Domain Empire

question Can I purchase with "good as gold" of Godaddy?

NameSilo
Watch

Denismth

Established Member
Impact
Was just curious to know if I can pay with "good as gold" of Godaddy!
I went through the process of buying a domain and Godaddy has only Paypal and credit card option. It doesn't have "good as gold" option.

Anyone has any experience with this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
No I haven't. Do you mean I will see the third option (good as gold) in addition to Paypal and Credit card if I have one?

•••
This is what I thought. I wanted to use only Godaddy for domain purchases and list the domains elesewhere. If I sell anything in Godaddy, I will keep the money like "good as gold" and buy with it domains to fill up my portfolio. I also can send the money to my bank account from "Good as gold" earnings if I want to. So the cycle continues without using Paypal or credit card.

Last edited:
•••
Was just curious to know if I can pay with "good as gold" of Godaddy!
I went through the process of buying a domain and Godaddy has only Paypal and credit card option. It doesn't have "good as gold" option.

Anyone has any experience with this?

Hi @Denismth, yes - once you've set up GoDaddy's Good as Gold as a payment option, you will be able to use it to purchase through GoDaddy. There's a helpful guide with more information available here.

•••
I read it. thank you and it should work. I will try it.

•••
At the GD cart, Paypal may be dispalyed by default (same thing on my end), but instead of selecting it you should click below it where it says "I'm Ready to Pay", on the next page you'll see the "Payment" section which you can "edit", and then the good as gold option will be displayed along with your balance there. Hope it helps:]

•••
•••
No I can't see it. Maybe you saw it because your "good as gold" is set up. Mine is not set up.

Last edited:
•••
@Denismth, make sure to read the above help-page link. You probably did not set up "good as gold" (will call it GAG) - which is just your balance/money at Godaddy. You can get GAG by depositing money into it, through a bank transfer (and there's no point in doing that as you can simply use your credit card at checkout), or if you sell a domain, you can transfer the money into your GAG balance as mentioned. If you haven't done so, then you don't have GAG balance. Once you sell, you can do that (instead of transferring it to your bank/paypal etc.)

•••
Yea that is what I thought. I haven't set it up in the first place. My intention is to sell some domain/s via Godaddy, deposit the earning as "good as gold" and spend it from there. Since I only sold a domain via godaddy only once and withdrawn the money, I can't set it up right now. I will as soon as I sell a domain via godaddy. I have no intention of wiring money to my GAG account.

I just want to cycle the money. Sell a domain >>> money in GAG >>> spend the money from there for domain purchses and renewals.

•••
If you sold a domain on Afternic, GAG unable on godaddy account.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back