Domain Empire

域名|Chinese Perspective

Spaceship
Watch
I believe only short and easy-to-remember domain names are sustainable, regardless of where in the world you live and which cultural background you come from.

Now that the Chinese domain market has become a hot topic, I myself want to understand this trend too. Is there any real meaning behind each domain name sold in China? Here, I'd like to share with you what I've found as I read the Chinese news everyday.

GZX.com
GZX can stand for 更自信 (even more self-confident) which can be used in many fields such as education, self-help, and even consumer products to raise your self image.

XLY.com
XLY can stand for 夏令营 (summer camp) or 新领域 (new field) which can be used in recreation and high-tech products.

New: Follow my blog posts on NamePros for updates.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Kisses, thanks again for sharing your insights. Any to share on the following 4 letter combination for which I have the .com : "ZTLX"? Anything is appreciated!

•••
What can be meaning of 1788?
1788:一起发发>Let's make a fortune together

Kisses, thanks again for sharing your insights. Any to share on the following 4 letter combination for which I have the .com : "ZTLX"? Anything is appreciated!
Thanks for the romantic greeting. Whether it's kisses or not, I appreciate your humor.
ZTLX:这条路线>This route
ZTLX:组团旅行>Group travel

Last edited:
•••
•••
I like this line : the field of an underestimated force
Cheers
I like how this Chinese website uses an English 2 word brandable for its domain name:)

Last edited:
•••
Kassey, LIAN stands for what?

(Lian.com sold for over $200k on Dropcatch)

•••
•••
What's the meaning of '15' and '1515'. Thanks

•••
@Haris100

1515:要吻要吻>Want to kiss, want to kiss
1515:要玩要玩>Want to play, want to play

•••
Hi, Kassey

What does EQV means?
(EQV.com sold for $47.5K)

•••
Hi, Kassey

What does EQV means?
(EQV.com sold for $47.5K)
According to the Chinese news reported today, EQV is the abbreviation for Equivalent. So, in this case the meaning comes from an English word but not related to Pinyin words

•••
•••
Kassey-how big in your opinion will "Internet Plus" ( sort of IoT of China) become in China over the few years? We own the name YinTeWangJia.com (hopefully "Internet Plus" ) and noticed that a China company owns soemthing very close and has been buying others like it-thank you!

•••
@xinxiaoxian Good list. Thanks. Here are some of the terms, with English translations.

ZP 招聘 (hire)
XW 新闻 (news)
JR 金融 (finance)
ZN 智能 (intelligent)
CM 传媒 (media)
RX 热线 (hotline)
QC 汽车 (car)
CB 银行 (bank)
CF 财富 (wealth)
DY 第一 (number one)

Thanks Kassey! I have ZP1.com since 2000. Never knew ZP had chinese meaning of "Hire".

•••
@Haris100

1515:要吻要吻>Want to kiss, want to kiss
1515:要玩要玩>Want to play, want to play

Where can we find this info.
Is there a numeric translator?
Is there anything we can type a 4N or 5N into and get some kind of meaning from it?

•••
how big in your opinion will "Internet Plus" ( sort of IoT of China) become in China over the few years?
This is just a natural progression, similar to the introduction of electricity into our homes a hundred years ago. In the beginning electricity started for the purpose of providing light to homes, then it spread to the whole fabric of the society. In the same way, I see the Internet becoming part of the fabric of the society. Internet+ in China is about incorporating the Internet into traditional businesses.

I have ZP1.com since 2000. Never knew ZP had chinese meaning of "Hire".
ZP:招聘 should better be translated as "Recruit". "Hire" alone can be misleading. It should be "hire staff".

Where can we find this info.
Is there a numeric translator?
Is there anything we can type a 4N or 5N into and get some kind of meaning from it?
I'm not aware of any translator for that purpose. I've just finished a chart on "translating" numbers (0 to 99) to Chinese words and the blog post should be published this month earliest. This is an ongoing project and the goal is to cover up to NNNN eventually.

•••
Kassey-will .org sell in China if it's short and one word and can a great one word .org be considered a "premium"name just as a .com can ( I know the .com is always worth more) ? We have Duzhu.org (gamble/wager) Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
will .org sell in China if it's short and one word and can a great one word .org be considered a "premium"name just as a .com can
Looking at the way things are developing in China, I think short names + short extensions have the greatest potential in China. When it comes to English word, I think simple and single words such as baby, money, eat will be very popular. In fact, I think they will be more valuable than Pinyin names because the former ones are of global nature and the latter ones of local nature.

•••
Looking at the way things are developing in China, I think short names + short extensions have the greatest potential in China. When it comes to English word, I think simple and single words such as baby, money, eat will be very popular. In fact, I think they will be more valuable than Pinyin names because the former ones are of global nature and the latter ones of local nature.
Thank you Kassey-one we have is Luxing.co which we plan to hold and see how things shake out-thus the reason for our question.

•••
•••
•••
What a meaning for HG ?
From my research, a gambling company uses the HG prefix for its Chinese domains. (Gambling is illegal in China, though.)

•••
•••
Hello Kassey. I'm trying to access a Chinese online forum for domains. I already registered for an account and everytime I keep trying to make a post I get this error message. Can you please help me understand what this message means? This message pops up after I do some sort of "captcha" type system. I try to post but this message pops up. I thought maybe it posted anyways but sadly no. What the heck does this message mean? I've had other people post themselves and they aren't getting this error message. what am I doing wrong?
3391af32-9575-4379-ad84-67b42986c629-original.jpeg

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back