IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So my name that went live yesterday...how can i find that name on the site?

It's not on the front page "All Names".

Where is it? Thanks.
Were you able to sell your brandbucket portfolio finally?

•••
•••
So "all names" is not "all names"?

And "staff picks" is something else all-together?

•••
You can find your name in "All Names" if you search for it manually but BrandBucket selects the names that show in the front page. If your name is in "Staff Picks" it's highly likely that it is also in the front page of "All Names".

•••
You can find your name in "All Names" if you search for it manually but BrandBucket selects the names that show in the front page. If your name is in "Staff Picks" it's highly likely that your name will also be in the front page of "All Names".

So on what page typically would a new name that wasn't chosen by the staff fall on if you just go straight back in "all names"?

I guess i'm asking what the programming logic is. The list is probably formed by featured names first and then the list of new non-featured names appears, probably a thousand or so back? Just a guess...but I'm wondering if anyone knows.

•••
So on what page typically would a new name that wasn't chosen by the staff fall on if you just go straight back in "all names"?

I guess i'm asking what the programming logic is. The list is probably formed by featured names first and then the list of new non-featured names appears, probably a thousand or so back? Just a guess...but I'm wondering if anyone knows.
Yeah that's a good guess. :)

•••
Select Date added option. Then you would see your domain.

•••
I know this place isn't the right place to ask this question and I apologize.

I had a brandable name in mind, out of curiosity I decided to google search and I discovered it was only in use by a twitter user. Should I still hand reg it?

•••
Go to Beginners or Discussion, there are too many back and forths to get the answer you want here. Good luck.

•••
zmarty.PNG
Gaxter.PNG

Every now and then, I notice premium logos. I imagine I'm a bit biased towards those with mascots.

Is there a way to request a logo designer?

I also imagine BB would raise the logo fee from $100 to $200 when these domains sell if I requested. I would gladly pay $200 pay all BB logos with Mascots, is there a way? besides becoming a designer myself

•••
Is it allowed after a while to resubmit names that were initally rejected?

If yes.
Have you ever done it?
Did they accept it the second time?
How long to you wait before resubmitting?

Thanks for sharing.

•••
Being that I ALWAYS subscribe to the "beg forgiveness rather than ask permission" camp, I have done this. But the results were the same. At least when I did it in bulk. I have had much better luck on simply disputing a specific name and asking them to reconsider.

•••
I know this place isn't the right place to ask this question and I apologize.

I had a brandable name in mind, out of curiosity I decided to google search and I discovered it was only in use by a twitter user. Should I still hand reg it?

Did you do a TM search? If it's unencumbered, then I certainly wouldn't let a Twitter use discourage me from registering a good name.

•••
Did you do a TM search? If it's unencumbered, then I certainly wouldn't let a Twitter use discourage me from registering a good name.
That's not what he meant. He asked if the fact that the name is ONLY in use by a twitter user means his name is bad/not worth to register.

By the way, if you're already talking about TMs, do you know if there is an option to run a bulk TM search? I have a long list of brandables I want to register but I didn't think of doing a TM search for those I found when I started the list..

Last edited:
•••
That's not what he meant. He asked if the fact that the name is ONLY in use by a twitter user means his name is bad/not worth to register.

And thats what I answered.

By the way, if you're already talking about TMs, do you know if there is an option to run a bulk TM search? I have a long list of brandables I want to register but I didn't think of doing a TM search for those I found when I started the list..

I think you could put more than one word into the WIPO site, but I think the results could get murky for a name with lots of possibilities. Remember with TM search it takes some human intervention as often it is not a clear cut yes or no. It's unlike, for example, a domain search that either is or is not available. You have to check status, possibly research some more. Then you have to look at the registered use and see if there is room for your potential use, or any potential non-competing use. What size is the registrant, what countries etc. I prefer one at a time for that reason.

•••
I have resubmitted names to brandbucket after a few months and had many accepted the second time. I only learned about it after selling a few rejects here on namepros and then seeing them listed as "accepted" in my BB submitted names. Oh well.... now I resubmit names I really like every few months.

•••
Two good sales in November: q u a z o r, and bo n v e ra . Hoping for a good year end.

•••
Sold one last week, News*****.com.

Surprised they picked it in the first place, but they have an eye for these things.

•••
This re-submitting names, do they state this is ok or does it just happen?

•••
I thought they did not allow that?

•••
I haven't tried re-submitting to BB but I have asked for a name to be reconsidered. BB was quick and gracious in their response, and did accept it second time around.

•••
I made a mistake of submitting 190 names at once. I guess BB got quite choosy and weird and chose just 17.

They chose limoly, sitly, but did not regionly, riotly or chessly
Chose SentryFund, but not SentryNews
Chose repliers, but not reuniter
Some other names they did not choose:
promorates, proearner, profitix, generalinfo, personaltools, musicarea, mediavi, gymfy, siteprices, sharific, teledramas, tastry, SportHat, translatic, webadvising.

They even did not like NobleMetal (gold, platinum etc.)... I wonder who exactly makes the selection.

And out of 17 there are some that I don't want to add at their suggested prices, but don't see the option to remove the approved, but not paid. Is it possible? How?

Another thing. One name I was trying to add showed as already in BB. How do I add it to my portfolio as the new owner?

•••
you can always send them an email to put it in your profile..

I got a bunch of names listed . but have to say .. most of the logos are beyond cheap unfortunately.. yes I chose 100$ as for a random logo as I dont think it's not worth more. and have chosen 200$ in the past and got a crappy logo that was wrose than most at 100$ .. Some of them are fairly decent

•••
Sold StartFaster/com. Sold 12 names and have another 112 listed at this moment.

•••
Just had my first sale! I'm so happy!

I will reveal the name after I receive the payment. I love you BrandBucket! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back