Dynadot

.club .Club Showcase and Discussion Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
With the recent popularity and domination of the new gTLD registrations in the .Club extension, it's appropriate to get a showcase and discussion thread going for the extension. Use this thread to showcase .Club domains you invested in, Discuss .Club, and point out record breaking .Club sales.

I'll get things started by showing off our new .Club that redirects back to NamePros ::: DomainName.Club ::::

What .Clubs have you guys and gals invested in?
Any great .Club news that others should be aware of?
What are some (Verifiable) mind blowing .club sales you've seen?
How much are you enjoying your new .club?
Know of any developed .Clubs that look cool?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The last 100 sales for dot club have been around mid $x,xxx on average going back to early last year. Quite Impressive, compared to other nGTLDs.

http://namebio.com/?s=wMwEjNwUzM

Just recently regged VRCam and VRCams dot club, which I believe are fine 1€ investments (Godaddy discounts).

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi Collin,
Do you have an update on the China Market?
Thanks

•••
Hi Collin,
Do you have an update on the China Market?
Thanks

China continues to remain strong for us although premiums have been a bit weaker in the last 3 weeks than in the prior 3 months. I wonder if it is related to the Chinese stock market or the Chinese New Year. I was happy to see 50,000 LLLL G.A. registrations come in from China (of which were discounted to under 10 RMB ($1.40). I am heading back to China in two weeks to meet with a number of companies in 5 different cities. The key event for us will be the approval of .CLUB for use in China which I believe is imminent. Its worth noting that .XYZ just announced that they got their corporation setup while we had it setup over 6 months ago. Setting up a corporation is a key to getting real usage in that market. I will provide an additional update after I get back at the end of the month.

•••
Most excellent, looking forward to some good news when you get back with regards to .club domains potentially getting scooped up by the truckloads on the Chinese market.

•••
.CLUB just released its latest report www.nic.club. Worth noting demand came in from all over the world from 18 different sources.

January-Sales-Chart.png

Names over $999:

GXY.CLUB $999.99 EJEE Group Holdings Limited
VEG.CLUB $999.99 GoDaddy.com, Inc.
CACHE.CLUB $999.99 GoDaddy.com, Inc.
ACI.CLUB $1,016.50 1API GmbH
INFO.CLUB $1,691.00 eNom, Inc.
NAKEDGIRLS.CLUB $1,760.06 Name.com
PARKING.CLUB $1,999.00 Wild West Domains, Inc.*
CLASSY.CLUB $1,999.99 GoDaddy.com, Inc.
SPACE.CLUB $3,750.00 NamesCon Auction
ALPINE.CLUB $4,999.99 Ascio Technologies, Inc.
CRAFT.CLUB $4,999.99 GoDaddy.com, Inc.
BABES.CLUB $4,999.99 GoDaddy.com, Inc.
GLASS.CLUB $5,425.00 Direct Sale
TOKYO.CLUB $5,691.66 Gandi SAS
DIY.CLUB $6,334.31 Chengdu West
GREEN.CLUB $6,999.99 GoDaddy.com, Inc.
ATHLETIC.CLUB $9,000.00 NamesCon Auction
POT.CLUB $10,000.00 NamesCon Auction
STRIP.CLUB $10,000.00 NamesCon Auction
NIGHT.CLUB $12,000.00 NamesCon Auction

•••
Reg'd Toys For Girls @ $1. You would have thought that the guy who bought toysforboys for >3k would have reg'd girls, too. Higher sv for girls than boys. Go figure. Actually, if I remember correctly girls version was reg'd when the news about boys came out.

Like both domains much.

•••
club extensions
brite.
mktg.

•••
"GREAT NEWS" dot CLUB passes dot WIN and now its "no.4" in The new gTLDs registrations table. :)

•••
•••
Just picked up: GroupInvestment.club

•••
I still like .Club you've just got to have the right names. I suggest going for one word premium names that make sense with Club following it.

•••
"GREAT NEWS" dot CLUB passes dot WIN and now its "no.4" in The new gTLDs registrations table. :)

Today, dot CLUB passes dot WANG and now its "No.3" after dot XYZ and dot TOP :)

•••
what a reason?
I actually read an article this morning that a large number of LLLL.club were registered by Chinese yesterday. Might be some value in LLLL.club soon after all.

•••
I just sent out a tweet about this recent Chinese frenzy. Feel free to follow me @colindotclub The Chinese bought another 40K so far today. Seems like speculation is getting a bit out of hand. I know this is a result of discounting with registrars combined with an active investor community in China but it seems highly speculative. Brandability of 1-2 even 3 characters makes a lot of sense. Once you start getting into 4 random characters, I really don't know. They do love short names though more than anything else in China. I will be flying there in two weeks to try to get a better understanding what is going on.

•••
So I guess I'll hang on to these:

QTQT
.club
XXXQ.club
XXXZ.club
XZXZ.club
ZZZQ.club
ZZZX.club

Might be so heat coming soon!

•••
I have

REPLACEMENT . CLUB
Which I was going to market in the Golfing industry....
Got put on the back burner along with 1000 other projects.lol

•••
I just sent out a tweet about this recent Chinese frenzy. Feel free to follow me @colindotclub The Chinese bought another 40K so far today. Seems like speculation is getting a bit out of hand. I know this is a result of discounting with registrars combined with an active investor community in China but it seems highly speculative. Brandability of 1-2 even 3 characters makes a lot of sense. Once you start getting into 4 random characters, I really don't know. They do love short names though more than anything else in China. I will be flying there in two weeks to try to get a better understanding what is going on.

Colin - Its one Chinese investor who buy all of them or more than one?

•••
Haven't regd anything recently but back for a while so here's some:-
baur
dykes
dado
bren
ajay

•••
Fussballwetten.club Soccerbetting in German
Onlinewetten.club Onlinebetting in German

Both premium German domains

•••
•••
You jerk! I was trying to get BeloHorizonte.club. Had to settle for Belo.club :). I did manage to walk away with Recife.club and Natal.club. (Natal is a city in Brazil and also means "Christmas").

My best .club names are Portuguese. I was a little concerned because club in Portuguese is actually spelled "clube", but my native speaking friends tell me it is not a problem as Brazilians are used to seeing the English spelling in advertisements. Also, the word order is backwards but it will always be this way for Portuguese.
Natal is a city in Brazil and also means "Christmas" - Nice buy!

•••

Does .club have a license in China per upcoming requirements? Looking for someone who can shed some light on this. xyz has applied, top has one along with wang I think. Any details from .club you can share on this matter would be appreciated as I'm sure your legal team has taken a look? Thanks..

•••
DRONEFLY.CLUB
MEGANET.CLUB

•••
Does .club have a license in China per upcoming requirements? Looking for someone who can shed some light on this. xyz has applied, top has one along with wang I think. Any details from .club you can share on this matter would be appreciated as I'm sure your legal team has taken a look? Thanks..

I can shed some light on this. .CLUB was one of the first, maybe even the first company to begin the process. We applied for a Wholly Owned Foreign Enterprise (WOFE) and were approved in the summer of 2015 almost 6 months prior to .XYZ who recently just announced they got their business license. This is only the beginning of the process.

After we received the license we completed the application and submitted it to the MIIT (Chinese government). They came back a few times requesting additional information. A couple of months ago we were informed we were in the queue. Anything can happen in China but I can say we are investing a substantial sum of money and working with the best people in the world to make this happen.

China is a tough market with companies like Google, Twitter, and Facebook all being restricted from launching. .CLUB works really well in China. You can't walk down a street in China without seeing some type of CLUB - Gym club, or KTV club (karaoke), Dinner club etc. Demand for our short names 3 character and 4 character names has been extraordinary selling almost 200,000 of the 450,000 LLLL in the market over the last few months.

Once we get approval our focus on investors in China will change to end users and usage! Although, a global company we do see China as being our top market. Again I will provide an update in a few weeks after I get back from China at the end of this month.

Colin

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back