NameSilo

.club .Club Showcase and Discussion Thread

Spaceship
Watch
With the recent popularity and domination of the new gTLD registrations in the .Club extension, it's appropriate to get a showcase and discussion thread going for the extension. Use this thread to showcase .Club domains you invested in, Discuss .Club, and point out record breaking .Club sales.

I'll get things started by showing off our new .Club that redirects back to NamePros ::: DomainName.Club ::::

What .Clubs have you guys and gals invested in?
Any great .Club news that others should be aware of?
What are some (Verifiable) mind blowing .club sales you've seen?
How much are you enjoying your new .club?
Know of any developed .Clubs that look cool?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does .club have a license in China per upcoming requirements? Looking for someone who can shed some light on this. xyz has applied, top has one along with wang I think. Any details from .club you can share on this matter would be appreciated as I'm sure your legal team has taken a look? Thanks..

I can shed some light on this. .CLUB was one of the first, maybe even the first company to begin the process. We applied for a Wholly Owned Foreign Enterprise (WOFE) and were approved in the summer of 2015 almost 6 months prior to .XYZ who recently just announced they got their business license. This is only the beginning of the process.

After we received the license we completed the application and submitted it to the MIIT (Chinese government). They came back a few times requesting additional information. A couple of months ago we were informed we were in the queue. Anything can happen in China but I can say we are investing a substantial sum of money and working with the best people in the world to make this happen.

China is a tough market with companies like Google, Twitter, and Facebook all being restricted from launching. .CLUB works really well in China. You can't walk down a street in China without seeing some type of CLUB - Gym club, or KTV club (karaoke), Dinner club etc. Demand for our short names 3 character and 4 character names has been extraordinary selling almost 200,000 of the 450,000 LLLL in the market over the last few months.

Once we get approval our focus on investors in China will change to end users and usage! Although, a global company we do see China as being our top market. Again I will provide an update in a few weeks after I get back from China at the end of this month.

Colin

•••
New G registries are the wholesaler, aftermarket, domain registrar, etc. Too many have learned the hard way wasting time searching for domains.

Ridiculous to claim, "A dearth of .COM availability" when registries are holding back all the good phrases and keywords. Who else agrees?

We just announced at TheDomainConference that .CLUB will have an open drop and will not hold back any names....even short character names that should drop. Based on feedback and support from our customers and given our success we no longer feel it necessary to recapture any of the names.

•••
I thought I would post this response I gave another NamePros's user in regards to some registries dramatically increasing prices.

.CLUB has voluntarily signed a price protection clause with the registrars for the first 5 years which limits to inflation or 15%. We may have been the only one to do it. In addition, we have no intention of raising prices and continue to believe in pricing the names on par or close to .com. We also have a different issue. We have many thousands of businesses but we also have many thousands of blogs and hobby sites. Yes if we raised prices most business would just pay if they have a reasonably successful business, but on the hobby side we would lose a lot of customers who might switch to a cheaper domain. We remain focused on creating and generating a global brand and have raised enough funds to continue to market aggressively with a multi-million dollar budget. I don't believe there is another company who invests more in marketing. I hope that addresses your question.

•••
•••
.CLUB has identified an issue on the drop. As of Oct. 1st, we intended not to reserve any names, however there was a global block on LLL and NNNN. We are working to remove that block and will release any names that were inadvertently reserved. Keep your eyes open on landrush.club. As you likely know 3 character letters and 4 character numbers have been selling very strong in China in auctions so we recognize the value in letting these names drop and the loss for the registry. We as a registry made the decision to offer an "Open Drop" to allow domain investors to grab the best inventory. This decision came about because of our success to date and our belief that it is important to support the domain investor community. Domain investors are early risk takers and can help get .CLUB names placed in hands of end users.

We apologize for not recognizing this reserved name issue earlier. I met with staff today to ensure that we put these changes in effect over the next few days.

Thanks again for pointing this out to us.

Colin Campbell,
CEO, .CLUB

•••
Sedo Just posted their top names in 2014. .CLUB had 6 of top 10 names sold for new gTLDs. Sedo wasn't involved in the coffee.club $100,000 sale.

Upswing in new gTLDs such as .club and .berlin

More than 300 new TLDs have been launched in the market in 2014 and currently there are more than 3.5 million new domains registered. The trading among new gTLD domains is already in full swing and the development of sales at Sedo’s marketplace has been positive. It is still too early to draw any conclusions about the success of the new extensions but the initial sales we’ve seen are good indicators for future price developments industry-wide. There will be even more new TLDs coming to market in 2015, and from that we will assemble new data and information about the development of new gTLDs. In 2014, the highest sale of a new gTLD name was a confidential sale for $100,000.

These were the highest public new gTLD domain name sales at Sedo in 2014:

1) baltic.cruises 25,000 US-Dollar
2) eat.club 20,000 US-Dollar
3) english.club 17,500 US-Dollar
4) jobboerse.berlin 8,000 Euro
5) joy.club 10,000 US-Dollar
6) penguin.club 8,000 US-Dollar
6) havana.club 8,000 US-Dollar
7) viking.cruises 5,500 Euro
8) ritz.club 7,500 US-Dollar
9) uhr.kaufen 4,200 Euro
10) lossless.audio 5,000 US-Dollar

•••
The facts about credit.club.

As promised below are the facts and analysis conducted by Jonathan Frost, our in-house attorney.

Facts:

· The Operations Department, which manages Company domain name registrations, planned a transfer of <CREDIT.CLUB>, along with 130 other domain names, on 2015-01-13 as part of the Company’s Startup.club promotional program.

· On 2015-01-13T20:11:40, the Operations Department removed <CREDIT.CLUB> from the registry-reserve in order to register it as part of the Company’s Startup.club promotional program.

· Between 2015-01-13T20:11:40 and 2015-01-14T21:51:25 (25 hours, 49 minutes, and 45 seconds), the status of <CREDIT.CLUB> was unregistered and unreserved. At that time, the Operations Department did not have knowledge that the registration had failed. It is not clear whether the failed registration was a result of human error or system error.

· At 2015-01-14T21:51:25, a registrant (the “Registrant”) using domain privacy, without the knowledge of the Company, registered the domain <CREDIT.CLUB> at Name.com.

Analysis:

a) Mistaken Registration

The Registrant’s registration of <CREDIT.CLUB> on January 14, 2015 was due to a mistake made by the registry. The mistaken nature of the registration is clear as the domain name was publicly advertised as being a premium domain name in the Startup.club program and the Operations Department documented its plan to register the domain name to a Company subsidiary for promotional purposes. However, on January 13, 2015, when the Operations Department attempted to register <CREDIT.CLUB>, the registration failed, and the failure was not detected at the time.

b) Right to Rescind

The Registration Agreement between Name.com and the Registrant, the RRA between Name.com and the Company, and the Registry Terms and Policies all contemplate registrations that occur as a result of a mistake by the registry, and the registry may rescind such registrations.

c) Conclusion

Thus, it is within the Company’s contractual rights to cancel the registration for <CREDIT.CLUB>.

Further to his analysis and conclusions I can personally state that no one in .CLUB had any conversations regarding credit.club with the registrant at or before the registration of credit.club.

The registry does not believe it is in our best interest nor the best interest of the registrant to pull the name back given the substantial investment in time and money he has invested to launch credit.club. I informed the registrant of such matters and wish him a continued success.

•••
I was asked some questions from a user on this forum in regards to my trip in China. In an effort to be truly transparent for all I posted my responses below:

I am in Shenzhen right now going Xiamen. Meeting with new registrars and large domain investors. Yesterday I meet with Uncle Li as he is called. He was the gentlemen who bought 1.3 million in premium names. He also has been accumulating LLL names. Pricing on LLL may rise substantially as our supply has dwindled. We had listed them for 70-100 retail for random characters but on June 15th the price will go up to 300-500 for all LLL registry held names that are left. Of course 3 character words have a completely different value. For instance we sold VIP.club for 30k to an end user in China.

Last summer we ran a sale for $1 on a registrar (can't remember which one) might have been GMO out of Japan. Anyone could have registered an LLL.club. Actually Someone registered thousands at that price who lives in China. We listed 6000 names in Dec and sold almost all the names at 70 to 100. Our new inventory is being priced at 300-500 on June 15th. This is for random 3 characters. Name with meaning like VIP.club sold for 30K

Amazing. Many domain investors told me that they love .CLUB because it has real application for small businesses, and means exclusive or high end. Many were worried about the "House of Cards" with some of the other TLDs.

•••
I sold a .CLUB yesterday. "Only" mid XXX, but I bought it a few months ago for almost nothing, so good flip anyway.

•••
Coffee.Club for me. As you know, at T.R.A.F.F.I.C., less 30 days ago, I made a deal with the .Club gang, Colin and Jeff to acquire the domain name www.Coffee.Club under their new www.Startup.club program. Since that time, the .CLUB team and Coffee.org team have been working overtime together to build and launch a great subscription business around a great .CLUB name. It is exciting to see the business up and running for Cyber Monday. Kudo's to the .club team for all of the help in making this happen. These guys are putting their money where their mouth was. Everything they committed has been more than exceeded. I will be the first to tell you the results, Good or Bad. Happy Holidays, Bill Mac

•••
10+ names sold in the last week after we launched the premium names through our regsitrar channel including astrology.club (10k), farm.club (2k), smoke.club (2k), Mimi.club (500), TheVIP (500), Avocado.club (2k), gis.club (1k), fan.club (8k) and more. I am talking with my team to release a monthly report to provide guidance.

•••
Hi Collin,
Do you have an update on the China Market?
Thanks

China continues to remain strong for us although premiums have been a bit weaker in the last 3 weeks than in the prior 3 months. I wonder if it is related to the Chinese stock market or the Chinese New Year. I was happy to see 50,000 LLLL G.A. registrations come in from China (of which were discounted to under 10 RMB ($1.40). I am heading back to China in two weeks to meet with a number of companies in 5 different cities. The key event for us will be the approval of .CLUB for use in China which I believe is imminent. Its worth noting that .XYZ just announced that they got their corporation setup while we had it setup over 6 months ago. Setting up a corporation is a key to getting real usage in that market. I will provide an additional update after I get back at the end of the month.

•••
I got stu.club on day1. It's my name, apparently a university in china, and has 30 acronyms on tfd.com. Short and Sweet. I just liked it instantly :)

•••
Alberta.club
FastBall.club
1080.club
IncomeTax.club

Below is a list of .club domains from Sedo that currently have offers -

4x4.club
bus.club
green.club
journal.club
activity.club
999.club
junk.club
n8werk.club
e-commerce.club
jiankang.club
bangalore.club
beta.club
offroad.club
goth.club
cherry.club
puke.club
own.club
jeddah.club
max.club
zone.club
and.club
jianshen.club
capetown.club
chat.club
cams.club

Last edited:
•••
Namepros will join the negativity.club

Below is a list of .club domains from Sedo that currently have offers -
You want offers on yours too? As long as you don't accept them I'll make them.

.club is useful for people that want to create a domain for their club but realistically, how many clubs are there willing to invest $$$ to setup a club? Generic names don't work anyway. You're more likely to sell AlbertaChess.club than Alberta.club - wtf is a city.club?

AlbertaClub.com is listed and yours for $1800 as a defensive reg.

What a waste of time this extension is for resellers. People don't seem to understand the difference between a domain that's great for personal use and one that is great as an investment. Maybe wine.club for a national wine club - but how many of those are there?

BeatGtldDomainInvestorsOverTheHeadWithaBigAss.Club
or
ilostmoneyongtlds.club

Are available.

•••
What a waste of time this extension is for resellers.

I am confident that my .club will sell, for at least 10 times my initial buy in.

umad?

•••
Early this week we announced that Virat Kohli would be using a .CLUB as his official website. Unlike Demi Lovato and 50 Cent, who added a .CLUB site as their fan club site, he actually is launching his first site pointing ViratKohli.com to ViratKohli.club to make it his main site. Most Americans don't know him but he has over 18 million followers on Facebook (5 times Tiger Woods) and he has been considered the second most marketable sports person on the planet leading the scoring in the sport of Cricket (which also happens to be the worlds second most popular sport with over 2.5 billion fans.) Its all about usage, and .CLUB has the advantage of being a social domain extension. More to come.

virat.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-19_13-39-47.png
    upload_2014-11-19_13-39-47.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 119
  • upload_2014-11-19_13-40-42.png
    upload_2014-11-19_13-40-42.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 122
•••
•••
Entrepreneur magazine just bought entrepreneur.club for $7500 on Sedo. A real marketplace for .CLUB names is forming. Still 2-5 percent of .com but I would say "progress is being made".

Happy Birthday .CLUB!

•••
I just sent out a tweet about this recent Chinese frenzy. Feel free to follow me @colindotclub The Chinese bought another 40K so far today. Seems like speculation is getting a bit out of hand. I know this is a result of discounting with registrars combined with an active investor community in China but it seems highly speculative. Brandability of 1-2 even 3 characters makes a lot of sense. Once you start getting into 4 random characters, I really don't know. They do love short names though more than anything else in China. I will be flying there in two weeks to try to get a better understanding what is going on.

•••
I thought you might find this interesting. Michele who is our COO saw this sign while she was eating at a restaurant in Hong Kong.

butcher.png

•••
Remember we no longer recapture any names on the drop. It's a completely open drop.

Not for all names...
Days ago expired
- deutschland.club, you've set $ 1700 price
- creatives.club, you've set $ 300 price
- exist.club, you've set $ 310 price
Why?
If you've decided to open drop, all dropped names must to have a reg fee price.
It is incorrect some names released at regular price and the "premium" names at higher price.
This is not an open drop.
Open drop means ALL names will be released at regular price.

•••
•••
A lot of premium .club domains have been sold since the beginning of this year, including few expensive ones. Not only food.club.

I like .club domains, but It would be very good and would be a lot of sales if .club registry will
come back to reality!

I checked FOOD.CLUB before... $10,000 ... May be this price is OK... not sure... but I have domain FOOD.WORLD which is a perfect combination, and for $10K, I can renew it 45 (!) years!

adult.club - Listed for sale for $ 50,000 (!!!) - REALY?!

adultclub.com
just few days ago was sold for $2,250 at the NamesCon's auction!
$5K - $7,5K will be nice price for adult.club, for end user, but who will buy it for $50,000 ?!

A lot of domains listed for $50,000 - $200,000 just wasting time and money.

I also would like to buy one domain, like the end user, but the price is the same $50,000. Overpriced!

What should I do? @Colin Campbell
Wait when the price will decrease and will be $10,000... one-two years or less... or choose an alternative domain tomorrow?

We are doing our best to keep prices attainable which is why we launched Get.club. I just bought Filter.club for myself (future business idea) and with the 10% off I pay 15 bucks per month for the name for 60 months. .CLUB renewal rate on Godaddy $8.99. The key is that I own the name. Some of these TLDs that offer the prices charge the same fee yearly and they could increase prices for that category of name. .CLUB todate has received 12.2 million in funding. We will attend 15 trade shows globally this year, and we continue to invest heavily in channel marketing. I don't believe there is any other TLD that spends more than us on global marketing. The prices and sales of the premium names support our marketing efforts. Thanks for support.

Colin

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back