Domain Empire

Chinese domain sales : Prepare for a hard landing, says Soros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Multi-billionaire investor, George Soros, is predicting a “hard landing” for China, thanks to its economy that’s in deflation.

On the other hand, Goldman Sachs Group Inc. says investors are overstating the slowdown’s impact on the world and that things will be ok.

No matter who is right and who is wrong, domain sales in China continue to attract investors and fund-funneling individuals alike.

Hong Kong fund managers started the game of LLLL .com trading over a year ago, and the spill-over effect soon incorporated lesser TLDs and 5, 6 or longer numeric domains.

At this point, we aren’t sure who will be left holding the bag, as prices are definitely dropping, according to BenMi.com.

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
... and we all know George Soros is a very experienced domain investor...

thank you domaingang for another missleading information
your humor is real strange to me

•••
Your information isn't misleading in the least so thank you for this post. We own a small hedge fund and we also own many domain names. Goldman Sachs put a number on oil at $250 a few years back-how'd that work out? Mr Soros shorted the British pound and made billions. Jim Chanos is short China in a big way. There is no way "Chinese" domains won't take a hit in this downturn-no way whatsoever.

•••
We have seen in the past a negative correlation between performances of the China stock market/economy and the influx of Chinese money in the domain world.
Domain nsmes are an altnative investment vehicle that allow Chinese people to move freely their liquidity, having no exposure to Chinese stock market and the Yuan constant devaluation.

•••
We have to be careful listen to these so called experts. Most is propaganda to push an agenda.

•••
just to clearify:
George Soros is no domain expert

so who the heck cares what he thinks of domains????

stating negative stuff that has no real value
is pure manipulation:
domaingang is no serious source of information for domainers

be aware
and do your own due dilligence

I really dont get the "joke", domaingang

•••
whats even worse, domaingang

George Soros is not even mentioning domain names-
he is talking about the chinese economics

---
"A hard landing is practically unavoidable," he said. "I’m not expecting it, I’m observing it.”
--
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...hina-call-as-markets-grapple-with-who-s-right

that will most probably be benefical for domain names as an investment

so here we all learn how to mislead people
in order to achieve what ..???..

•••
here is the real story:

http://namebio.com/?s=wMxMzMyMzM

upload_2016-1-25_15-34-19.png

•••
•••
http://www.llllsales.com/charts.php

this chart is no stock chart

a stock chart consists of real data
from automated trading systems
that has a x time line and a y value line

in order to produce a reliable chart

A) the value needs to be correct
which not always the case here
as

1) if I sell a domain to german I have to pay 19% VAT
the real price is 19% off the price that is refected in the chart
as that's what it costs to a business in germany in that case

and
B) the time line needs to be correct
which is not the case here

-as for example sedo does not report every sale

-and if so the sale is not reported in a timely manner

as
1) they don't work at the weekend and reports are not automated
2) the time of the reported sale may be delayed at the time when transfer is completed
3) that may be weeks or month later

all this infuences the chart
and makes it not comparable to stock charts at all

but even if you think of it as a stock chart
you can see a strong support at 1800 to 1900 usd

you will have a hard time to buy chips below 1800

all the best
Frank

•••
just to clearify:
George Soros is no domain expert

so who the heck cares what he thinks of domains????

stating negative stuff that has no real value
is pure manipulation:
domaingang is no serious source of information for domainers

be aware
and do your own due dilligence

I really dont get the "joke", domaingang

Soros did not say anything about domains. That is a very skillfully manipulated information above. They don't claim Soros said, yet they achieve in misleading reader to get exactly an impression that Soros talked about domains. Yet, the quote mentions him speaking about China, its economy and currency, but not about domain investments.

•••
•••
Soros did not say anything about domains. That is a very skillfully manipulated information above. They don't claim Soros said, yet they achieve in misleading reader to get exactly an impression that Soros talked about domains. Yet, the quote mentions him speaking about China, its economy and currency, but not about domain investments.
Agreed

•••
I don't think anyone has ever shown a correlation between stock markets and the domain aftermarket.

In fact, in times when US and European stock markets were down in past years, the domain market has chugged along nicely.

The domain market could be affected by any serious economic downturn, but then again almost all investments get affected in an economic downturn, not just domains. Since tech and the internet are young, growing industries, they have held up better during weak markets, and I think domains have been along for that ride.

So far in 2016 I think the domain aftermarket is doing quite well, even when there have been down days in Asian stock markets. I've been getting more inquiries from China on my short domains even on down days in the China stock market, and the inquiries are getting more frequent with higher prices being offered.

Maybe the real story is that turbulent China stock markets are making more Chinese people turn to domains as an alternate investment vehicle and store of value!

•••
I agree with you mostly, however a quick glance at the dates of these sales shows a definite downward curve in recent weeks.

Accurate, but still very understated.

4L 'chips' were approaching a $3000 floor and then all of the sudden tanked.

Right now seeing "strong support" at 1800 to 1900 USD is still a significant dent, as 4L chips continue to mirror the rise and fall of BTC.

The things being said here are the same as when BTC fell from it's peak...

This year all 4L.coms will most likely find a floor price at $700 - $800. 4L's of better quality, obviously higher - words, cvcv, popular acronyms, and strong potential brands.

•••
This year all 4L.coms will most likely find a floor price at $700 - $800.

no I think the floor price will be at $587 USd in may 17th 2016

•••

So, if you corner them, they'll say "left of the : is the topic, the right is a quote from Soros that may be relevant".

But most readers will perceive it that Soros said while discussing Chinese domain sales, which obviously did not happen. But they got the attention, media, discussion and, if they are playing the bear, also desired reaction...

•••
no I think the floor price will be at $587 USd in may 17th 2016

Well if you can't say what time on the 17th, then you obviously don't know what you're talking about! :)

•••
So, if you corner them, they'll say "left of the : is the topic, the right is a quote from Soros that may be relevant".

But most readers will perceive it that Soros said while discussing Chinese domain sales, which obviously did not happen. But they got the attention, media, discussion and, if they are playing the bear, also desired reaction...

that why they invented the "Quotation Marks"
my recommendation is to additionally use some pictures of bikini babes

•••
that why they invented the "Quotation Marks"
my recommendation is to additionally use some pictures of bikini babes

And cute animals might help as well...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back