Dynadot

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes but the fed are just printing empty money into infinity.
its no longer backed by gold..
i think by the time all this is over... usd may be worth much less.
in times of extreme crisis, even money in the bank can get locked.. taken away... even bank insurances won't help... come on everyone lets put any extra money we own into liquid domains lol

3l.com are expensive.. but say.. a bunch of 4l.com or something ;)

It is printed Fiat currency with zero backing, the problem with going this route, it encourages consumers to spend -spend-spend, that in trying to chum the fish to eat.

•••
European Union will close external borders for 30 days to slow coronavirus pandemic

Movement of people within the European Union’s 27 member nations will be still be allowed under the restrictions.

The EU will arrange for the repatriation of citizens of member countries.

-------

Also, on Monday:

- Canada’s prime minister, Justin Trudeau, said he was closing his nation’s borders to foreigners, with the major exception of U.S. citizens.

- French President Emmanuel Macron ordered people in that nation to stay at home for up to 15 days, except for essential needs.

-------

Also: The New York mayor said city officials are “absolutely considering” a shelter-in-place order similar to the one that took effect Monday in the San Francisco Bay area, where six counties are almost completely shut down.

Last edited:
•••
If we only really knew, the diversions so far have been for us to look left while something is happening on the right and visa versa

Society can't handle knowing what is really going on. If society really knew what was going on there would be pandemonium.

•••
One thing I think is effecting the whole world right now is confidence and trust. We are seeing countries fall apart at the foundation and no one is coming to save them, hospitals collapsing due to shortage and staff falling ill , that telling us help is not close if at all , We all may very well have to ride the out alone.

•••
It is printed Fiat currency with zero backing, the problem with going this route, it encourages consumers to spend -spend-spend, that in trying to chum the fish to eat.

well it is true that most people have debts.. not assets or savings...
but i would need to disagree with you that fiat with zero backing encourages people to spend.. simply because most people are not even aware fed is doing this endless printing with no backing... its hard to believe but many are basically this ignorant about the very money they use daily.. its origin, workings.. etc.

•••
One thing I think is effecting the whole world right now is confidence and trust. We are seeing countries fall apart at the foundation and no one is coming to save them, hospitals collapsing due to shortage and staff falling ill , that telling us help is not close if at all , We all may very well have to ride the out alone.
Those that have put all their faith in government, will be most impacted. The U.S. has a large population that do not believe the government can take care of all problems. For that reason the U.S. will pull out of this earlier than most...imo

•••

true as I mentioned earlier today... the solution to all this will be only one in the end.. herd immunity... i seriously think it'll just get to the point where everyone will get infected. sadly, not all of us will come out of this alive. they do not call this phase delay for nothing. its just delaying inevitable. 100% humanity infection rate is not impossible down the road.

•••
I was trying to find how many countries were effected by this virus. The number of countries so far is 147. So I am suppose to believe somebody who ate bat soup at a restaurant in China is responsible for starting a virus that has reached 147 countries at rapid speed. If it came from China I highly doubt it was from somebody eating bat soup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_coronavirus_pandemic_by_country_and_territory

Last edited:
•••
Those that have put all their faith in government, will be most impacted. The U.S. has a large population that do not believe the government can take care of all problems. For that reason the U.S. will pull out of this earlier than most...imo

very well spoken IMO

While some states believe and put their sole trust into their government, others not so much, my state of Texas is one that is not so much, a lot of the southern states are just like Texas, the northeastern states seem to trust their city, county and fed governments much more IMO

•••
very well spoken IMO

While some states believe and put their sole trust into their government, others not so much, my state of Texas is one that is not so much, a lot of the southern states are just like Texas, the northeastern states seem to trust their city, county and fed governments much more IMO
Texas is the country, I mean state, that I was thinking of most....hahaha

•••
true as I mentioned earlier today... the solution to all this will be only one in the end.. herd immunity... i seriously think it'll just get to the point where everyone will get infected. sadly, not all of us will come out of this alive. they do not call this phase delay for nothing. its just delaying inevitable. 100% humanity infection rate is not impossible down the road.

I am beginning to think you be right on getting immunity to the virus, the virus has launched city close downs and businesses , especially small ones may be done when this over,, It is a gamble going either way I guess, business as usual and take the chance on over 2 million deaths , or hide from it and take much less casualties, the virus has got us in a we don’t know what is right or wrong situation right now

Last edited:
•••
•••

we have had social distancing in many parts of Texas since it was founded , small towns and rural areas, we like our spread of land here.

•••
De Blasio urges New Yorkers to prepare to shelter in place

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio urged New Yorkers on Tuesday afternoon to prepare for the possibility that there could be a shelter in place order within the next two days, though Gov. Andrew Cuomo, whose approval would be required for such a move, downplayed the possibility.

"I think New Yorkers should be prepared right now for the possibility of a shelter in place order," de Blasio, a Democrat, said during a press briefing about coronavirus. "It has not happened yet but it is definitely a possibility at this point. I believe that decision should be made in the next 48 hours, and it's a very, a very difficult decision."

De Blasio acknowledged that such a step would be Cuomo's call but said, "I think it's gotten to the point where a decision has to be made very soon."

•••
De Blasio urges New Yorkers to prepare to shelter in place

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio urged New Yorkers on Tuesday afternoon to prepare for the possibility that there could be a shelter in place order within the next two days, though Gov. Andrew Cuomo, whose approval would be required for such a move, downplayed the possibility.

"I think New Yorkers should be prepared right now for the possibility of a shelter in place order," de Blasio, a Democrat, said during a press briefing about coronavirus. "It has not happened yet but it is definitely a possibility at this point. I believe that decision should be made in the next 48 hours, and it's a very, a very difficult decision."

De Blasio acknowledged that such a step would be Cuomo's call but said, "I think it's gotten to the point where a decision has to be made very soon."

interesting, If the people of New York voted on it, it would pass, maybe a 20% wouldn’t

that is the difference in the northeastern states as opposed to the Southern states, they would have to wrestle us in Texas to get us into any kind of a so called shelter, we already have a shelters, our houses and our land, if need be I can go quarantine away from wife, I can go sleep in my barn.

Last edited:
•••
•••
My wife just told me she went to the grocery store and still no chicken or beef , there was none yesterday either. We have 25 hens and three roosters. But they are only for eggs, but if it gets bad enough, I am gonna have to go old school with a hen or two

•••
interesting, If the people of New York voted on it, it would pass, maybe a 20% wouldn’t

that is the difference in the northeastern states as opposed to the Southern states, they would have to wrestle us in Texas to get us into any kind of a so called shelter, we already have a shelters, our houses and our land, if need be I can go quarantine away from wife, I can go sleep in my barn.

Dude, shelter in place doesn't mean go to a shelter, it means chill out at home.

Shelter in place means finding a safe location indoors and staying there until you are given an “all clear” or told to evacuate. You may be asked to shelter in place because of an active shooter; tornado; or chemical, radiological, or other hazard.

•••
Dude, shelter in place doesn't mean go to a shelter, it means chill out at home.

Shelter in place means finding a safe location indoors and staying there until you are given an “all clear” or told to evacuate. You may be asked to shelter in place because of an active shooter; tornado; or chemical, radiological, or other hazard.

cool, I am down then

•••

The best way to create “herd immunity” is to develop vaccines, not kill off a percentage of the population.

•••
The best way to create “herd immunity” is to develop vaccines, not kill off a percentage of the population.

true. unfortunately the ideal scenerio has already been confrimed as not available soon enough ... therefore the virus will take its natural path of propagation.

it will be just a matter of who is faster.. us and our meds, or the virus. in this particular case, the virus will be faster.

we should probably prepare for that rather than live by an impossible scenerio of a quick vaccine.

•••

that is ideal, but if people are homeless and can’t get work due to a very deep recession or actual depression even, not being able to live could be just as bad as being dead possibly. All this is soooo confusing because I know we want to do what is right, but what is right?? Right for the future of the world and our countries so our children and ect have a chance at living the life we have been able to live, that is my biggest concern right now, the future of the young folks.

I am praying so hard that a vaccine in available soon, that will zap all my confusion

Last edited:
•••
if need be I can go quarantine away from wife, I can go sleep in my barn.

The one and only out loud, snort inducing laugh I had all day...thank you!

Last edited:
•••
Treasury Secretary warns US could see 20% unemployment rate due to coronavirus

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin warned Republican senators Tuesday that the coronavirus pandemic could drive up US unemployment to 20%, a Republican Senate source told CNN.

Mnuchin's comments came as he urged Republican senators to act on economic stimulus measures totaling $1 trillion designed to avert that kind of worst case scenario.

In the same meeting, Mnuchin also said he is concerned the economic ramifications of the coronavirus pandemic could be worse than the 2008 financial crisis, the source said.

Mnuchin's comments, which were first reported by Bloomberg News, come amid a rising sense of urgency at the White House and on Capitol Hill to confront the increasingly serious threat of the coronavirus pandemic — on both the public health and economic fronts.

•••
Treasury Secretary warns US could see 20% unemployment rate due to coronavirus

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin warned Republican senators Tuesday that the coronavirus pandemic could drive up US unemployment to 20%, a Republican Senate source told CNN.

Mnuchin's comments came as he urged Republican senators to act on economic stimulus measures totaling $1 trillion designed to avert that kind of worst case scenario.

In the same meeting, Mnuchin also said he is concerned the economic ramifications of the coronavirus pandemic could be worse than the 2008 financial crisis, the source said.

Mnuchin's comments, which were first reported by Bloomberg News, come amid a rising sense of urgency at the White House and on Capitol Hill to confront the increasingly serious threat of the coronavirus pandemic — on both the public health and economic fronts.

that would make the US a catastrophe, so would a 20% death ratio, this is why I say this is soooo damn confusing

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back