Domain Empire

question .com or .cn?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What is the best extension for the Chinese market?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How I wish I could have noticed your question earlier:lookaround:. I think that .CN is more suitable. Because it endows enterprises with a distinctive symbol that reflects its value and orientation. When you use .CN domain name, Chinese costomers will know that your service is oriented to the Chinese market and they may have more familliar feeling.

•••
How I wish I could have noticed your question earlier:lookaround:. I think that .CN is more suitable. Because it endows enterprises with a distinctive symbol that reflects its value and orientation. When you use .CN domain name, Chinese costomers will know that your service is oriented to the Chinese market and they may have more familliar feeling.
------------------
WOW! Thanks...If the website is selling worldwide, go with .com?

•••
This is an old thread..but since you got an answer let me add that in reality if you are aiming at China then .中国 ccTLD is much better than .cn. However if you are looking for short term investing then go with a .cn.
If for development or long term investment, then once again a .中国 is the best!

•••
------------------
WOW! Thanks...If the website is selling worldwide, go with .com?
haha, i mean .cn is especially suitable for Chinese market, and it is can also be used for worldwide market.

•••
我的天。I'm glad to answer this question as a Chinese, in Chinese market, .cn is welcomed,many enterprise and end users choose it.But in most instances, .com is still the first choice.So it's a good choice.

•••
This is an old thread..but since you got an answer let me add that in reality if you are aiming at China then .中国 ccTLD is much better than .cn. However if you are looking for short term investing then go with a .cn.
If for development or long term investment, then once again a .中国 is the best!

How many Chinese even know that .中国 is available as opposed to .cn which dominates over the Chinese character extension?

How many .中国 active websites in comparison to .cn, I am guessing a minuscule amount?

•••
I wasnt referring in my answer to quantity but quality. Those are 2 separate things.
As far as quality .中国 is the best. End of story.

If you are looking to making money by selling the domain in the near future then dont use it.
If you are looking to develop and want a huge advantage-then go for it.

•••
I wasnt referring in my answer to quantity but quality. Those are 2 separate things.
As far as quality .中国 is the best. End of story.

If you are looking to making money by selling the domain in the near future then dont use it.
If you are looking to develop and want a huge advantage-then go for it.

But .中国 are barely being used and IDN in general are a long way way from being accepted in China at all so how do you justify .中国 is the best?

I have actually sold over $20,000 of .中国 none of which were to Chinese, but over 3 years ago, any market has just about disappeared. I still hold some premium IDN.中国/ IDN.cn and quite a few ASCII.cn and am quite familiar with the market, or so I thought?

•••
I already justified it and so did Kassey.
I think you missed my point...or i just didnt explain myself clearly.(probably the latter).

I was talking development and long run.

Idns are way-way better than pinyin, ASCII in china for building a site.

For trading domains at this stage they are not worth much. On that i agree with you.

I was talking for development... Thats all...

•••
@Yong1
picard-facepalm.jpg

•••
Hey.. Yoda (Star wars )beats Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek ) any day... ;))

•••
I already justified it and so did Kassey.
My favorites are actually .公司 and .世界, not .中国.. In my April 25 blog post http://coreile.com/p160425.html I did a simple survey of Chinese .IDN promoted by China's Top 10 domain registrars and the two that stand out are: .公司 (company) and .网络 (network)

•••
My favorites are actually .公司 and .世界, not .中国.. In my April 25 blog post http://coreile.com/p160425.html I did a simple survey of Chinese .IDN promoted by China's Top 10 domain registrars and the two that stand out are: .公司 (company) and .网络 (network)
Thank you for sharing the information, it seems that .公司 and .网络 are also very popular

•••
There is a differene one is a ccTLD while the others are gTLD's.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back