IT.COM

域名|Chinese Perspective

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I believe only short and easy-to-remember domain names are sustainable, regardless of where in the world you live and which cultural background you come from.

Now that the Chinese domain market has become a hot topic, I myself want to understand this trend too. Is there any real meaning behind each domain name sold in China? Here, I'd like to share with you what I've found as I read the Chinese news everyday.

GZX.com
GZX can stand for 更自信 (even more self-confident) which can be used in many fields such as education, self-help, and even consumer products to raise your self image.

XLY.com
XLY can stand for 夏令营 (summer camp) or 新领域 (new field) which can be used in recreation and high-tech products.

New: Follow my blog posts on NamePros for updates.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Silentptnr Is MeiZhouHuaYu 美洲华语? That's what Baidu suggested to me.

美洲华语 means American Chinese Language. However, this "American" is generic and can refer to North American or South American. So, I couldn't figure out what this domain name really refers to. I'm not aware there is a version of Chinese language called American Chinese Language

•••
@Silentptnr Is MeiZhouHuaYu 美洲华语? That's what Baidu suggested to me.

美洲华语 means American Chinese Language. However, this "American" is generic and can refer to North American or South American. So, I couldn't figure out what this domain name really refers to. I'm not aware there is a version of Chinese language called American Chinese Language
I think this is some kind of books.
Mei Zhou Hua Yu

•••
Does anyone know the meaning of KAGONG?
Does 0022446688 have any special meaning or significance. :xf.smile:
Thanks to all.
I could not find any meaning for KAGONG. Sorry.

00446688:你你世世乐乐发发>You are forever happy and wealthy.

Well, the translation is a bit overdone, I think. Better just say the domain name in Chinese and people will notice the pattern.

•••
any meaning for
177785?
been getting lots of decent offers.
thx.

•••
Hi, what is the connection between .ch extension and China? Its a Swiss extension but is this is demand in China or people will accept it in future.

Regards and Thanks.

•••
Chinese domain investor Nan XIANG just bought PTW.com for high 6 figures RMB from a seller outside China.

PTW:葡萄网>Grape net

Source: news.ename.cn

ChinaMobi, tell me more about this dn? Thanks

99999.gold = finest gold quality you can ever get! Only 5 9's. Can not go up and can not go down.
This is extremely rare!! Only one person can own this dn. Chinese tradition when someone get married you must give 99999 of RMB. Most gift for marriages?
Gold= Also bring luck to the newlyweds.
99999.gold is the king of all numbers!!
You can not go around and add numbers. Just exactly like that.

•••
I think this is some kind of books.
Mei Zhou Hua Yu
Yes, with the help of a US map & language book images, I can understand that the name is fine. Without the context, the name by itself will be difficult to understand.

•••
@NicMarket.com I'm sorry. I'm not a domain expert so I don't know its value. However, this is what I know.

Shu:数
Ju:据
Wang:网
Luo:络

When it comes to Pinyin domain names, Chinese use jargons such as single-pin, double-pin, 3-pin, and 4-pin. The maximum number of Pinyin characters commonly used is perhaps 4-pin, and your domain name is a 4-pin.

Anyway, Baidu returns quite a lot of news pages containing 数据网络.

http://news.baidu.com/ns?ct=0&rn=50&ie=utf-8&bs=域名&rsv_bp=1&sr=0&cl=2&f=8&prevct=no&tn=news&word="数据网络"&rsv_sug3=2&rsv_n=2&rsv_sug4=675&rsv_sug2=0&inputT=923
Thanks for your opinion mate ...

•••
any meaning for
177785?
been getting lots of decent offers.
thx.
To be honest, I don't know why. But, to have some fun, I actually found some Chinese characters that rhyme with the number.

177785:要钱钱钱帮我>Want money, money, money, please help me!
177785;要妻妻妻伴我>Want wife, wife, wife, to accompany me

How about that?

•••
Hi, what is the connection between .ch extension and China? Its a Swiss extension but is this is demand in China or people will accept it in future.

Regards and Thanks.
I have not read about .ch in Chinese domain news yet. It may come. These days anything is possible.

•••
@ZapNano True. Chinese love 9 and also gold. All the best to you.

•••
•••
So has some solid future potential? Thanks.
I don't know. I'm not a domain expert. But, these days in China anything is possible.

•••
•••
Hello @ChinaMobi can you help me with this one please? 896968 does it have any good meaning?

Thanks

•••
@artstar

>Also just curious why dot co domains are not popular in China and why dotcc is?
Good question. Maybe I'll do some research and write a post on it. Thanks.

>Also are hyphens popular in the Asian market at all?
Hyphens are very common in Japan but not China. From what I read, when Pinyin characters are used, users tend not to use hyphen to delimit the characters.

•••
Hi @ChinaMobi

Can you help me on this 11 00 10 .com
I do some research it's a Shenhe postcode (but i dont now this district is big or not)

do 11 00 10 have a volume?

Thank you :)

•••
China is a strange market, I have seen many .So (Somalia) extension with good and short patterns. .So, I mean a country which is almost destroyed due to war and its extension is doing good. If this is the case. ch could really become huge in China.

•••
ChinaMobi, can you find the China current price for LLLL.top with meaning? (For example hajd.top, Henan hotels). I can't discover it.
Thank you.

•••
Hello @ChinaMobi can you help me with this one please? 896968 does it have any good meaning?

Thanks
8, 9, and 6 are liked by Chinese. Once you go beyond 3N, it becomes more and more time consuming to find meaning. I tried but could not find any. Maybe other Chinese NPers can help.

•••
I've decided to stop publishing the daily Market Watch chart because the data has been erratic in the last two days. Please read the data directly at http://www.chaomi.cc/. If you have difficulty understanding Chinese words, you are welcome to post your question here. Thank you.

•••
Please confirm KFZ meaning. Does it mean: Conficious ?

•••
TP.com was sold at Nameject auction for US$190k. TP can have the following meanings.

TP:突破>Breakthrough
TP:图片>Picture
TP:投票>Vote
TP:甜品>Dessert
TP:退票>Ticket returned

Source: news.ename.cn

•••
I've decided to stop publishing the daily Market Watch chart because the data has been erratic in the last two days. Please read the data directly at http://www.chaomi.cc/. If you have difficulty understanding Chinese words, you are welcome to post your question here. Thank you.

Erratic ?

•••
To be honest, I don't know why. But, to have some fun, I actually found some Chinese characters that rhyme with the number.

177785:要钱钱钱帮我>Want money, money, money, please help me!
177785;要妻妻妻伴我>Want wife, wife, wife, to accompany me

How about that?
Awesome!!! Thanks very much ChinaMobi for your help with this!! Both of those phrases are excellent, excellent, excellent!! Thanks again!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back