NameSilo

Can I make my AdSense ads very similar to my menu links?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Basically they have matching colors, so without the "ads by Google" no difference at all.

Is that OK?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most definitely NOT OK to do that!

publishers participating in the AdSense program may not:
<some other items deleted> ...
  • Format ads so that they become indistinguishable from other content on that page.
  • Format site content so that it is difficult to distinguish it from ads.

If they catch you doing that you WILL get banned from the program.

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=48182 <- READ!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Its considered greyhat.
I think if you keep the colors similar but keep the ads and your content a bit apart so that they look as a different column or something then it should be better, but it is still technically wrong as per google.

•••
You don't have to go THAT far (unless you want to), but different fonts or font sizes, put enough space between them so they don't look like they're part of your navigation ...

People have been tossed from the program for having ads look like part of their site. If they don't LOOK at your site, they won't "catch" you, but you're taking a risk.

Seriously - do yourself a favor and read the program policies. The whole thing :).

•••
let's see....this what I did:

htbg3n.jpg

How is that?

Thanks , rep on your way guys :)

•••
•••
That looks fine. There's no issue, it's clearly an ad bar not a nav bar :)

•••
•••
oh well that`s what I meant, it was that way at the first attempt...ok good I'll go ahead thanks everyone!

•••
I would use the sites background color also as the color of the ads background.

•••
thats perfectly fine. There is a huge difference between the two. You are very safe.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back