Dynadot

advice Chinese Trademark

Spaceship
Watch

CrocodileDundee

Top Member
Impact
I just won an expiring auction on a domain name which I found about 10 minutes before the auction ended. I was the only bidder, but with 10 minutes I wasn't able to do alot of research other than see how many tld's the domain name was registered with.

It turns out the name is trademarked in China by a chinese company who own the .org/.cc/.cn/.com.cn, the .net is registered by a Spanish company who also own the .eu and .es tld's (but no trademark). The domain name contains a spanish word and I don't think it has any chinese meaning (only brief google research though) and I didnt think to check for a chinese trademark until after looking through their website.

The Chinese trademark is filled out but the Status says;

Status
没有符合条件的查询结果!||没有符合条件的查询结果!-

Status
Does not meet the conditions of the query results ! || Query results did not meet the conditions !

But I'm going to assume the trademark is alive and active, is it worth holding onto the name? I do think its a good name, but I would only be holding on to it to resell, and I want to avoid any TM issues. If I should drop it, will I have to call GoDaddy to cancel my order or wait until its in my account (should it arrive) before I ask for a refund?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Trademarks cover many different uses, it's not a problem,,,,, until it's a problem. Example AppleCarRepairs or AppleComputerParts ........ can you spot the problem, if so don't stress
~
If it really worries you, see if the parking relates to the trademark?

•••
Thanks yeah the trademark covers a particular area of products which I ofc wont have anything to do with, If it does get traffic I'm guessing it'll be from the spanish .net and not the chinese .org. We shall see I guess! thanks for the info.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back