domain, as Exon doesn't mean anything at all.

What about Plenti.com? I hear its ad every day on TV, radio etc. It is a loyalty card program that brings together the likes of Exxon, Macys, AT&T, Mobil etc.

•••
thiss, but there is nothing uniquee or trulyy brandablee aboutt thee namess I mentionedd.

Thiss.com - regged since 2001 - not developped

Uniquee.com - developed

Trulyy.com - developed

Brandablee.com - developed

Aboutt.com - huge domains $2395

Namess.com - redirected

Mentionedd.com - deleted and available for registration

•••
You are entitled to your opinion. Fact? The names get traction. Why? Because companies like them. They are affordable and trendy. You should scope up atleast the equal amount of horsedung and throw it onto the wretched domainers selling the correctly spelled versions at 50-500x the price of the quirky version if you are to make sense.

I'm not stating it as fact, but they can be considered typosquatting or "bad faith" registrations.

•••
•••
I'm not stating it as fact, but they can be considered typosquatting or "bad faith" registrations.

A lawyer hired to shoot holes in the other parties case would have something to say, yes. But that would hold true most of the time. The question is if they would be right. They mostly wouldn't in my opinion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back