Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We should rename this thread: Brand Bucket Assumptions and Accusations

This has become the place where people ASSUME this and that, and speak as if their assumptions are facts. Most of these assumptions in the last 10 pages are completely false. And some of these assumptions are more like accusations.

Its not inspiring to come here and read page after page of people complaining and now making false accusations. Please have some respect. (Especially for a business that makes you $$) I feel sorry for people who can only see the glass as half empty and addicted to being pessimistic. But i don't feel sorry when they start accusing.

BB puts thousands of dollars in my bank every month. I am very grateful, and who knows....maybe karma is real ;) Regardless of sales or no sales, I appreciate what BB has done for the brandable industry and i would be ashamed of myself if i came here and made accusations and assumptions..

Its one thing to share your experience(thread title) but its highly offensive to make accusations about BB and Michael. And why bite the hand that feeds you...geez!

To lurkers, and people new to BB, don't let these negative people discourage you. I personally recommend selling on BB and I also recommend spending your valuable time finding and submitting your names, instead of wasting your valuable time complaining

Cheers!

•••
In terms of BB, it's true it was fruitful and maybe some of us are being a bit harsh.

Michael's been nothing but helpful. Some of the comments are just jealousy I guess.

The frustration stems from backing BB fully by giving exclusivity and forming a business relationship. Then not knowing that a major shift took place away from keyword originals to fully random brandables...
Money & Time being invested in a wrong category.

But yes I am in the positive balance with them, that doesn't mean status quo should remain with no improvement either

•••
•••
But seriously, lets talk about Trademarks. I am usually pretty good at checking before acting on any domain. But just because a TM exists does not mean I won't register it. I look to see what industry it is in and if it is not what I think the primary market for the domain is, I will buy it. Of course if the obvious use is what the TM is for, its a no go. So with regards to BB, do they just pass on ANY TM, or do they also look to see what industry or use the TM is, or do they simply figure that is up to the end user to decide?

•••
The frustration stems from backing BB fully by giving exclusivity and forming a business relationship. Then not knowing that a major shift took place away from keyword originals to fully random brandables...

They are still accepting two word combos.I just had a few accepted over the last few days.

Boldguard
Blazethrough
Fusecrowd

Just to name a few.

As for the names that were rejected I see no rhyme or reason.

•••
•••
Not knowing that a major shift took place away from keyword originals to fully random brandables...

This is False. And another reason people need to stop making assumptions. I just had 9 of 14 accepted and 4 were invented brandables and 5 were 2 word(keyword) brandables. BB and the BB ambassadors NEVER said there was a major shift away from keyword originals. Just people in this thread who assumed so...

•••
BlazeThrough is nice!

Thanks Michael. I also want to emphasize what the previous poster said. You contributed a lot of help and support regarding BB issues. If it wasn't for you we would all be clueless on what is going on.

Any idea why they rejected these?

DewCloud
GlacierCloud
CloudGush
BraveLaunch
NuclearBuzz
GreenHilltop
CrackACode
BlazeAPath
FuelLaunch
BootLaunch
EarlyBean
SparkABiz
Consultfully
IgniteABuzz

•••
I'm glad I can help!

Three word names are going to be a little difficult unless the phrase is pretty common. If CrackACode was "CrackTheCode" you would have a 5-figure name on your hands.

For cloud names, you are going to want the other word to be a tech related name or a really strong/common noun or adjective.

Nuclear isn't a very positive word in general.

If FuelLaunch was LaunchFuel, then that would be a solid 4-figure name.

Consultfully is kind of a mouthful. If you are going after names that end in "fully" you generally want to pair it with single syllable words.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
This is False. And another reason people need to stop making assumptions. I just had 9 of 14 accepted and 4 were invented brandables and 5 were 2 word(keyword) brandables. BB and the BB ambassadors NEVER said there was a major shift away from keyword originals. Just people in this thread who assumed so...

The assuming part is an observation based of about 500 submissions or so during the last 1.5 years.
I do have 135 names live and some more to be published. I saw a clear change in the type of names accepted. Agree with it or not.. It is my experience

•••
The problem as a seller is that with fully made up brandables that don't mean anything, if your lucky and it's a decent one, Maybe you'll sell on BB. If it doesn't sell, chances of selling elsewhere is close to none.. I'm not talking about very high end catchy brandables. Referring more to most of the names these days on BB. Renewal is going to be a bitch in 1 year for a lot of people.

There are buyers of BB accepted names that will pay $50+ each for accepted names....

•••
To each their own.... I'll just post sales when I have.. Won't contribute anymore

•••
I went solely off what they posted on their site regarding keyword domains:

"Do you own a short, memorable, non-keyword domain name? It just may be a fit for our exclusive collection of brandable business names. We can list your domain for sale with a professionally-designed logo, and help you get it sold".

If this is not their policy, they really should change it. So the shift was real when they wrote that I assume?

•••
And sorry about Wearza :guilty: As a compensation I can pm you 3 names from my backlog for you to consider picking one or more from, if you wish (and I'm serious about it) ;)
Thanks, but no "compensation" is needed. First come, first served!:xf.grin:

•••
Like others I sometimes feel frustrated when some of my names are rejected. I worked hard to find those names, dang! B-) But complaining will not change anything and a rejection in any business endeavor is an opportunity to learn and improve. So I study my rejects and try to understand why they were not right for the BB platform. This helps me to develop my eye and improve my name choices and have a higher acceptance rate in future.

Also, names can be sold on your own website and through outreach.So if you have a really good name that's not a fit for BB then you can still sell it for a profit but you will have to do some work on your own to accomplish that sale.

Lastly, I really appreciate the recent posts by Michael and Calvenore and I'm hoping to see more posts like that. This thread can be a place where we can learn from each other, support each other and be successful together. Life is what we make it. Let's do it right............ Peace! :laugh:

•••
Like others I sometimes feel frustrated when some of my names are rejected. I worked hard to find those names, dang! B-)

Me too, I apologise for any negativity I brought to this thread.

Lastly, I really appreciate the recent posts by Michael and Calvenore and I'm hoping to see more posts like that. This thread can be a place where we can learn from each other, support each other and be successful together. Life is what we make it. Let's do it right............ Peace! :laugh:

You took the words right out of my mouth again! Guys, the feedback over the last few pages is very much appreciated. Thank you.

•••
I'm not liking my brandbucket results. Just about all of my sales at brandbucket where from businesses that where already using the same brand name before they visited the brandbucket site. I check when they incorporated their businesses names, and almost all register the name for a corporation or LLC before I listed it on brandbucket. I only got 1 sale where I don't know if the company decided on the business name before they reached the brandbucket site. I'm going to hold off submitting more for a while until I see more results from the domains I already have listed there.

•••
Hi @michaeljkrell,
What do you think the reason why these name are not fit with BB criteria?
- PreciousCloud
- ExcelStartUp
- Marketlicious
- InventorFund
- Travizen
-Travelersity

Thanks

•••
BB is in business to sell names and make money. So in a word, the reason they reject a name is because they don't feel that the name has a good chance of being sold. It's that simple. Some specific reasons for this, in my case, could be:
  1. The name applies only to a narrow range of industries or just one niche industry
  2. The name relates to industries that are not the mainstay of BB's clientele
  3. The names are more geared towards products or shops rather than start-up companies
Some recent rejections that illustrate the above points are:
BabyFuzz
PuppyCute
Netrapy
MemoryID
Loanific
RegenLift
AssetWindow
ShapleyChic
TabletWizard
UpStartSmart

So this is one lesson I'm taking in. Other domainers may have additional comments or observations that could help me with my learning curve. Feel free to add your point of view. Thanks! :-,

•••
Hi @michaeljkrell,
What do you think the reason why these name are not fit with BB criteria?
- PreciousCloud
- ExcelStartUp
- Marketlicious
- InventorFund
- Travizen
-Travelersity

Thanks

Hi,

I would say that marketlicious and travelersity are just too much of a mouthful and difficult to spell. ExcelStartup and InventorFund just don't quite make sense together. I don't see many companies using "excel" or "inventor" in their business names.

I would definitely put up PreciousCloud on GD premium. It isn't great, but you might be able to get around $500 for it.

•••
Some recent rejections that illustrate the above points are:
BabyFuzz
PuppyCute
Netrapy
MemoryID
Loanific
RegenLift
AssetWindow
ShapleyChic
TabletWizard
UpStartSmart

Hey, Keith,

I'm not sure what companies would purchase babyfuzz,netrapy, or regenlift. For the others, the keywords for the most part are right, but they just don't go together. If MemoryID was MemoryIQ, then you would have something. Or if UpStartSmart was StartupSmart or SmartStartup, you would have a very nice name.

TabletWizard is a little too product oriented. I'm guessing you own ShapelyChic and not ShapleyChic. This is a nice name that does have some enduser potential, but it just doesn't sound very modern to me. I think shapely kind of has negative connotations when you are talking about fitness or weight loss.

Hopefully that helps.

•••
Thanks Michael, good comments. My original thoughts were:

BabyFuzz - Baby services and products especially clothing. It's memorable and has good imagery.
Netrapy - Is for Internet Therapy and counseling which is a niche but growing industry
UpStartSmart - Childrens education, books, day care etc.
ShapleyChic -- Plus sized women's clothing is a solid niche market.
TabletWizard - Tablet products or repair services.
RegenLift - Skin care products and treatments, cosmetic surgery

Those were my original thoughts but as you say they apply to niche markets and are not a good fit for BB. And yes StartUpSmart instead of UpStartSmart would greatly widen the application and value of that name. And lastly, brain training is a growing online industry but as you say the ID in MemoryID doesn't quite match up.

Again thanks for your insightful critique. It's very helpful! :laugh:

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back