Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks Dr Anthony. I'm sure (hope) there is just a bit of confusion but you said a $275 discrepancy??

You've given us half of the figures so I'm guessing the sale price was $3,715 (-$1,115 commission - $100 logo = $2,500 your take home).

Are you saying they sold the name for $3,990? Being the $3,715 I worked out plus your $275 discrpancy?

$5 off, but yes. 3995
I had to modify my quote because with all the numbers/math, it was flagged as spam.

•••
I'm really sorry to hear that. Email them, I'm sure it's a genuine error. Feel free to quote my figures above if it helps. Please let us know how it works out.

•••
Question?
  1. If your domains are accepted on brandbucket do you have to be exclusive or can you also post on other platforms?
  2. Upon approval, can you set your own price? what are the options?
  3. 30% is a huge commission; based on your experience.. do you or others make alot of sales on there?

•••
BB usually rounds up in their favor. They always short me $2-$3 per sale but I've never said anything.
But $275 is worth saying something.

PS- I wish they would would inform sellers IF the domain sells for a discount, because they DONT they just pay you and expect you to figure out if they did or not.

•••
$5 off, but yes. 3995
I had to modify my quote because with all the numbers/math, it was flagged as spam.
Contact the buyer once the WHOIS is updated?

•••
Has anyone noticed the large group of logo look-alike's on the front page? A small square box with rounded corners to the left of the logo. The inside the box part varies, but there are 8 of the first 15 that are that way. Clearly one designer found a formula he/she likes, but there needs to be more variability IMO.

•••
Just reached 60 approved.
8 approved out of my last 16. Not too bad ratio.
Question?
  1. If your domains are accepted on brandbucket do you have to be exclusive or can you also post on other platforms?
  2. Upon approval, can you set your own price? what are the options?
  3. 30% is a huge commission; based on your experience.. do you or others make alot of sales on there?

1. It is exclusive to BB.
2. No. You can play with the price +/- 20% of the value they set.
3. 30% is quite standard. Other marketplaces are mostly all between 20-30% also. For sales, some here have success, others dont.

•••
I allowed 0% leeway and 100 to the designer.

They originally emailed me saying it was a 2000 offer. I said "I won't sell for anything less than 2500 take home"

They then said the name sold and told me my take home was in fact $2500. I asked a few times via email, and they refused to answer. I created that thread, and I mysteriously get an email several minutes later with the amount. They now tell me what it sold for, but there is a $275 discrepancy. So who was going to pocket the difference? Certainly not me. Certainly not the buyer.

Congrats on your sale!

$275+ is a big difference, BB should tell sales price at-least to sellers if the name sold by negotiation.

Hope this will not repeat again.

Congrats again! :)

•••
Contact the buyer once the WHOIS is updated?
Nah, no need. I know what it sold for, and I know who the buyer is. It wasn't difficult to find out when the .net of the domain name was registered 3 days prior to me receiving the original email ;)

The buyer found the domain through them. They deserve the commission. No question about that. What I don't like is being deceived.

•••
Just reached 60 approved.
8 approved out of my last 16. Not too bad ratio.

1. It is exclusive to BB.
2. No. You can play with the price +/- 20% of the value they set.
3. 30% is quite standard. Other marketplaces are mostly all between 20-30% also. For sales, some here have success, others dont.
Exclusive to brandBucket meaning I am not allowed to post the name on other marketplaces?

•••
•••
Exclusive to brandBucket meaning I am not allowed to post the name on other marketplaces?

Yes, not allowed to sale through other marketplace.
BUT .. BB allows you to sell the name to another BB user and transfer it to his/her account. But that is of course with reseller price, usually between $20-100.

•••
I'm sorry for the confusion. I can assure you that there was no intent to deceive. We would be happy to show you the Stripe receipt of the charge.

FYI... We are in the process of completely redoing the seller's dashboard that will rectify this issue, and add many other features. We are currently in the testing phase, so it will hopefully be finished sooner rather than later.

And congrats on your sale; it is a very nice name!

•••
Nah, no need. I know what it sold for, and I know who the buyer is. It wasn't difficult to find out when the .net of the domain name was registered 3 days prior to me receiving the original email ;)

The buyer found the domain through them. They deserve the commission. No question about that. What I don't like is being deceived.
Actually the buyer probably just followed the link when they typed in the name so they made 30% commission for doing absolutely nothing.

•••
Actually the buyer probably just followed the link when they typed in the name so they made 30% commission for doing absolutely nothing.
You're probably 100% correct :)

•••
•••
So I hadn't submitted any domains for a while since I had 13 in pending and they wouldn't let me submit anymore. But I checked a few days ago and they let me submit some more. SO far with the new ones I am 13 out of 23 (56.5%) - but as usual some of my favorites were actually rejected (no loss, I am selling more outside BB)..

...but the more important number is that I now have 26 pending. I won't pay the $10 to list a domain on a platform that I am not convinced is worth it. I'd like to list them, but $260 is a lot to flush. I'd really like to see numbers showing that domains are selling consistently for all users and that the bloat in listing numbers isn't watering down the sales of all but the largest accounts.

Honestly, though, BrandBucket has an easy chance to make $260 this week just by convincing me. And I'm sure that I'm not the only one. I've been a BB supporter in general, but with all the pleas for convincing numbers, I just don't see why they don't produce something - unless there isn't anything to produce... just my thoughts that I hope Michael and BB can answer...

•••
In the Forbes article it is written BB sold over 2500 in 6 years. That is about 1.1 per day.

•••
In the Forbes article it is written BB sold over 2500 in 6 years. That is about 1.1 per day.
Thanks for sharing that. It is odd to me that it was shared with Forbes but not even included in stats given to their sellers when asked for... I'd really like some hard numbers to chew on to help establish the value they are actually providing. Right now I am selling far more without their help...

Thanks!

•••
Hi Everyone,
I had a short dry spell, but I just sold V*I*B*E*L*I*G*H*T.

@svede
I think the buying season is picking up right now, so if I were you I would get your names published.

•••
OK, I have 4 domains live for now - while first 3 logos were OK but the last one is just plain ugly (and looks like it took 3 min. to make) :guilty:

The red / green combination is not very appealing - and that's with the "candle" thingy? Or is it a leaf?
I think I rather just do it myself even if I lose $100

And is eating the only theme you can think of?

What do you think? (don't be afraid to be brutally honest - you won't hurt my feelings ;) )

Last edited:
•••
OK, I have 4 domains live for now - while first 3 logos were OK but the last one is just plain ugly (and looks like it took 3 min. to make) :guilty:

The red / green combination is not very appealing - and that's with the "candle" thingy? Or is it a leaf?

What do you think?

I find the logo simply cute; and it is listed on the first page. Sometimes simple is best. Most of my buyers still use the original logo which I did not like, and some other buyers slightly changed it.

You can always open a ticket here and request/suggest changes.

•••

What do you think?

I think it's good. You have to struggle to read many of the logos and with yours it is so big and bold and easy to read.

•••
•••

What do you think?

I think that the logos are a visualisation of potential that help buyers to get thinking. I don't think BB should waste time redoing them unless they are difficult to read.

I've made one request for a logo change, and I took it back when I realized the name was sitting top middle on the site, for quite some time too.

Don't think of these logos as logos is my suggestion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back