NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Michael M

Can you give an example of a market place that you know of that needed to stop accepting merchandise that buyers want?

eBay?
Amazon?
GoDaddy?
Etsy?
SEDO?

Because I have never heard of a marketplace that caters to its sellers suggestions to stop accepting merchandise. (besides illegal stuff)

Brand Bucket is breaking records year after year and sometimes month after month. How is that a sinking ship? Like any successful business, BB is growing. Brand new names are selling, as well as names that have been listed for years! Great names sell!... its just a matter of time!

Cheers!

•••
People think Brandable names in .com are endless product, just get creative with it.

It is not true though. I estimate that there are probably 100K-200K good Kw+Kw.com combos worthy of branding, plus around 100K of invented words made of very valuable word + suffix, plus around 100K of pronounceable meaningless nice 5L-7L, plus around 20K of 4L.coms that are pronounceable and will be made available to the platforms. In total, you get around 320K-500K names, half of which are either being used or reserved by people/companies and are not for sale.

So, you get 160K-250K of inventory available for the whole world and about 3-5K of these gets bought up a year shrinking year after year.

BB, BR, Namerific and private storefronts probably already have around 70K to 100K of those names and they will not be able to expand endlessly. I don't see the problem with their expansion. There are few other problems they need to address however, including the logo thing.

•••
@Michael M

Can you give an example of a market place that you know of that needed to stop accepting merchandise that buyers want?

I was not attacking BB in any way, just offering my opinion and concern - basically at my own detriment since the more names they take in the more inventory I can list there.

My concern is that what made BB so successful in the brandable industry could possibly be lost in an acceleration of inventory.

There are millions of possible domains, and a lot of us trying to sell those domains. Marketplaces like SEDO, and Afternic IMHO are so full of domain names that the type of buyer that goes to BB would be overwhelmed and look for a more customer oriented (quality vs quantity) driven marketplace to look for their domain.

I want BB to continue to be successful, so I hope my concerns are unfounded. I like their website/user interface and they offer very good support.

•••
@michaeljkrell, it would be nice if you could answer some questions:

1) Do you really think, that the seller has to pay $100 for these designs?

2) Do you really think, that the buyer will pay $2000-$3000 seeing these?

These are all very nice logos and nicer than what an enduser would end up getting spending a $100-$200 at a site like 99 designs. They are bold, easy to read, and general enough to work for a variety of different companies.

What about them isn't quality to you?

•••
they are nice but a/d/v/a/x/o is crap and i have plenty more crap logos like it

•••
These are all very nice logos
Hmmm... If I send some logos like this, you will approve my logo designer account?

Do you like the combination of these colors? Do you like the same font on dozens of logos?

P.S. Is possible to change/replace with different/my own logos?

Anyway, thank you for answer, Michael...

•••
@michaeljkrell whats a guy supposed to do when he has a crap logo. How is this fair to the seller who paid the listing fee and has to pay the renewal fee and has to give your company exclusivity. The name might sit on the shelf until it dies. Can there be a option to change the logo if its crap?

I would also think that brandbucket would want better quality for the buyers aswell.

•••
@Michael M

Brand Bucket's growth is an indicator of it's success/appeal. It is THE go-to brandable marketplace! BB is heavily invested in advertising and marketing, creating demand and trying to keep up with it. The back-end search function is constantly evolving to help buyers find what they need faster, regards of the inventory size. While at the same time giving buyers a nice selection of options based on their search.

Brand Bucket is all about helping its sellers, become better and more successful! Please reach out if you ever have questions at all!

•••
Following a lull that came after 5 nice sales at open of year I've notched another sale in last few days:

* S * T * A * C * K * G * R * I * D * . * C * O * M *

•••
•••
Following a lull that came after 5 nice sales at open of year I've notched another sale in last few days:

* S * T * A * C * K * G * R * I * D * . * C * O * M *

Good one, Congrats!

•••
Hmmm... If I send some logos like this, you will approve my logo designer account?

Yes, if you submitted logos of a similar quality, we would accept you as a designer.

@imadoer I took a look at your portfolio and I think your logos look good. Advaxo kind of has a cool 16-bit vibe to it. If you feel a logo is particularly egregious and is not clear enough to read, you can email [email protected] and we will take another look at it.

•••
You speak like a domain veteran who makes most of his via inbound queries so it will be difficult convincing you. Let's say buy 50 domains via Domain.com or Dotster for $100. I could sell it on Flippa for roughly $1000 - $2000. This equates to having a job.

Plus what I am talking about is Flipping. Huge Difference. Most of Flippers have other jobs too.
How can you buy 50 domains on domain.com for $100? With coupons?

•••
They have a sale every other month. The even had one 2 weeks ago.

•••
•••
@michaeljkrell, it would be nice if you could answer some questions:

1) Do you really think, that the seller has to pay $100 for these designs?

2) Do you really think, that the buyer will pay $2000-$3000 seeing these?

44014_990d6cf30bb63d43ccf6ce5d23187dd7.png

1) No, why should you pay $100 for bold text? You can't tell them apart.

2) A buyer may pay $2000 - $3000 for the domain name, but they'd be foolish to retain the logo.

These are all very nice logos and nicer than what an enduser would end up getting spending a $100-$200 at a site like 99 designs. They are bold, easy to read, and general enough to work for a variety of different companies.

giphy.gif

Is there anything unique about these logos? Does it not look like the same font to you? As a seller, when we see 5+ domains published at once and we can't tell them apart, this is a problem. It's like the designer has a default bold font, add's some vector colors for an image, then repeats this process for every logo they do.

Furthermore, to go as far and say these are better designs than something you'd pay $100 - $200 from 99Designs.com is a blatant lie. I can understand you wanting to stand behind your company's work, but to go as far as degrading another company is beneath BrandBucket. Rather than making excuses, please focus on the quality issue at hand. Your sellers are losing faith in your designers. Improvise, adapt, and overcome, or you will no longer be THE brandable marketplace. - I say that out of love.

Logo's from 99 Designs.com

99d.PNG

Logos from BrandRoot.com
brandroot.PNG

Logos from Namerific.com
Nr.PNG

I scraped the logo's from domains that BrandBucket sold this month, and it'd be far fetched to say the logos @Simdes provided is what your customers buy. There are a few low quality logo's mixed in the sales, but for the most part the common factor to your sales is a quality logo. It's almost like you're allowing these poor logo's on your marketplace just to make the other domains look good. Please @michaeljkrell take this constructively. I have a BrandBucket portfolio with premium logo's. I sell off the domains with bad logo's and lately, I've been noticing the domains I resell as BrandBucket accept are published with embarrassing logo's. I say this because there is obviously an issue with quality control.

In consideration of other sellers, I won't paste the scraped logo's publicly on this forum. I'll post the logo's of my last 2 sales.

ki.PNG
rep.PNG

I thank BrandBucket for creating these unique logo's that helped sell my domains. R/e/p/i/q is still using the logo BrandBucket provided. Proving a good logo adds value to the domain purchase. These logo's are obviously more unique than the logo's @Simdes screenshot. How can you do him a disservice with poor logo's, then tell him there's nothing wrong with the quality??

Anyway, thank you for answer, Michael...

Obviously, I'm grilled about this whole issue. How do we move forward when I can't trust BrandBucket's logo designers to consistently provide quality logo's? Based on what other members have said, I think the best option to sell on BrandBucket is to have our own logo designer so we can approve the quality. Obviously, BrandBucket and I have different views on the definition of logo quality.

I have some friends who are graphic designers. I mentioned I have hundreds of brandable domains that need designs. They are excited because this job is more than $5 each per logo. I mean if that's all the incentive to be a designer, why not spend 5 minutes doing a low quality logo and knock out 12 per hour thus yielding $60 an hour! My friends being students, are building their design portfolio. Anytime they can publish a live logo design, it adds to their portfolio. Furthermore the incentive to providing a quality logo is beyond monetary. Simply put, when a domain sells, and the buyer decides to retain the logo, they now have a stronger portfolio as they can say they did the logo for X company.

How can I begin submitting logo's? Will the amount I pay for logo be discounted in the listing fee? ie $5 listing fee's and no logo design award if I submit my own logos?

Last edited:
•••
Let's braninstorming about qaffo.com

1) Main idea: what is your first association? Qaffo... qaffo... For me is coffee, cafe, caffeine etc... If you have no association, you always can read description: "...name that plays on the word 'cafe'". So, we can assume, the basic idea is the cafe, coffee, caffeine...

2) Main figure: designer sees something like a square or rectangular star. This is exaclty like... like... coffee cup! No... coffee cup must be round... So, this like... coffee bean... No, coffee bean is not square also... This is like... like... Yes! This is like window in coffee shop! Everything looks perfect...

3) Main colors: designer sees some red, green-blue and violet. This like... This like... I have no idea...

@michaeljkrell, do you continue to believe that it is "very nice logo"? Do you see there is no problem?

P.S. I have about 50 approved names, but I do not want to publish with design like this.

•••
P.S. I have about 50 approved names, but I do not want to publish with design like this.

Send me your list, maybe I can make offer if I like any of the names.

•••
Brand Bucket is all about helping its sellers, become better and more successful! Please reach out if you ever have questions at all!

@Domainzy Please improve BrandBucket's logo quality issue.

I suggest:
Add an upload feature so we can submit out own logo's.
Subsidize our costs by providing $5 listing fee's and $0 Logo award

Something BrandBucket does, that other marketplaces don't, is you provide us with a custom URL which we can use to market to endusers. I leverage this link to educate the enduser of the current marketprice for brandable domains. My hopes is for the domain presentation (logo + description) to sell my enduser on a domain priced more than the domain they inquired about. I want to be proud of the logo's I offer, and frankly, I'm more proud of the logo's I have with Namerific and BrandRoot. We can change this by allowing us to upload our own logo's and/or with better logo quality control.

•••

I stand with Simdes. I have 90 approved names, but I don't want to publish with said designs.

Brandroot might take them. They don't have issues with logo quality. In the instance you're not satisfied, they have measures in place to correct it.

Additionally, Brandroot now easily allows resellers to push domains to other resellers. They have improvised, adapted, and overcame. Will BrandBucket?

br.PNG

Last edited:
•••
Send me your list, maybe I can make offer if I like any of the names.
Sorry, I have no plans to sell at this time. I hope that BrandBucket will solve this problem.

@Domainzy Please improve BrandBucket's logo quality issue.
Another suggestion: create some "priority list" and allow to seller choose their favorite designers. I ready set higher award or wait more time, but get high quality design. This may be "black list" at least to keep domains away from low quality designers.

•••
I think you guys are crazy to tweak out on the logos like this. I've had one or two out of 200 that I thought were really "bad" but my strategy is to just keep moving, getting quality names submitted, accepted, and published, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

•••
•••
I think you guys are crazy to tweak out on the logos like this. I've had one or two out of 200 that I thought were really "bad" but my strategy is to just keep moving, getting quality names submitted, accepted, and published, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

I haven't looked at it, but my guts tell me to trust GJ's observation that among those sold the ones with better/unique designs had better ratio than the total population.

I would also like to get a link to Michael's portfolio to see the quality of logos there.

Regardless if GJ is right, there is a conflict of interest that BB staff is also competing with its sellers so everyone should be on the level ground and BB should avoid a situation where such suspicions might arise. They should also allow for rating the logos by owners so that they can trace and see which designers are doing poor/mass/ugly job and have an incentive system for better work, like monthly $1000 budget for top 5 designers per ratings.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back