IT.COM

question Can a non-US Trademark holder claim infringement and dispute?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
I have a domain name which is related to a business in Dubai. And mine is a short EMD name compared to the one they are using now.
If I approach them for domain sale, can that be used as a 'wrongful purpose' of domain registration and use that as a reason to claim it?
Are the Wipo dispute terms only about USPTO trademarks or other countries/Dubai too have similar things?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I have a domain name which is related to a business in Dubai. And mine is a short EMD name compared to the one they are using now.
If I approach them for domain sale, can that be used as a 'wrongful purpose' of domain registration and use that as a reason to claim it?
Are the Wipo dispute terms only about USPTO trademarks or other countries/Dubai too have similar things?
put it on a lander with a price you can live with and if they are interested they will find it.

•••
Do not contact them and all of the ☝️

•••
Thank you all! Good that I got advise before doing so.
I dropped that idea of contacting them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back