NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Much respect @equity78 - Thank you very much for posting this. Your words are truly humbling. I preach looking at the bigger picture, though sometimes, I too, become so isolated in one viewpoint, that I forget it's only a small subset of time/content.

That said, people, remember anything I say about bb may be true today, but not true tomorrow, or even yesterday. bb doesn't see anything as a problem yet. It's been a while since they've been vocal on np. They are a busy company, that doesn't see a problem in their business model as they appear to be quite profitable. However, should that change, they can review customer feedback, improvise, adapt, and overcome. Until then, why should they fix a leaking hole if it's not sinking their boat?

Your last part there is where the truth lies, you are spot on that until someone feels a pinch to their business they don't change.

There are certainly people who stick to that mantra and I am not telling anyone how to run their business. They get to play their card, the beauty of the Internet is everyone (for the most part) gets to play their card as well. So I understand the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" credo, but maybe I think the correct phrasing should be "it ain't broke YET, maybe you should have a plan to fix it). I want to jump ship way before the ICEBERG can even be seen on radar.

Other companies who are successful are always listening, always innovating, their ship is not broken, but they are working to better it, contingency planning etc...

So again it comes down to how secure you feel being on board with a company. Are they not listening to people bringing up outlier scenarios, people who themselves are egomaniacs wanting their own way on everything ? Or are they valid concerns that some are getting treated unfairly ?

•••
How could a newby sell brandables?
I have a few ones I think good:
Vioton, Virtualitic, Virtulion, Virturion, Cekku.
How could I search for the end user and do you think these names worth to be sold as brandables?

•••
How could a newby sell brandables?
I have a few ones I think good:
Vioton, Virtualitic, Virtulion, Virturion, Cekku.
How could I search for the end user and do you think these names worth to be sold as brandables?

That's the thing about brandables you are not going to be able to search for end users the way you do with EMD, generics.

Targeting someone with a brandable name close to yours is more problematic from a UDRP standpoint. When companies come after a generic, descriptive name they are in the wrong a lot of the time. But a company is much more able to TM a brandable name where they invented it. I own the name Digdo.com it's invented no generic meaning. If you email me you have diggdo.com that's cybersquatting and a lay up in a UDRP if I want the domain.

Now to keep it real if someone does this kind of outbound marketing, looking for brandables that are close to another brandable end user, they are most likely looking for less than the cost of a UDRP. Some companies will figure out the dollars and sense and pick up a name for $1,000 to avoid the higher fees. Others may want to make an example and spend the money to go after the domain through the UDRP.

Overall it's not a good strategy IMO.

•••
Do you ever wonder why Pro's such as @bazabizo, @Shane Bellone, @Zandibot, Zane Gocha, Michael Rader, etc aren't using bb anymore? (@Zandibot I assume you are not using bb anymore based off your portfolio sale earlier this year. @Shane Bellone - not sure if he ever used bb, but he is a whistle blower, and industry visionary. To those tagged, please correct me if I'm mistaken)

I have quite a few BB type names in my portfolio. I don't use BB, or many other marketplaces at the moment - mostly because I'm launching my own ;)

•••
So, just BB or similar?
I have Vioton and Virtualic published there.
Other ones as Virturion and Virtulion just submited.
Do you think they have some chance to be sold?

•••
So some people are not willing to share anything, go back in the day ask @Acroplex people used to get upset with him posting pending delete or available domain threads.

That must have been more than 10 years ago as I don't recall any of it :-P.

I do recall though that people speculating on dropping LLL .com domains (again, more than 10 years ago) got upset with those that posted such lists.

•••
I am publicist and writer for TV show and I can say that everything you've said seems a advertising post than a sincere review. why ?

There are two things a company can do, solve real obstacles, eg :

Domain Registrars.
You need to register domains and store.

Namepros forum

You need to learn, interact with other domainers, have information, buy quality domains,
get prestige as a seller and/or buyer.

Sedo
Like the rest of domainers You need to display and sell your domains, without having to get involved in a negotiation if you wish.

Escrow
Mediator, peace of mind in any transaction.

Domain Broker
Open contact channels, can negotiate, can mediate.

As see, each of them offers a different solution to a real obstacle and needs, but when you say

Can I create my own marketplace?
I can make a really basic site, but it would take me a chunk of time to get it to my satisfactory level. I can create simple sites with wordpress etc, but still it would take me more time to build a marketplace, let alone a marketplace that stands out and look nice.

Can I create a logo myself?
Probably, but it will take a lot of time for me and it wouldn't look that good. It is just not in my skillset

Can I attract visitors with my own landing page or marketplace?
I might just be able to do that, but I would have very minimal traffic on my site. I know the basics of SEO etc, but it would again take up a lot of my time and I don't think the results will be as good as BB results

Can I get $2000 on average for my brandable names myself?
No, I would probably be very happy with 1 sale of $1000. I can't attract enough visitors, I can't make my site and logos look appealing enough and I am bad at negotiating, as I would bite way too early.

For these reasons, Brandbucket adds value for me:
  • They save me a lot of time
  • They attract visitors
  • In the end, after all fees I still get an average of $1000 a name (going off an average sale price of around $1800 and covering 10 to 20 listing fees per sold name), which is more than what I would probably get on my own

You're talking about a real obstacle or self-harm ?

•••
I am publicist and writer for TV show and I can say that everything you've said seems a advertising post than a sincere review. why ?

There are two things a company can do, solve real obstacles, eg :

Domain Registrars.
You need to register domains and store.

Namepros forum

You need to learn, interact with other domainers, have information, buy quality domains,
get prestige as a seller and/or buyer.

Sedo
Like the rest of domainers You need to display and sell your domains, without having to get involved in a negotiation if you wish.

Escrow
Mediator, peace of mind in any transaction.

Domain Broker
Open contact channels, can negotiate, can mediate.

As see, each of them offers a different solution to a real obstacle and needs, but when you say

You're talking about a real obstacle or self-harm ?

I dont talk about either. You make it sound like it is something a domainer has to do or learn. I just simply chose a different option.
Sure, I can learn these things. But I dont want to take the effort and spend the time on it. I just dont like doing it enough, so I choose an alternative. For me, brandbucket is an alternative which works perfectly if they sell.

You can see it as a pitch or as not sincere, I dont mind. It might come across like that. However, it is just my reasoning in why I think brandbucket is a good option to have. To each his own.

I dont challenge your choice. I am only saying that people are different and are looking for different things. To me, brandbucket is a nice opportunity to have. To you, it is not since you have the skills and goals to do it on your own.

To me, the difference in BB and sedo or afternic or whatever is that brandbucket is a place aimed purely at brandables, so I see it as a nice fit.

•••
Have you seen the 5 letter domains they are accepting lately? If you don't think they are accepting them just to get the 10 bucks then you don't know what you're looking at. Some aren't even worth reg fee but they have $2,895 price tags. LOL I have never in my life seen the quality control of a company drop so fast in such a short period of time.

•••
Have you seen the 5 letter domains they are accepting lately?

I'm looking now...

Is this an optical illusion, or is the domain spelled wrong in the logo?

upload_2016-7-21_19-19-24.png

#FreeQA ;)

•••
•••
•••
Lol. If it sells which name do they get? I'll take both for the price of one thanks.

•••
•••
Lol. If it sells which name do they get? I'll take both for the price of one thanks.

One is available for reg fee, one is not. ;)

upload_2016-7-21_19-28-54.png

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
what do you guys think of these 3 brandables?

palazu.com
spaacy.com
anuly.com

I have sent them to brandbucket for approval, havent heard back yet. Do you think these gonna sell/get accepted?

•••

palazu.com
spaacy.com
anuly.com

I have sent them to brandbucket for approval, havent heard back yet. Do you think these gonna sell/get accepted?

I like them but I am biased because I own spacyy .com

•••

palazu.com
spaacy.com
anuly.com

You know the probability of buying your +5L bandreable ? - like 0,00001

•••
I like them but I am biased because I own spacyy .com
Haha yes, i saw your post. I was in fear that you already took spaacy.com, but then i saw that you took spacyy.com, not spaacy.com.

•••
•••
Check this one : not BB, but is nice domain :

coorus.com

•••
They are nice....I just regged some that will be submitting and If they don't get accepted i will list them elsewhere. Some are: Accego.com, Ariies.com, Caesor.com, Evibro.com, and some more...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back