Domain Empire

Chat Error! Please help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I hope this is right place to ask about this problem....
Can somebody tell me how to solve it... I wasn't much active on NP from last few months...I used to be on chat before many times from same connection...

Windows Firewall is disabled from my computer

What can be the reason for this.

Sorry if this has already been answered before

Could not connect to www.namepros.com:8888.

Possible reasons include:

- The chat server system at www.namepros.com is temporarily unavailable.

- Your computer is behind a firewall or proxy server. Please ensure that your firewall permits outgoing TCP connections to www.namepros.com on port 8888.

Thanks alot!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hello kutchi,

The chat is definitely up and running. I am infact talking there now.

Is your internet filtered, perhaps you are at a public place, public wifi, college etc? It could be that it was allowed but the filter was updated to forbid this port.

Also, have you tried in another browser, or perhaps even try restarting your current browser. You should also check you have the latest java.

Last edited:
•••
No I am not behind proxy, not at college wifi, public place etc. Using from my own personal computer. I have chatted before from this PC many times but don't know why I am not able to get on chat from last 1-2 months, some tips how that port can be enabled? is it me who have to do this? or I should contact ISP?

Thanks

•••
kutchi said:
No I am not behind proxy, not at college wifi, public place etc. Using from my own personal computer. I have chatted before from this PC many times but don't know why I am not able to get on chat from last 1-2 months, some tips how that port can be enabled? is it me who have to do this? or I should contact ISP?

Thanks

More than likely you are behind a proxy if it is a college public connection. At my work we are behind a proxy server and if we check where our connection is coming from it pops up in random places around the country. Only way to change this to get access is to contact the network admin.

•••
Could not connect to www.namepros.com:8888.

Possible reasons include:

- The chat server system at www.namepros.com is temporarily unavailable.

- Your computer is behind a firewall or proxy server. Please ensure that your firewall permits outgoing TCP connections to www.namepros.com on port 8888.

I'm having the same issue with firefox. I'm on the pc I always use to go to namepros.

•••
Not working for me neither :S

•••
Yeah, it's actually down as of the time this is posted......perhaps it will be back soon :)

•••
For me its still not working and I can see 12 people in room

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back