NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@hookbox I agree that this is an issue. However, BrandBucket is a marketplace with an exclusive inventory 27 000 “hand-picked” brandable domains, and they are in a position to negotiate a lower commission fee than 20%.

It's unlikely that HugeDomains pay a 20% commission fee to their partners.

Regular Domain Name Sales commission used to be 12.5% (for brokered names). At the same time, Domain Name Sales had a deal with GoDaddy, so that DNS listed names showed up in the GD registrar path. DNS sales that originated from a GD lead had a 20% commission, so GoDaddy got a 7.5% commission on those sales, not 20%. DNS reported getting 30% more inbound sales leads after the GD integration was implemented.

The DNS direct partnership with GD has ended, but they still offer name syndication with Domain Tools. Domain Tools get a 5% commission on the leads they provide.

BrandBucket could work out similar partnerships.

If domain syndication would incur a higher commission, it should of course of be an voluntary opt-in option, that each BB could decide to use.

I would opt-in if the total commission on sales originating from outside of BB was say 35% instead of 30%, since it likely would lead to sales that would not have happened otherwise.

While BB probably does not want to give up too much of their current commission, they could consider taking home say 2.5-5% less than they normally do on such leads. For example, the domain owner pays 35% on a sale originating from outside of BrandBucket, and BB get 27.5% and the third party get 7.5%).

I just wanted to put this out there, as BB has previously experimented with selling names on Flippa. However, BB names are end-user names, not domain investor names, so I don’t think Flippa is a good match, but if the names showed up in the registrar path, it would put the domains in front of additional end-users.

•••
Hi, Arca,

Thank you for the suggestion. We have previously looked into these type of relationships, but we didn't feel that these partnerships matched our long-term vision. We are always searching for strategic partnerships, so if you think of anything else, please let me know!

•••
@hookbox I agree that this is an issue. However, BrandBucket is a marketplace with an exclusive inventory 27 000 “hand-picked” brandable domains, and they are in a position to negotiate a lower commission fee than 20%.

It's unlikely that HugeDomains pay a 20% commission fee to their partners.

Regular Domain Name Sales commission used to be 12.5% (for brokered names). At the same time, Domain Name Sales had a deal with GoDaddy, so that DNS listed names showed up in the GD registrar path. DNS sales that originated from a GD lead had a 20% commission, so GoDaddy got a 7.5% commission on those sales, not 20%. DNS reported getting 30% more inbound sales leads after the GD integration was implemented.

The DNS direct partnership with GD has ended, but they still offer name syndication with Domain Tools. Domain Tools get a 5% commission on the leads they provide.

BrandBucket could work out similar partnerships.

If domain syndication would incur a higher commission, it should of course of be an voluntary opt-in option, that each BB could decide to use.

I would opt-in if the total commission on sales originating from outside of BB was say 35% instead of 30%, since it likely would lead to sales that would not have happened otherwise.

While BB probably does not want to give up too much of their current commission, they could consider taking home say 2.5-5% less than they normally do on such leads. For example, the domain owner pays 35% on a sale originating from outside of BrandBucket, and BB get 27.5% and the third party get 7.5%).

I just wanted to put this out there, as BB has previously experimented with selling names on Flippa. However, BB names are end-user names, not domain investor names, so I don’t think Flippa is a good match, but if the names showed up in the registrar path, it would put the domains in front of additional end-users.
Comparing BrandBuckets 27,000 names to HugeDomains 1,000,000 names is no comparison. Of course HugeDomains doesn't pay 20%. 27,000 names isn't enough to try and get a better commission rate. It's not even close. Do you really think any of the big players are going to reduce their commission on only 27,000 names from 20% to 7.5%? LOL

•••
@michaeljkrell

Other possible strategic partnerships may include the popular websites out there that run TV commercials for building and hosting Company Websites. If these types of services would educate the end user on the true value of a brandable domain name and then offer them the option to browse your selection it could lead to more customer awareness and sales.

•••
Thanks, Michael! We have partnered with and advertised with media services directed at startups and entrepreneurs, and are always open to others. Feel free to PM me any sites/services you think would work.

•••
@michaeljkrell Could you elaborate on why BB feels like such partnerships do not match your long-term vision? I’m sure you can get some great suggestions from members here if you provide some more details about what you are aiming for. Without knowing anything specific about why you think this would not work, and which long-term visions such partnerships do not fit, it is more difficult to suggest something else along the same lines.

•••
I think partnering with internet marketers could work. BB could get so many links for a long term.
StartupBros.com , JeffBullas.com , eatmywords.com etc

Also why not bring them as a brandbucket ambassador like choosing internet marketers from different niches.

•••
Yippee, my first ever BB published domain is live :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
@hookbox I agree that this is an issue. However, BrandBucket is a marketplace with an exclusive inventory 27 000 “hand-picked” brandable domains,

The exclusive inventory of 27,000 brandable domains is “hand-picked” in about 5% - 10% ...

•••
@Arca We feel that interspersing our names on other platforms takes away from our brand and the resources that go into our marketing, logo designs, and write-ups. Also, the fact that the names on our site are only available through BrandBucket creates a great deal of customer loyalty, and we become the place where serial entrepreneurs go to name their next project. Our number of repeat buyers is significant.

We feel it is best to work with partners that have a similar user/customer demographic because we see as those resulting in the biggest gains down the road.

Thanks for the suggestions @Azwan Asban We will take a closer look at them!

•••
or partner with top influencer or angel investor like Neil Patel(Quicksprout) , Sean ellis(GrowthHackers) , Brian Halligan(hubspot) etc etc

•••
I also have a few ideas about advertising BB:
- Partnership with the most popular startup name generator sites, e.g. link link link link link
- Partnership with Angel.co (many of their visitors do not have a startup yet but want to build one, and many have a startup without a name/site)

•••
Anyone have any recent sales to share?

•••
BB Mar.png
Anyone have any recent sales to share?

This may Look Intresting :D For March 2016 Note: Accuracy may or may not be 100%

Last edited:
•••
The attachment does not open.

•••
•••
How many names does M.Krell have out of 27000+ domains?

This could be unbelievably bad no matter how you look at it. Michael has 19/90 sales or around 21% of sales.

I highly doubt he has 5500+ domains on BB.

Also, can someone shed light from the above other sellers, who would also be staff and/or ambassador and the size of their holdings?

I am afraid, after splitting affiliated from non-affiliated, the ratio for independent sellers might be around just 2% annualized, while for insiders that ratio could be in 10-20% ranges in aggregate making the misleading 4% overall sales ratio that many found attractive.

•••

This could be unbelievably bad no matter how you look at it. Michael has 19/90 sales or around 21% of sales.

Also, can someone shed light from the above other sellers, who would also be staff and/or ambassador and the size of their holdings?

I am afraid, after splitting affiliated from non-affiliated, the ratio for independent sellers might be around just 2% annualized, while for insiders that ratio could be in 10-20% ranges in aggregate making the misleading 4% overall sales ratio that many found attractive.

Politely ask the top sellers their size of the holdings on BB if they are generous they should let you know as we are all one peaceful family. However, if they don't you can kindly let me know.

•••

Michael Krell profile on BB = 4,548 domains

https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/mediaplow

•••
Michael Krell profile on BB = 4,548 domains

https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/mediaplow

Thanks. It is not that bad then.

Mr Krell's stats: 5% annualized sale rate.
Everyone else excluding Mr.Krell: 3.7% annualized sale rate.

Still interesting to recalculate this after all insider's portfolios and sales are grouped together and compare it to independent sellers.

For example, if 50% of all domains are affiliated and all of them sell at Mr Krell's rate, for the rest of the field that would mean 2.8% sales rate.

•••
2 more sales in the last few days....
1 at BB and 1 at BR.

•••
Had 3 sales in the last two weeks of March.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back