Dynadot

Building a Flash Video Player Part 1

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Building a Flash Video Player Part 1

Here will be build a flash video play. We will start off with compressing a video to work in our video player using Flash to create the flv file.

1. Start off by getting yourself a .mov (quicktime movie).

2. Once you have the, open your Flash MX 2004 program and open a new fla.

3. Hit command/control + R to bring up the import dialog box and navigate to the .mov you had gotten in step 1 and press import.

4. You will then come upon a dialog box like below. The default radio button checked is Embed video in Macromedia Flash documents, keep that and hit next.

img42c432c23adac.png

5. Keep the default check radio labeled import the entire video. hit next.

6. This next panel is asking you what download you would like you video to be compressed for. I keep the 256, you can choose another if you choose. hit finished.

img42c433aa7a134.png

7. At this point the video will be importing your mov. Depending on your computer speed and the size of the file, this can take a few minutes. Once it is completed, you will get a pop-up warning box telling you that the video requires more frames. check the box "Don't show me this message agian." then hit yes.

8. Open up your library (command/control + L) and click on the video that is in the library and bring up the properties box. (below)

img42c4353e07562.png

9. With the properties box open (above), click on the export button.

10. With the save dialog box open, create a folder where ever you want, name your flv, i am naming it test.flv, and save it in that folder.

11. After it is finished working, hit ok and then close the fla you are working in. Don't have to save it if you don't want to.

Well, that is it for this tutorial. Next one this series will go over how to get the flv you just created to play.

cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice
waiting for the part 2 :D

•••
Great tut! B-)
Look forward to part 2!

•••
Hopefully I'll use it if I ever learn flash :(

•••
this's cool! now i can get all my .mov videos of friends into flash!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back