NameSilo

opinion Caution about Emojis and their Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
When the email showed up in my Gmail inbox today, the subject line looked like this:
emoji-email.jpg
That’s what it looked like in MailChimp, too. Then I opened the email and the subject line looked like this:
emoji-email-2.jpg

Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So the emojis look different depending on the mail client? Oh oh better be careful. Regular text also looks different depending on the font style being used, should we use caution there too? Silly little article.

Just a year ago it was the Emojis Taking Over article to become the most popular emoji thread on NP:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/emoji-could-soon-take-over-domain-names-cnet.980832/

I think we've thrown caution to the wind..:lookaround:

•••
•••
I saw an emoji domain being auctioned once. It's was a headset one. No bites. And definitely no stampede to get it.

When will this emoji thing take off? In done following hypes and fads just curious.

•••
When will this emoji thing take off? In done following hypes and fads just curious.
Only you can answer that, Avtar. If you want to make the flight, you have to jump on the plane.

(Just make sure to bring a parachute)

•••
emoji domains is a joke, and I like to separate business from jokes, I mean, here the only one who has fun is the registrar

•••
I'm actually more interested in emojis taking off so maybe if that gets cooking finally idn.com will get gas.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back